Wanna save Zach? Get this man in the bldg. stat!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Jets need to just give this man a blank check and have Zach Wilson work with him as much as possible.

2. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Sorry but you can't teach stupidity and ignorance. No one can save him.

Royal Tee, ouchy, mrmajix and 2 others like this.
  3. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Lets be very clear-the stuff Kurt Warner is going over is basic info for a QB. It may sound genius to you, but it’s basic shit all NFL QB’s should know. What made Kurt Warner different is Kurt came from nothing and had to scratch and claw for his dream. Zach’s hardest life decision literally might be which popped collar shirt he should wear to the yacht club. Zach doesn’t know shit because Zach isn’t hungry to know shit.

SOJAZ, Nyjets4eva, york61 and 7 others like this.
  4. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

It's a great idea. I've read several times what a big believer Warner is of Zach's abilities. Worth a shot to call in a stud QB whisperer and see if he can turn Wilson around.

jackie1013 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Ignorance is lack of knowledge, by teaching you’re providing knowledge so yes you actually can teach ignorance

6. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Maybe Kurt can take away all his credit cards and get him to work in a supermarket stocking shelves for a year or so maybe that will teach him not to be a spoiled privelaged little bitch. Than maybe he will learn to work his butt off and fix his flaws and than he can come back to the Nfl and be a man and a leader but for now kid is hopeless and dellusional.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This made me imagine Kurt Warner as Mr. Miyagi teaching his protege to play QB by stocking shelves.

8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting.

Warner might be the best mainstream media film analyst. He is not as good IMO as Jet film guys like Paiva and Sabo but mainly because Paiva and Sabo have more knowledge about the Jets, watch every play and really understand the offense.

But, this IMO was a really good video by Warner he went through a lot of plays and put a lot more workinto this video than he did his last Zach video. I love his focus on Wilson’s footwork and eyework. The breakdown looked a lot more favorable to Zach than I expected. Maybe Warner is trying to appear more fair by giving good and bad rather than being too critical. Some recurring issues in poor footwork effecting accuracy and timing. I look forward to Pavia's video. I bet he will be more harsh on Zach.

#8 Noam, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    NYJetsO12 and Bellys Lies like this.
  9. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Wilson seemed to be better with Crowder and Berrios

10. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Yesterday during the post game interview, a reporter asked Zack if he left down the defense and he said NO. WTF......

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  11. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I've never seen a QB throw so many short candy ass passes then Zach. Two or three times a game the ball hits the floor a yard in front of the intended receiver/defender. It's unreal if you think about it.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Kurt Warner is likely to be a bad teacher for any young QB. He had an almost unique straight overhand delivery that got the ball out faster than most QB's were capable of at the time. This is what made him the perfect triggerman for Martz's Great Show on Turf.

It's also what led to his early retirement because he jammed his thumb on opposing rushers helmets several times and the damage eventually made him unable to grip the ball hard enough to get away with the straight over the top delivery.

The reason he is going to be an iffy guru is that he doesn't have a lot to impart other than the basics. He can't teach a young QB to completely remake his motion and even if he could the odds on his pupil being able to sustain the physical toll on the arm and throwing hand is probably low. Warner had the "bad habit" probably from Pop Warner. It's one of the reasons nobody took him seriously as a prospect until Martz figured out how to take advantage of the quick release.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great video! Thanks for sharing, @Cman65! Footwork is key for Zach.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I'd focus on two key areas if I were Zach.

1) Why does he struggle to throw over the middle? Is he afraid of sailing the ball, can he not see players over the line, is he worried about being batted down, etc? We complain about the lack of crossing routes here all the time, they are there he just doesn't throw them. The 3rd and 1 where he ignored Moore was a classic example.

2) Why does he struggle so much on shorter touch passes designed for YAC? We've seen him sail them, put them in the dirt, throw them behind receivers, etc. Is it that he struggles to complete his throwing motion when he isn't trying to rocket it there, he's lazy with his footwork because he thinks this is easy, just wants the big splash plays?

I don't know the answers but these are the key things that I would be looking to address with him. Of course he's got to accept that he has a problem and there's a good chance that the two points above are linked.

15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

LoL, Edwin Diaz couldn't even save Jamarcus Wilson

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Watched Colt McCoy last night for a few. Loved his footwork and mechanics. Zach could use a tutor.

The Dark Knight and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I watched It.. Too many excuses. Gotta remember, this guy Is still creating content and Isn't In the building. He can speculate based on his plethora of experience at the position but It's a lot worse than what Kurt Warner made It seem.

It's a bad situation and there Is a lot of unforgivable tape with Zach Wilson.

I'll wait to see It before I believe It at this point.

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Sure seems like you know…shit.

Or maybe these long developing routes ain’t working for this offense. Zach has footwork issues but why is Kurt showing all these 10-15 yard routes and go routes and comebacks. Yes he has the arm talent but why not get some easier and shorter routes. Seems like a lot of big play shots are being called.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

So much for the off-platform throws that people wouldn't shut up about before he was drafted

20. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Like Elijah Moore running across 5 feet in front of Wilson’s tucking face wide open on 3rd down? That kind of easy short route? Or Mims literally just turning around for a screen that sails a mile over his head? That short? There are tons of short routes running open, Zach doesn’t see it. Why do you think the WR’s are so pissed? They’re running around open on short routes, long routes, intermediate routes. Everything on the team right now is functioning extremely well. Plays are working as they’re designed, hard working players are performing at a high level and doing their jobs. Zach is clearly either incapable or he’s not working hard enough.