Where's the love for the front office in this?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Carr could cope with Vegas, but not New York? I dunno man. Vegas is a 24hr circus complete with all kinds of temptation to go wrong and Carr has done fine. I think He would thrive here but he might have to drop the eye liner. :)

This FO has one last mission to complete before they can be labeled the best Jet FO of all time. That is, bring this team a QB that can play at a high level. Perhaps what they use to evaluate QB's probably needs tweaking though.. .:)

cmcm750203, azhar80, PJ4Ever and 2 others like this.
  2. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Better to have a competent expensive qb than keep wasting high draft capital on duds, Sanchez and Darnold set this franchise back more than a decade. Get a proven qb waste the draft capital on the offensive line and you got yourself a superbowl contender. This team is a competent qb and a lineman or 2 away from competing for a superbowl. Joe Douglas turned this team around.

papapump likes this.
  3. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

You are correct about the eye liner. My concern would be the press corps and the fans.

I just hope it’s not Jimmy G.

azhar80 likes this.
  4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

He doesn’t mean that Carr will get in trouble from temptations in NY, he means the NY media will crush him. He’s a bit of a snippy, emotional guy.

papapump, Nyjets4eva and Cman68 like this.
  5. george sakell

Bright side is there will always be a Gm who will fall in love with Zacks arm and athletism and think they can save him and ship us a 2nd round pick.

azhar80, Since1969, abyzmul and 2 others like this.
  6. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Lets see how the season plays out . We will find out a lot about our defense these last 7 games Except for Lawrence we will playing against stud qbs . Goff impressed me today .

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Chris Simms is always saying that his analyst job is his resumé for a GM job. Maybe if some team is dumb enough to hire him, he'll give the Jets 10 first round picks for Zach.

azhar80 likes this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Douglas and Saleh are the ones responsible for selecting Wilson in the draft and putting him on the field. We're having this discussion because so far those decisions have resulted in failure. Can anyone actually expect them not to be held responsible? Yep, you really do need to take the bitter with the sweet.

#28 Ralebird, Nov 24, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
  9. george sakell

Im sure Douglas was pressured into that pick, Jets had to take a Qb and took the wrong one, name me 1 gm who has hit on every pick, we are lucky to have Douglas after Tannenbaum, Idzik, Maccagnan who took bust after bust after bust. If Wilson and Bechton turn out to be busts and Sauce and Garrett Wilson turn out to be superstars and Jermaine turns out to be good he still succeeded more than almost any other gm. Also he fleeced every Gm so far in trades. He traded Adams who Seattle probally would trade for a 3 round pick for a huge haul and saved cap space, traded Darnold who stinks for a 2nd round pick. Name the last Gm that has done that for the Jets? Douglas gets a A+ so far as the Jets Gm. In 1 season he turned us from a laughing stock to a team that has playoff aspirations.

#29 george sakell, Nov 24, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

11. Ralebird

Interesting comment - who is it that you believe pressured Douglas into selecting Wilson? Why was that pressure applied? Why did Douglas succumb to the pressure and who would he have selected without the pressure?

I have no idea why you have mentioned previous GMs, none of whom had anything to do with picking Wilson. Just because the guy has made some good picks and trades doesn't mean he gets a pass for blowing the biggest one he was faced with and that's where we stand today. The final chapter has yet to be written.

12. Ralebird

Still nothing to contribute, I see, other than chirping from the cheap seats.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'll stay out of it.

Carry on.

14. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Yeah, 6-4 with a top 3 defense, what a mess.

JetFanInNE and NYJ1970 like this.
  15. Ralebird

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. Mine is that an NFL team without a quarterback is a mess. The head coach went even farther when he said two yards of offense in two quarters of football is "dog shit.". I'll take his word for it.

Borat likes this.
  16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Davil's advocate, the list of Fuk ups is still longer than the list of accolades.

That said. These are the 2 I wanted and NOW they are showing why.
    The rebuild still hasn't given us anything.. No playoffs, No division and still losing to the pats twice ever year.

You guys are so hell bent on the fawning that it's clouding your vision of accomplishing jack squat.
    aorn, maybe a slow golf clap.
    #accountability

BacktoQueens likes this.
  17. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I agree....but why oh why did they not consider Sam Danrold + Ja'Marr Chase ???

Or all the #1 picks that SanFran would have given for the #2 ?

18. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I doubt we are going to the playoffs with a guy who even the writers have never heard of !! :D

19. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

there are plenty whove sung Joe D's praises hearabouts

ukjetsfan likes this.
  20. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

All the evidence we have at this point suggests Zach was a poor (and maybe even about the poorest possible at the time) use of the 2nd pick in that draft.

But when the Jets decision makers have otherwise been more or less nailing the bullseye on pretty much the full spectrum of other moves that last few years I'm at least willing to give them a pass on that one.

I remember you and a few others were attempting to sprinkle some caution on drafting Wilson and the Jets do indeed have themselves a little bit of a pickle now. But unlike in past years where I would have had approximately zero confidence I'm not going to ignore the possibility that this time the Jets might be able to somewhat gracefully dig their way out of it. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the coming year or so.

Ralebird, NYJ1970 and Since1969 like this.