Zach Wilson (MERGED) - New Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised that Wilson acts so entitled because of his uncle's relationship with the Johnsons. He knows he's protected by Mgmt.

Cman68 likes this.
  2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This was very well thought out. I agree 1000% with you on this and you're right. I think that trauma as a fan over the last 12 years still has some of us (a lot of us) holding on for dear life. If I step back a bit, take In your perspective, you're completely right.

None of us want the QB position to be what It Is... BUT

Our team has ALREADY been built up. We are just a QB away. Damn. That made me smile. Good stuff. Good outlook.

Snatch Catch and Noam like this.
  3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This also explains why White is ahead of Flacco right now...

KY Jets Fan and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks CC for the long write up. Wasn't trying to put you and others who I tagged on the spot at all. My trust to Zach is shaken. I can't decide if we should give him rest of the season to see what he can do or no. One thing is for sure. I don't want to have any question marks about Zach for next year. Let's give him every chance this year so he either shows he belongs or not. But at the same time, Zach's stupid post game comment might cause some friction at the locker room if it isn't addressed properly. Shitty situation really.

5. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Guy has more interceptions than td's isn't that alarming? And probally is the most lucky Qb this year in terms of dropped interceptions. He tried to throw a pick 6 very hard yesterday but New England didn't want it. His completion rate is awful considering most passes is Mlf offense are under 10 yards so its even worse.

6. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Elijah got added back into the group chat lol

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

When people perceive injustice they get demoralized--this is well known. The whole team and fans are subject to this possibility if we perceive irrational favoritism towards ZW at the expense of the entire team.

Saleh has sat guys for their play and given them a chance to get better. WTF is he waiting for?

papapump likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I get that zach was awful yesterday, but I think people forget we don't have a better option right now. I do think we need to bring some real competition in the off season. an actual vet who's not completely washed and a draft pick.
    I wouldn't mind trying to lure fitz out of retirement but outside of him, I don't see a better option right now thats available.

9. george sakell

The Crazy part is Denzel Mims got benched basicly all of last season for apparently "not knowing the playbook". Zach Wilson apparently still "doesn't know the playbook" or for sure as hell not doesn't know how to use it and is still getting trotted out on the field week in week out.

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

At this point Zach might be 4th on our QB depth chart behind Berrios.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

As a longest supporter of Zach on this forum probably I can understand and agree with to some degree what you're saying. But in sports - like in life - there comes a time when you are judged by the results you deliver regardless of any all mitigating factors, or how fair or unfair. That's what being a professional - and an adult - is: accepting those judgments, and working to overcome them if possible. It's time for Zach to grow up and accept reality. He's not playing good enough to be the starter. And there's legitimate questions about whether he can ever be good enough. At this point, I think the answer to that last questions is "Yes", but only if he takes a big step back and resets his own assessment of himself and becomes open to changing what needs to be changed. If that's possible, it likely won't be an overnight fix, but obviously I've been wrong about lots of my opinions so maybe - hopefully - I'm worng about this one.

12. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Glad someone posted this on Reddit. I was SCREAMING this is the exact throw you're looking to make on 3rd and 1! This play led to the punt. You can't excuse this!

HomeoftheJets, Jets79 and IDFjet like this.
  13. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Of course you are half joking at the Berrios thing, but there were indeed a lot of fans speculating coming into the season whether Zach was in fact the worst QB on the roster.

ouchy likes this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

At this point he may not be capable of "proving" that he's the long term answer. His head may already be trashed. If so, then maybe there's the answer, but lots of QBs who went on to successful - if not HOF - careers had rough times and were benched, or traded to another team, for a reset. I wouldn't necessarily trot him out there for the next 7 games no matter what. I'd consider sitting him for a game or two and then seeing what happens. He's proven to be a competitor and there's a good chance that would spark him to step up his game. If not, back to the bench. Looking at next year, as I said in my earlier post, I'd try to get a good vet QB in to play ahead of Zach and let him sit and learn until he does get it, or until they find some young QB who has more potential - keeping in mind that trying to determine that is almost a mystical task performed successfully by only a few, and none of them ever wearing Jets green since Weeb Ewbank.

What is puzzling to me, and which is why I continued (and still continue to some degree) to believe Zach is/was the answer is that Douglas has shown himself to be a good evaluator of talent, and went so far as to not have anyone better than career journeymen as backups to Zach. Sure, maybe he was just wrong about Zach - Occam's Razor is a thing - but I still trust that he knows what he's doing, so until he pulls the plug on Wilson I'm going to have hope that Zach can eventually be the answer. And yes, that's HOPE not supported by any hard numbers or facts because they argue otherwise, but I'm not ashamed to say I hope Zach can be the guy they thought they drafted #2 overall because that would make this team long term contenders.

15. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

White will be starting soon. No choice

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

DAMN YOU MLF! ;)

I was screaming at this one when it happened too

17. george sakell

Lmao literly 2 receivers you can see open imagine the other ones downfield open? Maybe he is blind? And is just to proud and stupid to get glasses?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Think back to how popular Mike White is inside the Jets' locker room - even before he started a game last season.

Given the issues we have seen with Zach - poor on-field performance and especially a lack of accountability - and now hearing from the team in the form of direct statements and various reports the past 24 hours, I now get the feeling that a large part of Mike White's popularity among his Jets teammates was/is because they didn't (and still don't) think too highly of the way Zach has conducted himself - especially when reflected against his level of play. Zach Wilson might be the Golden Boy draft pick in the eyes of the Jets' brain trust, but it would seem that Mike White (and perhaps Streveler, at this point) is more akin to "The Peoples' Champion" among his teammates.

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

flacco was worse in his 3 games and last time white started he threw 4 picks and got owned by the bills D, the same bills D zach just beat while making no mistakes. streveler couldn't even start in the CFL and was a back-up. just because zach was bad doesn't mean we have a better option. it's typical knee jerk fan over-reaction. the same fans who will bitch about why did we bench zach when white throws 4 picks

Mogriffjr likes this.
  20. NYsportsfan1962

Watch this video and it will make you sick. He had Mims wide open for a TD with a clean pocket at the time. Just more proof of how Zach just doesn't see the field and is hesitant to make the correct throws when a receiver momentarily breaks open.

SOJAZ and Jets79 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.