The Mike White Era Begins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I noticed that too. It makes sense he feels that way, but he should know that the cameras will be on him. That being said the camera wasn’t in him all game, and he was wet and gross. I don’t think he’s a great QB, but I don’t think he is as much of a douche as people are making him out to be.

egelband likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Mike White = high ceiling
    Zach Wilson = low ceiling

James Hasty likes this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Stop. I saw him smile. Once.

stinkyB and Cman68 like this.
  4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I think things need to be kept in perspective a little. Yes Mike White is definitely the spark the team needed. Yes I think he can lead the team to the playoffs as long as the defense keep up it’s end. I still have doubts that he is a long term starter. I think he is more of a jump start plug in guy - very similar to Pat Ryan - for the older guys here.

I’m hoping he proves me wrong …. We need to remember the Bears defense is bad and also injury riddled making it worse. We will probably get a better idea of how a Mike White Jets team will really look in the next two weeks.

He did look impressive though - he was decisive, his throws were on target. He did this despite the pouring rain.

Let’s try to keep this going ….. let’s go Jets!

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I think this mentality Is exactly what puts the right people In the wrong places and vice versa.

The dude has had some truly phenomenal games for us and yet we sit here questioning It almost like we are programmed to do so.. I personally say, fuck the narrative. I don't give a shit that he has been a backup for the majority of his career, that he Isn't supposed to be successful, that we still have our #2 draft pick to force Into the equation, blah, blah, blah... It gets old.

He has shown that he can have even better games against teams like last years AFC CHAMPIONS. With far less talent then we have now on offense.

I'm tired of this prove It crap.. Dude Is already proving It by making the simple shit look easy, by being efficient, by being accurate, by making your stars on offense look like stars on offense. These are things Zach Wilson hasn't done and I'm not sure he Is capable of doing so...

Mike White. Has ALREADY proven that he can do so...

Until he starts looking like Zach Wilson. Who consistently shit the bed over 20 games.. Then I don't understand why this narrative exists?

I don't give a shit about the Bears defense. He did everything he was supposed to do and then some. He deserves to have a true opportunity at this point.

#165 IIMeanDeanII, Nov 27, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

once...

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If he channels his anger and frustration into making himself better I don't care how he looks on the sideline. However if he carries a butt hurt attitude around he'll find out what the letter N.F.L. (Not For Long) stand for. I hope he rises to the challenge, but if he doesn't and White continues to play like he did today, then he won't likely be on the team long term.

8. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

9. IIMeanDeanII

..and In that moment, he realized.

He definitely didn't let the defense down this week.

A real team player moment for him I'm sure.

RevisIsland18 likes this.
  10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Probably because he was watching a comptent QB play and was
    Finally, somone that gets it. HC presser stated essentaiily the same thing... efficient, made it look easy...and humble. Lets beat Min now

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

White's numbers at halftime would've been roughly equivalent to Zach's best full game ever.

It's amazing how different this offense looks with a QB who can complete short+intermediate passes. If White continues to play anywhere close to this level there's no way we can put Wilson back in. White is an accurate distributor who is tall enough to see the field well, or basically exactly what this offense needs.

Tricky thing is what we do if he continues to play well, since he'll be a UFA after this season. If he has another couple games like this one I say we lock him up long term immediately before he gets significantly more expensive.

Jets81, Jets79, KY Jets Fan and 3 others like this.
  12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

He did it once - well twice now. He had a horrid game against Buffalo - who he’ll be playing again in 2 weeks. And I’m not saying Wilson is better. At this point White is the better QB.

Like I said let’s see how these next two road games turn out. I hope White leads them to two more wins ….

At this point I have a hard time seeing Zach taking another snap unless White gets hurt.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There wouldn’t be an issue with Wilson’s demeanor if you couldn’t juxtapose it against other quarterbacks attitude. Herbert and Burrow fucking HATE losing and playing bad. Murray’s a schmuck but he’s mad when they lose and he plays bad. Allen - it’s been well noted they he blames himself when he lose.

Wilson sounds frustrated for having to deal with it rather than being frustrated with poor play or losing.

Since1969, Brook! and stinkyB like this.
  14. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

Preach! This post is everything.

I agree 100% .... ppl STILL BEING ZW APOLOGISTS. If you had to call it right this second who would u have moving forward one or the other between MW and ZW. If your answer is ZW ... lol to be nice. MW is the future of this franchise. His style of Play ... quick, decisive, getting to his 2nd and 3rd reads routinely, not forcing the deep route called ... he has displayed this in 3/4 starts. It was nice to see him reference the Buffalo game last year in the press conference today. He recognizes he tried to play hero ball, against a top 5 pass defense, with an arm that maybe wasn't even 100% after the nerve injury... ZW or MW ... pick 1 .... MW all the way!! QB1!

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  15. IIMeanDeanII

That Is a tricky deal. I hadn't even thought about that and didn't realize he was an UFA after this season.

I hope, his play will not be murky one way or another. If he Is consistent (one way or another), It should be a no brainer I would think.

KY Jets Fan and REVISion like this.
  16. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

But is there only a 6 pound difference? Well regarding weight because some think so.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Worst case we could franchise tag him, but I don't think it would be necessary. Even if he plays really well and wins a playoff game, he knows this offense is a good fit for him, and he's not going to want to leave. The trickiest thing IMO is if he plays well but not that well, like 15-20ish starter. Do we roll with him next year, or do we try to upgrade with someone like Garoppolo?

18. IIMeanDeanII

He's been given far fewer games and has had much more success already than, Zach Wilson.

To put It Into context. Mike White has had one truly dog shit game that he has played, In which he was hurt. Zach Wilson has had maybe 1-2 average/above average games. Ever.

I hear ya, I just think the narrative should be the other way around right now after a game like Mike White just had. That's all.

KY Jets Fan and REVISion like this.
  19. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

The Wilson fans have been quiet the past week.

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  20. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

What’s Zach’s trade value atm? Right now I think we can get a ham sandwich for him

IIMeanDeanII likes this.