Zach Wilson (MERGED) - New Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't like or agree with the decision to bench Zach, but it is nice to know that the Patriots games were as important to the coaches and the players as they were to me. Very frustrating to lose both and to lose how it happened.

No doubt this will backfire though as Flacco or White are just as bad, if not much worse, options. That coin's streak is looking good.

Zach has played such tough defenses in 2022. I was excited to see him face a weaker one in the Bears. Unreal.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If you haven't already, watch the Kurt Warner review of him after the last game (and actually after the first Pats game). IMO he analyzes Zach objectively, and calls out his mistakes, as well as the mitigating factors without being pro or con.

Beyond that there's simply Zach's athletic ability, his arm, quick release, ability to run (wish he'd do it more), and his commitment to improving. These are all things that are there to be seen by anyone doing an objective analysis rather than an emotional one.

Jets81 and JetsKickAss like this.
  3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

What did Douglas and Saleh see in this guy that made it a no-brainer to keep the #2 pick and trade Darnold ?

Look, I get it.....if we had taken Trevor Lawrence he could be struggling for us like he is for Jacksonville (you can even make the case that he has NEVER approached his Clemson Freshman peak).

But Lawrence was a no-brainer...you HAD to take him #1 overall.....what did Douglas and all of TGG Zach fans see in him that made him a no-brainer at #2 ?

I'm being serious.....if he was THAT GOOD...shouldn't we all have known about him before early-2021 ? Wouldn't he have been a starter his 2 years earlier at BYU ??

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  4. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

OK....but CAN he use all that to be a slightly-better-than-average QB?

What did Kurt think ?

5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I thought he'd get the start this Sunday, so I'm definitely a little surprised there.

Having said that, the staff said they were going to make a decision after looking at the tape. How on earth could you look at the film of that game against NE and continue with Zach. Saleh would have to justify that decision to the rest of the team, and it's pretty obvious some players are not loving him.

I've been off the Zach bandwagon for weeks, so I cant say I'm disappointed. They'll give White a look and if he sucks as well, they go grab a vet in the offseason.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

For being slick New Yorkers we sure get the wool pulled over our eyes enough--Gase and ZW? WTF are we thinking?

7. ColoradoContrails

Fair assessment. As I said myself - after watching Kurt Warner's breakdown - Zach's two biggest problems are his inconsistent footwork, and not starting his progressions looking at the defenders rather than trying to see if his receivers are open.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I’m on record here saying I wanted Fields and no part of Wilson.

If these dimwits took Fields, this team might be 8-2

9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think that's how the rest of this season will go.

Give White a shot this week, if he plays decent, you ride him for as long as possible. If he stinks for a couple of games, you go back to Zach and hope he's improved in his time off.

Either way QB just catapulted to the tippy top of the offseason wish-list for the FO.

SOJAZ, Br4d, IIMeanDeanII and 2 others like this.
  10. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

So Mike White loses this Sunday and Zach comes in and leads us to a 5 game winning streak?

11. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm on record wanting to trade the pick--I don't think Fields will last long given all his running--he needs to learn to be a pocket passer or he'll go the way of RGIII IMO.

12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Saleh's presser has started.

Get your popcorn ready.

IIMeanDeanII and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Mike White is the starter on Sunday.

14. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

It's Mike White.

15. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I also wanted fields over Wilson but we gotta be fair that wasn't looking like a great take until the last month or so

REVISion likes this.
  16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

"Zach's career here is not over."

"The full intent is to make sure that Zach gets back on the football field sometime this year."

"The biggest thing with Zach...is that the young man needs a reset."

"His decision-making has been fine, his practice habits, all that stuff have been fine but there are some basic, fundamental things that have gotten really out of whack for him. And this is just an opportunity for him to sit back, focus on those things, find a way to reconnect to all the different things that we fell in love with during the draft process. And it's something that I feel like he's going to be able to do. I think to ask him to do all of those things while preparing for a game is unfair."

#496 KY Jets Fan, Nov 23, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  17. ColoradoContrails

First, it hasn't been two years, even if you include the time lost to injury.

Second, if Josh Allen was able to remake himself, anyone can.

Third, Zach has good footwork much of the time, but he gets sloppy under pressure. He needs to practice proper footwork until he does it in his sleep.

Fourth, he seems to have the most trouble working out of the shotgun, so MLF ought to cut back on those plays and have him play under center more often.

18. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

I mean I’m not a New Yorker, but I’m pretty sure everyone everywhere knew Gase was a TERRIBLE hire

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

who really wants to see Mike White?

I'd rather see Streveler given a go, if he flops then we will know what he is, we know what all the other QB's are already.

Acad23 likes this.
  20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I agree. He is a pocket passer but on that horrible Bears team, he has no choice but to tuck it and go.

IDFjet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.