Zach Wilson (MERGED) - New Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

but there is an 100% chance he is better than Zach right now, he is never going to be elite but still people clammer for Jimmy G and he is most certainly not elite.

A game manager with some running ability what is there not to like, well bar he is white trash and not a milf fucker.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

white had all the same issues but worse. all he can do is a 5 yard dump off. once teams figured that out, he was burnt. the film is out on him already.
    to be fair zach can't complete a 5 yard dump off for whatever reason lately, but white isn't the answer either, nor is flacco. and we passed the trade deadline. sadly the best stop gap we could get is to lure fitzpatrick out of retirement

3. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Last year a lot of people complained, in defense of Zach, that the receivers weren't getting open. Not hearing that complaint much this season. Every receiver gets open at some point along his route. He wouldn't be a receiver, especially at this level, if he didn't. Zach's problem is he is not able to deliver the ball at the right moment of openness. Then the window closes and he's at a loss as to what to do next and holds on to the ball too long looking for the next opportunity. I'm not sure what the answer is except more experience. The problem is that JD is a vistim of his own success. He has built a team (minus the QB) that can win now. If he and Saleh don't get the QB problem fixed, they risk alienating more players than just Mims and Moore.

K'OB likes this.
  4. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Zach can't hit a 2 yard open receiver end of story, no excuses anymore. Mlf can't teach him that nor even Jesus. And it's not because he is innacurate but because he is a headcase and not mentally tough to play in the Nfl. He is playing scared and once you are a headcase and Mentally weak you will never play in the Nfl your talent goes out the window. Now imagine if Saleh keeps trotting him out and the boo birds start which they will? What it will do to a guy who is already mentally weak.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He reminds of Fitz for sure, but he is better at protecting the football. Again, he's probably nothing special (though we can still win with him on this team), but my original post was in response to the argument that we should stick with Zach on the off chance he becomes elite. What I'm saying is if we're looking for a QB with a long shot of being elite, Minshew's likelier to be that guy than Zach is.

6. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Everyone on this board wanted to draft Zack Wilson at #2 and not pay the fifth year salary to the QB. Own it.
    If Wilson can't improve watch an inexpensive Sam Darnold be the Jets starter next year. With the weapons they have now he will be fine. Still only 25.

7. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

For people who keep saying all Mike White does is dink and dunk .... I looked up his highlight reel from last season. I see a LOT of non- dink and dunks darts, scanning the field going from one side to the other and a lot of dimes. He had one bad game vs. BUFFALO. He might be able to sling it put him in and let's ride. ... Wilson is terrible. If White is or Falcco we can always go back to Wilson to see if he learned his lesson.

8. K'OB

Everybody?

That's a big statement full of untruth.

As for Sam returning, jesus christ man, get over it, he has just busted at his second team.

Nyjets4eva and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. K'OB

10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

What's interesting about this is how the CS initially said that he was a film junky with a great understanding of the game.

Wonder what happened.

dmw and IDFjet like this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

MILFs...

The Dark Knight, Mehl-56 and K'OB like this.
  12. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Typical coach propaganda.

13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

So was Sanchez lol. So was Darnold. It’s a canned standard statement. The only film Zach’s a junkie for is probably milfhunter videos.

Jets4eva9011 likes this.
  14. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Anyone can be a film junkie - that doesn't mean they are actually processing what they see or learning anything.

Ralebird, ouchy and Jets81 like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

So because some poster said "his personal feeling" is that Zach doesn't understand football concepts, you take that as fact over the assessment by Douglas & Co who have shown themselves to be pretty good judges of talent? SMH.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I didn't say Zach doesn't understand football concepts but I agree with the posters line of thinking. What I'm saying is they touted him as a film junky with a great understanding of the game. That's great if that's the case but it hasn't translated to the field.

I get that you're as desperate as the next Jets fan to have a franchise QB but you don't have to die on this hill. Zach Wilson sucks. Maybe he'll bet better one day, but right now he's the worst starter in the league and he's absolutely killing this team.

horsehead and All Gas No Shake like this.
  17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

This is what the evidence says regardless if someone posted it--geez man--why attack your bros at this point.

Jets81 likes this.
  18. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I recall Jon Gruden talking about Hackenberg as understanding the game--do you remember that vid--I'm looking at it like Hackenberg is way over his head but Gruden is talking him up contrary to what my eyes are seeing--its all coachspeak BS and Gruden was the worst.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Fields was the better prospect but Zach got drafted here because his uncle is close friends with the Johnsons. End of story

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

How do you know he doesn't understand the game? Where's you evidence for that? Because in the film analysis by Kurt Warner for example, he points out where Zach is going through reads. But he also points out that he (Warner) was taught to key on the defender to decide where he's going to start his progressions, but that different teams/coaches do that differently. Do we know what the Jets have taught Zach to do?

Yes, I AM desperate for them to have a FQB, but IMO Zach Wilson doesn't suck. He's struggling and need to improve, but he still ahs a high ceiling and could reach it. I've supported my belief in many posts to this end, and haven't simply said "Zach is great" which is the equivalent of what so many Zach bashers are doing. And I've freely admitted that Zach needs to get better, especially regarding his footwork, so it's not like I'm just a Zach booster.

Frankly I'm beyond tired trying to have discussions with people who really aren't open minded. Think what you want, in the end the only opinion that matter is Douglas's and Saleh's.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.