Zach Wilson (MERGED) - New Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya Member

The worst thing they could do for the franchise is to bench Zach now --- unless --- they have already decided to move on from him at the end of the season. They can't go into the off-season with a shred of doubt about his status. He is either getting better and worth investing another year in, or he clearly can't cut it and they need to go back to the QB well. If they aren't 100% certain right now that he is a lost cause he needs to be playing so they can figure that out.

The Jets don't have a championship roster now with the QBs they have. Mike White and Flacco are not winning a Super Bowl this year despite the considerable talent around them. They might win a game or two more this season if they play White or Flacco, but to what end? All that will do is kick them even farther back in the draft next year.

They need to decide if Zack is worth another year to develop or not. Everything else should be a moot point for Joe Douglas and Saleh.

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I have no idea how you can be so off-base on this. Everything you just wrote describes the people who have been defending Zach, not the ones criticizing him.

The defenders cited us winning games as evidence that Zach was playing well (only recognizing outcome). We were winning despite Zach, not because of him. Many of us said this weeks ago, when the defenders were blinded by those wins. The defenders cherry picked stats (Zach played well in ______ single game! He played well in _____ single quarter!). The not watching film thing is a total bullshit line that people who don't know how to watch film have flung at people who do. The film shows Zach overthrowing receivers consistently and not seeing wide open receivers. The film showed Zach fleeing clean pockets and making the early-fleeing even worse by running straight backwards.

The defenders have tried to illogically manipulate the poor stats to fit their argument (Zach would be accurate if we discount all of his throwaways! As if other QBs never throw the ball away...).

One has to look at data over time? How about we look at his entire career? Is that enough of a sample size for you? What do those numbers show? I have some bad news for you - stats over that big a sample size are absolutely meaningful. Stats are only misleading when taken from tiny sample sizes (like a single quarter vs. the Steelers).

I'm honestly flabbergasted at how your assessment of this could be so wrong. It's the literal polar opposite of reality.

3. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I was at that game (really, not really). It was very windy (not really)

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i really wonder if the coaches have been telling him to take the 1st read then dump off lately. because thats what it looks like. 1st read was covered so he took the dump off, but moore was clearly open for a 1st and he never looked that way. pocket was clean too.

5. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

So let's say he has 2 decent games out of the remainder, does that make him next years QB? What about 3 games? Whats a decent game for Zach look like? After 20 games what makes you think he will change?

All Gas No Shake and REVISion like this.
  6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm in the minority--I don't like him starting against the Bears. I like the back-ups starting against a weaker opponent and if they can't handle the Bears, then we know we have to stick with the bitch or get someone else.

7. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

We know that right now Zach cannot play. The other options may not be great, but any option is better than repeatedly trotting a guy out there who has demonstrated week in/week out, possession after possession, that right now he has no business being on the field. Try something different. The opportunity to do so was sometime in the third quarter. It didn't have to mean Zach couldn't start against Chicago next week. It just would have meant he was not getting the job done vs. NE.

Pepsiguy5, Jets79 and fggrimes like this.
  8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I think it's hilarious that people have just now realized, Zach Wilson sucks!

SOJAZ likes this.
  9. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Is IK still a free agent, maybe he could get our QB right

10. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

He missed Mims on the post play when the jets were moving and he ran for 7 yds. It wasn't picked up on TV but the safety bit on the TE and Mims could have walked in for a TD. That was a fucking huge mistake and Zach was looking right at him. I'm like, wtf? throw the ball to him? Another play was 3rd and 1 and Moore was wide open in middle 2 yds passed the sticks and he passed on him. I think we should all apologize to Moore because he was clearly open many times and ZW didn't get him the ball. ZW brain is fried and has a major case of the yips. Reminds me of Knoblauch throwing to first base.

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson can be as talented as any QB drafted ever, it doesn't matter when he CANT PROCESS THE INFORMATION HE'S SEEING PRE AND POST SNAP!!!! Arm Talent and a head for the game are 2 very different things. He's more concerned with the rush than the coverage. His mechanics in game are horrible, and he's NEVER in the right spot. To say the lack of discipline in ALARMING is an understatement. You can see open receivers running routes all over and he cant hit them. How do you bounce a screen pass and then over throw the next? Now, I'm not naïve enough to think its just on him, but most of it is.

As for the play calling - if he's struggling that much then where were 2 and 3 TE Sets, Sets with a 6th lineman, running the ball on FIRST down, not 2nd and 10, 11, 12. The play calling did nothing to help him yesterday. All that being said, he should be progressing and he is not. He should be being held accountable and he's not. More alarming - its starting to fracture a locker room. If the Defense is that far ahead of the young QB, changes need to be made to give yourself a better chance to win games.

This team is good enough to make it into the post season. Yesterday is a missed opportunity for the FRANCHISE to take a step forward because they put one players development in front of the teams - that is squarely on the HC, his OC and the offensive staff. To hear him say when asked if he considered pulling ZW that it "never entered his mind" is infuriating and almost as alarming as the QB Play. Its not like your pulling Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett Farve, Aaron Rogers - your pulling an ineffective, in over his head 2nd year QB from his what, 16th start? He should have been pulled in the 3rd quarter yesterday after the 4th consecutive 3 and out. Coach needs to Humble his QB by pulling him there and check his own ego...

This team just cant hit on drafting a QB.

#151 Mehl-56, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    SOJAZ, Jets79 and typeOnegative13NY like this.
  12. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't think he does.

I'm saying.

If he doesn't definitively show that he is the guy, you move on.

How that Is defined, that's not up to me, It just needs to be obvious to everyone I think. I don't care how he achieves It, as long as he does. If not, time to move on.

...but leave no doubt. One way or another.

Inigo Montoya likes this.
  13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Saleh will be in Michael K show today. Not sure what time. If you plan on listening to radio can you let us know what Saleh says about Zach’s comment?

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Think he’s normally on around 3:30. I’ll try and get clips on twitter since I’m watching USA wales right now

Brook! and IDFjet like this.
  15. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

I too was bewildered by @Noam post

16. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Saleh's not gonna give a straight answer about any ZW questions or QB questions - he will toe the line rather than hold his QB's accountable, especially ZW. The rest of the team, open season...

Brook! likes this.
  17. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Saleh's Monday press conference starting any minute on Youtube.

18. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I wish you had zero likes so I could give you your first lol

19. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

20. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

zw didn't beat the bills - the def and the run game did. he had 154 yds passing which is almost laughable in this day and age. the td he "threw" was a screen to robinson. could've had the same result if he handed it off.

we keep moving the bar lower and lower for this punk

SOJAZ, Cman68 and IDFjet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.