Looks like folks are getting pissed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Jets79, Jets69 and Noam like this.
  2. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

When your D plays lights out and the O stinks I get it that the D is pissed and they should be making comments to hold the O accountable. When nearly your entire WR room calls out your candy ass QB there is more going on than heat of the moment comments. It's clear from the comments there are issues with Zach in practice and even more clear that the coaching staff either doesn't see it or doesn't care because they haven't fixed it yet.

I can only go on what I've seen but imho the QB order should be as follows:

1 Streveler
    2 White
    3 Zach
    4 Flacco

I'm not saying Streveler or White are the answer in the future but they damn sure are better than Zach. You play your best players not a coddled bust of a draft pick. That the coaches can't see this is as alarming as is Zach's playing. Why aren't they doing more to address and correct the problem. Losing the locker room is a sure way to get fired. They need to fix this now or out the door they go !

3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Mentally Zach appears to be losing it. We have seen it the last few weeks in Zach's attacks on the media. Saying no one outside of this building knows what it is going on, taking unnecessary shots at the media and after the game refusing to take responsibility. It is not unfair to question where is head is. It appears he is refusing to take responsibility and blame everyone but himself which is a stark contrast to how he took responsibility last year in front of the media. The team had his back after the first NE game and supported him. It does not sound like that is the case now. The wheels are really coming off and this could spiral out of control fast. Someone needs to sit him down. He needs to do some soul searching, a lot of apologizing and learn to be humble.

The bad play was concerning. Very concerning. But his reaction, his comments and his seeming refusal to take responsibility is a 100 times more concerning. There needs to be a lot of talking going on this week. It appears Wilson has a whole lot of trust he needs to build back up. If I am JD, RS, MLF my outlook on Zach is completely flipped. You cannot have this kind of immaturity in your QB. Bad play is one thing but acting like you are Aaron Rodgers without playing like Aaron Rodgers is another thing. I am much less a fan of sitting one for bad play than I am for sitting one for having a bad attitude. He needs to get his head together and or maybe he should get some extra time to spend in Utah.

HomeoftheJets, azhar80, Borat and 3 others like this.
  4. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

In so many words.... YES

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Zach Wilson has shown us two modes at this point. Semi-efficient game manager and totally inept clown. He's had 20 starts and this is what we've seen out of him to date.

The Jets current position in the standings demands more of the QB than either of those two modes.

I just don't understand what the professionals evaluating him are doing at this point.

Is it Santa Claus/Easter Bunny syndrome where they just see something that doesn't exist and are going to wait until it manifests even if all they wind up with is their mom and dad shagging on the sofa at 3am?

HomeoftheJets, Centiment and Jets79 like this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Just wanted to add: it's easy to dismiss Denzel Mim's trade request and not wonder too hard about why he is not getting snaps. It's harder to dismiss Elijah Moore's trade request given what we've seen out of the QB at this point. But Garrett Wilson? When he starts talking people better listen to him. If he gets to the point of a trade request it will be clear beyond all doubt that this regime has failed.

7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It will be a damn shame when a lot of the talent we have on offense is wasted, and doesn’t want to be here anymore

8. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

That would be a huge problem, and an indictment on the entire staff and into the front office...

Cman68 and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  9. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Imagine you’re Garett Wilson, posed to be a superstar and earn a boatload of money. Imagine all the work he puts in daily to be a master at his craft. Imagine you’re Denzel Mims and you lost out on a year and a half of your career because you were told you have to learn a playbook end to end at every position. Imagine you’re Elijah Moore on a trajectory to becoming a playmaker making millions to suddenly the talk is whether you’re even a worthy starter and now a disruptive locker room presence. Imagine all the work they put in, and the QB can’t even bother to set his feet and put any kind of respect into a basic throw to you. Yeah I’d be furious too. It’s not so much that Zach is slow to catch up to the mental aspect of the game, it’s that he’s not even putting in the basic fundamental work. Zach’s career highlight will never be greater than being the guy that banged his mom’s friend.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I say bench him and let white start Sunday. At the very least to hold him accountable for what he said

Cman68, LAJet, SOJAZ and 1 other person like this.
  11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

If they do not bench him and play him and he is terrible again and do not sit him...then it is the CS that is the problem.... period.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I kinda want him to hear the boos. Sometimes people find motivation in humiliation.

13. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

He will be benched. No way around it

14. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

IMO, ZW doesn't get this season to show what he has - he gets what he's earned up to this point in the season. He splits first-team reps with White this week in practice. If he raises his game and earns the start, fine. But if at the half he is incapable of moving the offense and looking like a competent NFL QB, White gets the ball for the second half. Cutesy time is over...

Acad23 and MoWilkBeast like this.
  15. typeOnegative13NY

I still say he will get the start, with a short leash. If he sucks and isn’t pulled, then saleh isn’t showing much respect for everyone else’s effort.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  16. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

What i mean is, he will eventually be benched. If not Sunday, then the next week

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  17. typeOnegative13NY

My fear is , that he has a decent showing against a weaker defense and all is ok again… until it isn’t. Delaying the inevitable

Cman68 likes this.
  18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I love that take….at his best we’ve seen the game manger type…keep the ball safe, don’t make mistakes, make a few key throws to keep a drive going, and don’t fuck it up. At his worst we’ve seen the NE games.

I’m ok with the game mgr role as a young QB grows and develops…they did the same with Brady that first year.

the problem is we are seeing the same piss poor shit with missed passes on shit accuracy and failing to see open receivers time and time again. I’m all for progress…but it’s hard to see when he keeps doing the same shit

Br4d and MoWilkBeast like this.
  19. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

HA! Perfect.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and Cman68 like this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Now THAT'S FUNNY!!

rockyusmc2003 likes this.