Home Stretch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Will-I-Am-Not, Nov 27, 2022.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

If those two loses are against Buffalo and Miami I would be disastrous.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yes. Last week's 2nd divisional loss to the same opponent unfortunately put them in a bit of a hole ...

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  3. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I’m pretty happy right now. We are playing with the houses money at this point. Defense needs to really bring it next week.

Jets81, Section 336 and stinkyB like this.
  4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I think indoors, Jets and White will be able to score some points on the Vikings defense.
    The key to this game will be the D keeping us in it JD not letting the Vikings receivers run wild, which I think we are more than capable- I think this will be within one score either in the 4th quarter.

papapump likes this.
  5. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Assuming they do not sweep the remaining three against the NFC opponents (MIN, DET, SEA), Jets will probably need to win two of three from the remaining AFC opponents BUF, MIA and JAX to have a shot at playoffs. If Jets lose out on tiebreakers, getting swept by New England in two winnable games will end up being the difference.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Yeah it is, especially because most of our wildcard competition all play each other 3-4 times over the coming weeks.

7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

The Vikings are beatable.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

As much as JJ plays in the slot, I kinda wanna see if Sauce or Reed follow him there too. MC has been good but I want to match true strength on strength.

9. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Not really. Breece went down during the broncos game(his one touchdown gave us that win) then Zach lost two games and game managed a win in which the defense was amazing against the bills. without Breece these games are tricky. With him, this team could contend for a deep playoff run. MW may or may not be enough. We shall see.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If they win the game next week their playoff chances are 100% better than they are right now. They just need the mindset that the only game that matters is the one right in front of them.

Nyjets4eva, NYJetsO12 and jets_fan like this.
  11. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Hopefully the Bills spank the Pats next week and they can just go away for good this season.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  12. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

10-7 doesn't get this team to the playoffs.
    We'll be in even better shape if the Bills blow the doors off the Pats on Thursday night. Getting a 2 (well, 1.5 really) jump on the Pats with us still having the Lions and Jags on the schedule would be nice. It would also keep them behind us in the event that we don't get out of Minnesota with a W.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

A bit absurd the overconfidence on this Board vis a vis the Vikings

They are A 9 win team with Curt Cousins having his Mojo going with Justin Jefferson..and its a road game for us

The matchup with Jefferson , and I assume Sauce Gardner is that CB, will be critical as JJ is no walk in the park receiver

Sauce gets beat like a drum or punches his ticket for Rookie of the Year next Sunday

#33 NYJetsO12, Nov 27, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  14. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I'm rooting like hell for the playoffs, because we're about to be in December and there's actually a viable path to that end.

My baseline wish though is to finish above .500. Considering where this season started, I feel like that would be a fantastic jumping off point for this organization. Going 2-4 to finish this season would unquestionably sting in the moment - I'd probably spend my Sundays breaking remotes and taking long walks - but being in the hunt into the new year with a roster that's grown leaps and bounds and finishing above .500 would make me as excited about the offseason as I've been in a decade. Maybe more.

This franchise is suddenly moving forward at a really rapid rate. And regardless of how the last 6 games go, there's a sustainable core in place and a sh*t ton of help on the way.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Next two weeks are tough. At Vikings and then at Bills. I wonder if they flex the Jets at Bills game to SNF. That week is Broncos and Chiefs. I realize the league likes having Mahomes in primetime, but Denver is crap. That game will be a blowout. Also, that day is Eagles at Giants. That is another game that could be flexed probably more so than Jets at Bills if the league decides to move the Chiefs - Broncos game.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/remaining_schedule_strength

How wonderful that I get on Tankathon not to look at draft positions but to get the remaining SOS for each team! haha

Everybody in the AFC East is Top 10 in terms of hardest SOS, likely because we're still playing each other quite a bit down the stretch.

Important to note that of the playoff teams we're most concerned with, Cincinnati has the toughest remaining SOS (4th hardest) as they have vsKC, vsCLE, @TB, @NE, vsBUF, vs BAL left on their schedule. If they can drop 3-4 of these, I feel great about our chances of getting a WC berth.

LAC on the other hand has the 24th hardest SOS remaining as they have @LV, vsMIA, vsTEN, @IND, vsLAR, and @DEN remaining.

Not that I'm expecting to win the division but we technically control our own destiny as it pertains to the AFC East.

Miami has a gauntlet down the stretch, @SF, @LAC, @BUF, vsGB, @NE, and vsNYJ. Buffalo as well, @NE, vsNYJ, vsMIA, @CHI, @CIN, vsNE.

IF, and it's a massive IF, we can somehow win the 2 "gimmes" left (JAX and DET) and win the 2 AFC East games left, we would have a great chance at winning the division.

Cart before the horse, I know. It all starts next week @MIN!

17. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

The deadline for flexing that game is tomorrow (Tuesday). So we'll know sometime before tomorrow is over if they plan to flex Jets/Bills to Sunday night or not.

18. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Quick look at your rooting guide for the next 3 weeks.

19. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Nyjets4eva and KY Jets Fan like this.
  20. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's overconfidence. I've felt for weeks that the Jets could beat the Vikings. Jefferson is very dangerous and Dalvin Cook is tough on the ground. But, a lot of their wins have come from subpar teams.

They squeaked out victories against Lions, Saints and Bears, hardly the cream of the crop. They did manage to get past the Bills.

If the Jets roll into Minnesota with their suffocating defense and with Mike White firing on all cylinders they can skip town with another victory under their belts.

#40 BleedJetsGreen1981, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    NYJetsO12 likes this.