Zach Benched

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Nov 23, 2022.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

IDK about "fairness" but I agree giving a backup an easier game is a good move.

What I like even more is that if MW f's up against the Bears we know he's not even a short-term solution. This is a lot of information gained in 1 game. If he had F'd up against Buffalo he'd still have excuses.

He's 1 and done if he doesn't play at least average today IMO.

2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

LOL, holy shit. Post of the year...

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Wilson needs to tell his parents to stay out of things. Time to grow up and be a man

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

There's an "Ignore List"? :p:p:p

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Actually, it translates into "The Good"..

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

That would be a different joke ;)

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Damn what did mommy and daddy say?

8. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

So the narrative that is being fed to the media is that 1) is a fundamentals problem, not an issue with reading defenses or processing, and 2) Zach not only had the yips this year, but he had them last season AND this preseason.

This is the second time Rap has done a quick hit on the Zach situation, and he's really driving home the fundamentals-is-the-problem. Watch until the end though - of all the awful clips we've saw about not being able to hit screens or see receivers wide open for touchdowns, the play Rap highlights might be the most damning.

Nyjets4eva, Cidusii and HomeoftheJets like this.
  9. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Simian out for Bears as well. Perlman to start.

10. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Is YIPs a euphemism for afraid to take a hit ?????

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

YESSSSSSS!!!!! Nathan Zombieman has returned!!!

12. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Why did the RB expect the ball?

13. bashykevin

bashykevin Member

Fields would have been better. The End.

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The time to bench Zach Wilson was during the game against the Cheats. So he's benched now, that's just great; but the loss came and went and the end result is so typical there are no words. It was a horrible coaching decision by Coach Saleh to leave him in the game. The bottom line is he didn't pull the trigger when it counted the most. That game could easily have been won with my dog at QB so if Coach Saleh was as concerned about winning at all costs as he said he was he wouldn't have given a shit about Wilson's ego, something that Wilson has done nothing yet to earn. Boo-hoo, Coach Saleh is not being loyal to me or some shit like that by sitting me before the end of the 3rd Q, well guess what? Wilson's reaction was that he got slapped in the face by the day late and a dollar short decision, anyway.

I was so angry about that completely avoidable loss that I haven't watched any football until today, and I'm only watching just to see Zach Wilson eat shit. Needless to say I wasn't enamored of his teenage bullshit via lack of ownership for his awful play on top of it. Next to Saleh not pulling him he is the sole reason the Jets lost that game and then he spit in the faces of his defense post-game. Forget about reading the Playbook, go read the Book of Mormon and get the fck out of here. I don't want to see him again. Next.

15. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

In watching this game I’m perplexed, I really am. MW ain’t throwing no lasers, he’s just running a simple game plan. Why oh why can’t the Uber talented Wilson do this?

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Because it's really hard to play QB in the NFL. Maybe .1% of all the people who played QB at the high school level have a chance to play in the NFL. It's no shame to not be able to play at this level - very few can and ZW definitely can't.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  17. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Mike White throwing dimes though and threading needles. At least 4 of those throws had to be perfect and they were.

blackssmagic and Cidusii like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think a lot of playing QB in the NFL usually boils down to pocket presence too. If you can’t feel the rush without seeing it, you’re naturally as a human being going to be scared to get hit. There are very few guys in the league that don’t mind getting hit and still hang onto the ball (Burrow is one of them if you watch him play).

Wilson has no idea where the rush is at all times because he’s never really had to deal with pressure. It ends up being all he thinks about as the play is going on so he can’t focus on moving the ball. It’s hard to analyze where’s the check down, where’s the robber, where’s the flat defender, etc. when you have no idea when you’re going to get hit.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That’s what happens when you play in the air raid in college. Gardner Minshew is the same deal. You throw so many fucking balls you have no choice but to be mostly accurate. Bailey Zappe is the same deal as well.

Not to say these guys are all world beaters, but if you give them some skill position players and a good scheme and they will move the ball because it’s what they did in college.

White threw 1393 passes in college. Wilson 837. That’s almost two more seasons.

The funny thing is that the Wilson stans made so much of how the other QBs were one read and throw QBs in college, meanwhile the air raid is one read and throw. But if you’re decisive and understand how to run an offense, that works.

Brook! and blackssmagic like this.
  20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

And his bad throws are like just a little off-target - which is where ZW's good throws register.

blackssmagic likes this.