Zach Wilson (MERGED) - New Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

We will never get Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Burrows, or Herbert in the near future and this team can win the superbowl with a average-above average qb like carr so get him or someone of his caliber this offseason, because we got the poor man's version of Ryan Leaf now and as long as he is starting we won't even smell the playoffs while our defense lights it up and our Wr's are all cursing in disgust.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hey... look at us with three guys on the list....

[​IMG]

JetBlue and Royal Tee like this.
  3. george sakell

Wow even Jamarcus Russell the biggest bust ever was better than him.

Royal Tee likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Speaking of Ryan Leaf…

K'OB, Jets81, JetBlue and 2 others like this.
  5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Been sayin it'
    Smell that? This was a Woody pick.
    BYU, MAGA mom, working for a dick-tater...connect the dots.

Nah, that's too easy...too many so wrapped up in protecting their positions rather than seeing the obvious.
    We had ZERO business picking a QB who NO one absolutely NO one was High on.
    This Wreeeeeks of typical NFL posturing and the money game behind it.
    Sell Selll Selll that's all they care about.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  6. george sakell

Trey Lance looks like a total bust to though, but we coulda had Jamar Chase!!! Imagine Garrett Wilson and Jamar Chase together? Funny thing is Eli Manning was picked 1st that year and went onto have a solid career and so Will Trevor Lawrence, while Leaf and Wilson are 2 major busts, but as far as I know Wilson is not a drug addict like Leaf was so he is a bigger bust. Leaf atleast had addiction to deter him from being a good quarterback whats Wilson's excuse?

#386 george sakell, Nov 22, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  7. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

If Tua throws 25 straight INTs He would still have a higher passing rating than Zack or if he threw 150 straight incomp. he would still be rated higher than Zack. What is the main pro blem is bigger than Zack . Belli dared us to beat him . He did not go on the offensive .he sat back and watched Saleh and the Jets beat themselves I have never seen a quality coach thumb their nose at another coach like the way Belly did to Saleh. Even with a defense playing good Belly knew Saleh and his staff would fail.

Royal Tee likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree, but I think you've given up too early on Zach being that guy. He's fixable and can fit that role.

9. george sakell

No way is Zack fixable he is mentally weak and not a leader, you can't be a successful Nfl qb when you still can't complete a 2 yard pass after almost 2 seasons.

#389 george sakell, Nov 22, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  10. Royal Tee

Calm down with the facts. Some people have a rough time dealing w/facts during the season
    Too much Facts are too much :confused:

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’m not yet giving up. Crazy thought but sit behind Brady for a year while we stick it to BB.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Not true at all. It was a Joe Douglas pick and a good one. If the Jets passed on Zach, he would have 100% been drafted #3 overall by the 49ers. Many people were high on him and still are.

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the question isn’t whether people were high on him; he was regarded as the number 2 QB in the draft. The question is why was he so highly regarded? I just never saw it in him.

The Dark Knight and Ralebird like this.
  14. george sakell

Because he is super athletic and quick, and had one good year in a soft conference? Gm's need to start talking to Players more often and getting inside their heads before drafting them so high, you can have all the talent in the world but if you are a headcase you will never succeed in the Nfl.

15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Spot on! It pains me to say this, but I have finally seen enough, where I am fairly confident Zach will not figure it out this season and can cause this team play-offs. Right now he is much closer to Josh Rosen than he is to Josh Allen, and I want to make play-offs this year. To me now, this is not unlike Becton situation, in a sense where we will need to have a reliable player at his position next year and can't count on him to be the starter. But there is still a small chance he could beat the odds, which are very much against him. He did this in his 3d year in BYU, so there is still a chance, but we need to give other QBs a chance this year and find a more permanent solution next year. If Zach then somehow figures it out and beats that guy out, it will be a bonus.

KY Jets Fan and Jets79 like this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I see a lot of people coming out of the woodwork on twitter and everywhere else, saying how could we pick him, they knew he would suck, it was so obvious, etc... This is nonsense. He was a consensus #2 guy by a wide margin. It was not obvious at all he would not succeed by this point. A lot of former QBs, who still study film, projected him to be #2, executive poll showed he is #2, and there were many reasons for this selection. Now some dumb fuck comes out and says, told you Zach would suck, he was too small, like he knows better than all these people. But what is their draft record? Easy to dump on someone, since most QBs don't work out anyway. To pick the right one is much harder.

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

How about this preseason? Two shitty games and outplayed all 3 times by Streveler. Mike White is a stop gap, and a poor one at that. I think he should have been the one on the practice squad. Now, he may still be better than Zach at this stage, and people are laughing at the idea of playing Streveler, when he actually played a few games in NFL too and has higher passer rating than White, plus thoroughly outplayed him in preseason. Not saying Streveler is the long term answer, but I would not be surprised that he is the best one of the scrub QBs we have this season.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

And why wasn't he drafted by 49ers and 8 other teams? Now I also though Fields was top 3 guy, and he did slide, but his success was far from guaranteed.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Royal Tee

The Past 2 years in a nutshelll

[​IMG]

The Dark Knight and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  20. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Anyone remember the 2012 game against the Cardinals when Sanchez was benched for Greg McElroy, and the Jets scored and won the game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/321202020

Feel like we were at the same moment last Sunday, and had we benched Wilson, we win that game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.