Zach Wilson (MERGED) - New Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

2. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

When contending for a playoff spot with a legitimate stud defense on the other side of the ball, it would be nice if coach put the best players on the field and bench those who are lost in space. It's not like the Jets make the playoffs on a regular basis and can afford to piss away the second half because they do not want to hurt the feelings of a QB, who by all indications (albeit premature), is well on his way to becoming a colossal bust.

One wonders how long the coaching staff will stick with Zach if he continues to look like a little boy in a man's game. If benching Zach is not an option, then we're dealing with a coaching staff which is obviously being disingenuous about all this culture change nonsense. A competent coach leaves all options on the table and does not eliminate the ones which risk job security. Saleh still has time to save face by making a move, but that window is quickly closing.

Acad23, Br4d, SOJAZ and 3 others like this.
  3. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

oh no, mlf is soooooooo bad!!! /s

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I agree he needs to get every opportunity, which is why I think he should start vs the Bears, but what if again he is missing wide open guys, WRs are frustrated and we can't put any points on the board in the 1st half? Tua was benched to sit and learn and that didn't impact him for the following year. The point is that I think we can have both: play-offs, and Zach can still learn by sitting behind players who are better than him right now if he cannot turn this around in Chicago. We can't afford losing locker room either, and key players like GW and others already looked very frustrated.

Also, we fucked ourselves with Sanchez because we thought he could become FQB and paid him too early. JD will not be doing that.

5. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Zach wilson needs to be benched forever the kid simply is really athletic but is literlay the dumbest football Iq Quarterback in the league. He simply can't proccess the defense or the field. I would be ok if sucked but can atleast hit a 2 yard pass, how the hell do you miss a 2 yard pass 3 times every game after your 21st game? A 4th string quarterback can hit this. If he still can't hit a 2 yard pass what makes you think he will ever be any good? So Before the draft someone on Youtube broke down Zach Wilson and he was like a prophet, he said Wilson is always late on throws and proccesses information to slow, and you can get away with that in college but will not in the Nfl and should not be drafted high. So how the hell did the Jets scouts miss this but some amateur on Youtube nail it on the head? Whoever told the Jets to draft this Bum 2nd should be fired immediately! For those saying hey lets give him until the end of the season you are dead wrong!!! We have the best defense in the league and we are wasting it this year!! Unlike the offense the defense has remained healthy all season and that's a rarity for the Jets, who knows what happens next year? IF they are mad at the quarterback half of them may demand trades next year or come out of shape next year. Put the fire out and bench this turd now and if Saleh sticks with him for the rest of the year he better pack his bags to, the kid is single handly holding this team down and they will probally miss the playoffs because of him and any team who actually makes the playoffs and gets hot can win the superbowl. So this kid may cost the Jets the superbowl this year. Bench him today!!! He is not a Nfl Qb. In short Zack Wilson may cost the Jets a superbowl this year!

Here is the Video:

6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Then you bench him. If White does better he starts and Wilson rides the pine. Wilson has used up his mulligans.

7. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

When even mild-mannered Garret Wilson explodes, that makes an impact on me. You can call Mims and even Moore selfish or malcontents, but EVERY WR on the team ?

Something is rotten in Denmark.

SOJAZ, Freddy Mondo, papapump and 4 others like this.
  8. Jetsin2029

Jetsin2029 Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r-zach-wilson-knows-jets-playbook/ar-AA14mVDM

“Garrett Wilson also suggested that accountability has been an issue for the team as they prepare for games, saying the team has to be “more detailed … all of us” and they’ve got to have a “better plan.”

Sounds like Zach Wilson either is not working hard enough or he has a major problem understanding the office. FreeMikeWhite

9. george sakell

Zach wilson needs to be benched forever the kid simply is really athletic but is literlay the dumbest football Iq Quarterback in the league. He simply can't proccess the defense or the field. I would be ok if sucked but can atleast hit a 2 yard pass, how the hell do you miss a 2 yard pass 3 times every game after your 21st game? A 4th string quarterback can hit this. If he still can't hit a 2 yard pass what makes you think he will ever be any good? So Before the draft someone on Youtube broke down Zach Wilson and he was like a prophet, he said Wilson is always late on throws and proccesses information to slow, and you can get away with that in college but will not in the Nfl and should not be drafted high. So how the hell did the Jets scouts miss this but some amateur on Youtube nail it on the head? Whoever told the Jets to draft this Bum 2nd should be fired immediately! For those saying hey lets give him until the end of the season you are dead wrong!!! We have the best defense in the league and we are wasting it this year!! Unlike the offense the defense has remained healthy all season and that's a rarity for the Jets, who knows what happens next year? IF they are mad at the quarterback half of them may demand trades next year or come out of shape next year. Put the fire out and bench this turd now and if Saleh sticks with him for the rest of the year he better pack his bags to, the kid is single handly holding this team down and they will probally miss the playoffs because of him and any team who actually makes the playoffs and gets hot can win the superbowl. So this kid may cost the Jets the superbowl this year. Bench him today!!! He is not a Nfl Qb. In short Zack Wilson may cost the Jets a superbowl this year!

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eh I can’t believe that Saleh doesn’t want to put him on the bench. I’d imagine he’s being told he has to play.

Since we can likely draw that conclusion though, I’ll be absolutely shocked if he makes it through halftime of the Bears game. The Bears defense is really bad too so if he can’t make it through that game, he’s in a world of trouble.

11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Outside of the 4th quarter against the Steelers, ZW has not been the reason this team was 6-3 before yesterday. He made a very good pass against the Bills on the final drive, but that's a throw you see being made regularly when watching almost any other NFL game. ZW is not throwing to scrubs, he has good weapons at every level, yet can't seem to make even basic NFL caliber throws on a consistant basis. His mechanics are atrocious, constantly sailing throws high because he won't step into throws. It's a fallacy that if ZW gets pulled mid-game that he never starts again. This is a bottomline business, nobody's feelings take precedent over winning games. The other players are laying it on the line every play, they couldn't give a rats ass about ZW ego or feelings...

Freddy Mondo, SOJAZ, Cman68 and 4 others like this.
  12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I put myself in the same category as well - I've been a big supporter of Zach. I want to watch areal view of this one, but I have seen enough to say that this was one of the worst QB performances I can remember, like the Ghost game for Sam. @Noam was right: Zach has regressed from last year, and it just feels like he needs to sit and learn. I am willing to give one last chance against the Bears on a very short leash with White (I wish Streveler, but not realistic) coming in if it looks like Zach is about to lose us a game again.

13. george sakell

Yes 2 seasons and he hasn't put together 1 complete good game? Even against the Titans he only had 2 good quarters, this is ridiculous. there is not 1 game Zack Wilson has played that you can say he played good all 4 quarters. That is not a Nfl Qb.

SOJAZ and Jets79 like this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

First off, please try not to give orders to moderators. :) Every Zach thread will stay open for a few days and will eventually merged with the main thread.

Second, I am torn about this. On one side I want to give him rest of this season to see how he overcomes adversity and see if he improves his play, on the other hand this team is loaded with talent and Zach seems over his head and not benching him might send the wrong signal to the locker room. Tough choice for Saleh.

15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This Is EXACTLY why I know It's not a scheme/play calling problem. It's not an MLF problem.

We have a serious QB problem. There Is no excuse at this point.

Zach Wilson, after the game, was even worse some how than his performance on the field. Which, Is almost impossible.

Unacceptable.

#55 IIMeanDeanII, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  16. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Time for Zach to be benched

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I think he should’ve been benched for the 4th Qtr but he wasn’t and now should start vs Bears with a short leash.

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I agree with your points and I would be okay either way, If I'm honest.

However. I guess I'm of the camp of, leave no room for excuses. I don't want to go Into next year with any doubt, one way or another, on this kid. He's either the guy after this season or we are all In on our next QB next off-season.

I don't want to go Into the off-season with any excuses flying around like... "He sat, learned, did he develop?? Can he still be the guy?.." Etc...

I want to know now. I'm tired of us waiting around on this endless rebuild, spinning our wheels on guys that shouldn't be starting In this league. Time to figure It out. That's my stance.

Inigo Montoya likes this.
  19. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

A good sign is Coach Saleh did call the offense sh-t. Also by having White as a backup it shows the Jets are willing to make a change at QB.

I think if we see this type of play next week, we will see White in the game. They will give Wilson a chance to redeem himself but the leash is short.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and dmw like this.
  20. george sakell

He should be atleast benched for the comment to show the team there is accountability on the team, they don't have to bench him forever just to show him he is not a self entitled prima dona and there are consequences for his actions. They can always start him the following week. If that makes him butthurt than release him after the game because he is not tough enough to play in the Nfl.

Since1969, Jets79, fggrimes and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.