MLF

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JackBower, Oct 23, 2022.

1. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Would someone, ANYONE, explain to me why its such a terrible awful thing to bench Zach Wilson for a game or two? Its not like he's gonna play his way out of this rut he's in. He's also getting quite arrogant with his attitude towards his poor play as if to say: "FU, I'm not losing my job anyway". Nice to have the HC and OC in your back pocket. If it was Mims or Moore, they're immediately banished to Siberia in January.

fggrimes, cmcm750203 and stinkyB like this.
  3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The Jets havent been able to run all game so passing on 3rd and 1 wasn't asinine. Zach had 2 open receivers on the play and just didnt execute. This isnt on the OC.

SOJAZ, Jets79, Noam and 2 others like this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

WTF :confused:

#324 stinkyB, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    Dierking and MoWilkBeast like this.
  5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Mlf definitely gets some blame too. Didn’t try hard enough to force a run game. Made the same mistake as last game. I don’t care that they were stacking the box… aren’t 2-3 yard runs still better than incompletions

6. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Tua and Mac Jones were benched and both returned to their starting roles. How much longer does this naked Emperor routine have to pan out before Saleh makes a change?

fggrimes likes this.
  7. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

stfu with this already. Receivers are wide open. Wide the fuck open with plenty of time to get the the ball. Airmailing over a wide open Conklin’s head to a Safety so surprised how bad the throw was it actually bounced off his chest. Throwing it 5 feet over Mim’s head on a WR screen. A fucking screen. Staring right at Denzel breaking 4 steps behind the entire defense and pulling it down to run with it anyway. I’m gonna tell you something you might not like-MLF is a fucking genius play designer and a damn good play caller. He’s the best and smartest OC this team has had in decades. Unfortunately he’s been saddled with the worst QB we’ve had in decades. Zach can’t even sniff Mark Sanchez’s jockstrap to this point of his career and that’s a fact. Besides the fact Sanchez was just better, he at least was man enough to shoulder the blame when he wasn’t.

SOJAZ, Jets79, HomeoftheJets and 2 others like this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Way too many opportunities for points that have already been posted... That's not even all of them. Literally, A LOT has been available to Zach Wilson. He just doesn't see It. I hope that more people clip some of these plays where people are open that he simply misses.

He Is very consistent, just In the wrong ways.. It's unfortunate.

Get me someone that can actually mentally handle the workload of this offense. Then we can start talking about MLF and the scheme.

9. typeOnegative13NY

Oh, I definitely agree. I don’t think much of Wilson at all. I guess I was expecting a heavy run game, after what happened last time, and after the success of the Buffalo game. In honestly, I have to listen on the radio and only see nfl redzone, although the radio announcers did comment on missed open receivers a few times.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  10. typeOnegative13NY

Understand, what I said wasn’t a defense of Zach. I think he’s trash. I was just expecting more of a run game , knowing what happens when the ball is put in Zach’s hands.

Mehl-56 likes this.
  11. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

there would have been a very good run game if Zach could just complete SOME basic passes. NE left receivers wide open to stop the run because they gambled that Zach couldn’t hurt them. MLF is calling very good to great games. He’s the best OC we’ve had in decades. Talented playmakers are running around free all over the place. MLF has literally built and gassed up a Ferrari on offense. Problem is he has to hand the keys to a completely incompetent driver.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  12. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Agreed - where were the heavy sets, the 3 TE Sets, pound the rock... never materialized, instead they were throwing on 1st down and putting themselves behind the chains. The Game plan didn't fit the man in charge of running it, no matter how many guys were running open in the NE Secondary...

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  13. typeOnegative13NY

I agree with you, but it’s just my opinion that at half time, throwing on 1st down, when he clearly doesn’t have it…. You have to change the plan. Go heavy with the run, even if it’s getting 1-3 yards a pop. It’s still more than we were getting. I still can’t believe there weren’t 2-3 ints later in the game , when they were still letting him throw

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

They were losing yards trying to run. You can’t run in the NFL when a good defense has committed to stop the run the way NE did. There are maybe 1 or 2 RB’s that can overcome that. BB served it up to Zach. He literally handed Zach a gift and begged him to take it. Just make basic QB 101 decisions. Take the simple basic concept play and we would absolutely destroy them. Belicheck is humiliating Zach not with complex smoke and mirrors and Belicheck genius, he’s embarrassing him by showing the world he can’t make basic QB 101 decisions. Zach has zero business starting as an NFL QB. He didn’t last year and he still doesn’t. The correct move right now is to bench him, doesn’t matter who the replacement is. You bench Zach until whoever replaces him plays worse (damn near impossible), or injuries give Zach another opportunity of which maybe then Zach will have realized he’s not working nearly hard enough

SOJAZ and HomeoftheJets like this.
  16. typeOnegative13NY

I’m all for benching Zach. But I’m gonna disagree on mlf being a “genius “ at this point, and that they tried hard enough to establish a run game. A genius oc doesn’t take a brutal first half, and come out of the locker room with the same plan, to have an even worse 2nd half. Like I said, even a shitty run game would have given us more yards and top in the 2nd half. Even if it didn’t work, at least the genius would have attempted an adjustment

Jojo likes this.
  17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

He sees it. Time and time again he sees the right read,stares at the WR but hesitates and doesn't throw it. The problem is not that he cannot read defenses or anticipate but that when things go bad for him he lacks confidence, hesitates and locks up. It's all mental. Playing QB at a high level is about doing it consistently play after play game after game not just when things are going well. Which is why I don't see how he can be consistent in the long run as there will always be adversity. Being strong mentally is what separates good QBs from bad QBs. Losing confidence so much that a QB becomes incapable of functioning is how a QB regresses into becoming Sam Darnold or whatever Zach became against NE. We might see a resilient Buffalo type Zach next week but this is year 2 and really who cares.

18. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

MLF can't make Zach see wide open wide receivers on the plays he is calling.

SOJAZ, Brook!, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

See, I'm not convinced he does. I feel like he Is more-so going through the motions, pretending to be an actual QB, going through his progressions... He knows where to turn but he doesn't trust what he sees. Which to me, Is even worse. Either way. It's mental. 100% We agree there without question.

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, we'll see what game plan MLF comes up with for MW. I can only imagine there will be different personnel packages, different sequences with far more downfield passing to open up the ground game. This might be the reboot MLF uses to rev up this offense. I've seen too many vids of open Jet WR's not being seen by Zach to blame MLF for all of the woes on offense. Lets see if MLF can turn MW into a serviceable backup.