Zach Wilson (MERGED) - New Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

the consensus is often an exercise in groupthink

and you have to stop citing that executive poll like it's a real thing. think about, what incentive do those executives have to be truthful? if you were and executive with a lower pick, wouldnt you want lesser prospects to be propped up so you have a better chance at getting who you really want? you cannot trust any info that comes out from "executives" pre-draft. it's often just smoke and mirrors.

on this very board there was no consensus. there was actually a wide variance in those qb rankings

2. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I think that Zach's problems are ALL psychological and the Jets should get him a sports psychologist if they haven't already. That doesn't mean his psychological issues can be overcome any time soon or ever.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  3. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

mistake free? he threw three passes directly into the stone hands of defenders last week. he took at least three sacks due to hesitating and double clutching when a receiver was open.

those are big mistakes

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This to me is exactly the right answer. 1000%. Mike White is not the long term answer, everyone knows that. But it was exactly the right answer for MSundays situation while the game was there for the taking. All we needed was a QB that could move the chains......one fucking time into the red zone. Zach was having a horrific day, and should have been benched in the fourth quarter, and we will be in the top of the division, no doubt. Now its too late and the time to make the change kind of sucks. Now all the pressure is on White and if he sucks we are nowhere. I quite frankly even doubt if Mike will start, they probably give Zach the nod with the understanding that if he falters significantly he gets yanked. Also, I think the issue is compounded by the OC direction to be overly cautious with the turnovers or interceptions because the D can carry the game. Horse shit. This in my opinion is adversely affecting his confidence even more, doubting his own ability and trying too hard to over compensate for that and not making quick reads and trusting his instincts If he starts, he needs to stand there and rip the ball, and take appropriate risks. Otherwise, he sits.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

being benched per Schefter

6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

EDIT: @JohnnyP123456 beat me to it.

Wow. Big message sent by Saleh to Zach and the locker room.

Have to assume Mike White gets the nod on Sunday now, right?

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Well... nevermind my last post then. Good on Saleh for sending the message, good on Douglas for letting him, good on Woody for staying the fuck out.

I'd say our chances of winning go down with White or Flacco out there but the message absolutely had to be sent.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Booger is a pee brain ass hole. If someone would have said so and so has a terrible attitude because he grew up poor in a ghetto he would have freaked out. Where you were born and your financial means has fuck all to do with maturity, talent and values. Spot on my ass. Its about the person character and the family values he grew up with. Not all rich kids are entitled and not all poor kids are grateful and respectful of the game. Utter BS. .

9. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Thank god, Robert Saleh finally shows some balls, I mean he really has no choice but its about time we see if another qb can run this offense competently. Now we see if MLF is the problem or it's Zack. Zack Wilson making that stupid comment at the end did him him, everyone on the team hates him now and knows hes the problem and not a leader, there is no turning back, his career as a Jet is over.

10. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Again, they didn't light the world on fire. I'm not defending Wilson, but they didn't look amazing. Enough to win with a decent QB, but clearly not a dominant showing.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

settle down lol. Hyperbole much?

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If it's Flacco this benching is pointless. He is just as bad as Zach.

JetFanInNE and KY Jets Fan like this.
  13. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

He is scum. He is a self-promoting, arrogant benficiary of nepotism.

14. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

This needed to happen. Mainly because of his post game comments more than his play, which is really saying something

JetFanInNE likes this.
  15. HackettSuxTNG

They HAVE to start Mike White. Who the hell wants to see Joe Flacco this weekend?

16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

This is my amateur opinion. Correct me if this is wrong. Zach is having trouble when the defense is disguised and then changes b/c he's too focused on the plan and has to think about the change. It seems to me that reading defenses should be more instinctive than intellectual. The QB position has similarities to a point guard in basketball. You know the play, but the play often doesn't go as planned. Man plans and God laughs. Focus on your guys (receivers) and who is getting open based on the flow on the field. That's where I think Zach is lacking.

17. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

2 yards in the 2nd half…

you either fire your offensive coordinator or replace your Qb.

Hope we see Mike White vs Flacco.

18. HackettSuxTNG

Let's remember this around next year's draft.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I answered this question before w/ regards to Mahomes & Allen. Draft the talent & deal with scheme fit later.

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Sorry... turnover-free. Regardless of if they should have been.

Bottom line is our QB situation is so bad that Zach almost throwing picks is better than White throwing multiple and Flacco taking 18 sacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.