Zach Wilson (MERGED) - New Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@cval @ColoradoContrails @bicketybam @Noam

I am not calling you out or anything. To me, you are probably better Jets fan than I am at this point.

But you have gone to long arguments with every Zach doubter. Yesterday we lost a game that fell squarely on Zach.

It is the day after and not a single post from you guys since.

I don't expect you to defend yourself or anything as your beliefs and views are as legit as anyone's views. Just wondering if you still have the same trust in Zach or are you also starting to lose hope?

SOJAZ, Jojo and Ralebird like this.
  2. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

It is time to shut the zw experiment and put in someone who's a bit more capable. white or streveler can't do any worse, i mean come on they can play forward on each play and gain more yards in one play than zw in 2 quarters. i dont want to see zw under the center anymore

Jojo and tomdeb like this.
  3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

How is throwing away a sure fire playoff bound season with keeping the worst QB in football at starter the right move? The right move is play your best players and take opportunity to make the playoffs when its there. The Jets havent even had a chance to sniff the playoffs since Fitzpatrick. If it hurts the QBs feelings, so be it. He has shown very little to lead anyone to believe he is the future anyway. He is owed NOTHING. Zach needs to come out on fire next week. If he lays another dud, Mike White needs to be in at halftime or else Saleh will lose the locker room completely along with most fans already.

Jojo, Cidusii, REVISion and 5 others like this.
  4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I've been screaming It all year... This offense Is legit. Guys are CONSTANTLY open. I'm telling yah, the more people break down these plays, the more they are going to see just how many opportunities have been missed by our QB. It's an insane amount of shit that's being missed by Zach Wilson.. He literally can't see the field. It's beyond awful.

When you have Joe Flacco and Mike White showing what kind of success you can have In this system and then get complete dog shit from Zach Wilson In the same scheme.

That's a major red flag.

Zach Wilson Is not the answer and I don't know how he can possibly recover from this at this point.

#24 IIMeanDeanII, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  5. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

just WOW - this guy's supposed to be a fqb?

Jets79, dawinner127 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Do not merge this thread.
    '
    Zach Wilson has shown zero progress since day 1.
    He misses wide open receivers on a weekly basis. He has no vision what so ever.

This team would be 8 - 2 with anyone but Zach Wilson at QB.

The locker room is starting to show strain.

This is a good football team being held back by a QB who makes no change weekly.

This is not on MLF.
    This is not the OLine.
    This is not the WRs.

This is Zach Wilson. Period end of story.

Watch the film. It's the same story of Zach missing wide open receivers. Every. Single. Week.

He was a mistake.

It's time we admit it and move on and go win some games.

Jojo, Ray Lucas, Br4d and 9 others like this.
  7. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

The next few days will be telling:

1. If I'm Joe Douglas, I would pressure Wilson to go before the media today or tomorrow, eat crow. and take full responsibility for Sunday. Tell him to act humble.

2. If I'm Saleh, I'd start backing off the undying-love-for-Zach routine.

3. This hurt-feeling stuff is nonsense. If Wilson's psyche is too fragile to take a benching after he plays like dog shit, he's not mentally tough enough to ever become a FQB.

Jojo, papapump, Snatch Catch and 4 others like this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It's not just about this season. This Is also about the future of this franchise.

This was never the expectation, the true expectation Is to have a winning team year In, year out.

You can't do that without knowing exactly what you have. Right now, that picture Is becoming very clear, but, you still got to know for sure.

He should be given every chance to redeem himself this year, to see If he can turn that corner. If not, well, we know.... Then It's on to figuring out who Is our guy at the most important position In football.

These playoff hopes are all just a bonus for us right now. We as fans have to try to keep things In perspective.

I get, that's a hard task, considering how long It's been since we've made the playoffs. However...

I almost feel that If we made the playoffs because our team Is good everywhere, except at the QB position, that It may actually hurt us long term. Similarly to the Sanchez situation. He wasn't very good, he did get us to two playoffs though, In spite of him. However, by doing so, we fucked our future In the process. I don't want that to happen again. They need to get this right. Period.

SOJAZ, Jojo, apjbfc and 3 others like this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Brutal. As bad as I thought he played real time, and I thought this was his worst performance ever, after seeing some opportunities posted, it's probably on the same level as Ghosts game for Sam. It appears MILF dumb down the play book for a basic game manager, and in fact still there were numerous opportunities to wipe out the Patriots in a blow out, and Zach either didn't see wide open guys, missed wide open guys or didn't even know where to throw the ball. On top of it no accountability. I remember Josh Allen interview when they lost to us, where Josh played bad, but still 10 times better than Zach, he took full responsibility, saying something like it's hard for the team to win when QB is playing like shit.

We know Mike White sucks and is not the future, but he is probably better than Zach right now. And we need to win games now. Each give away loss drastically hurts play-off chances. I personally would make Streveler as #2 for Chicago, and give Zach one last chance. If he still sucks, Streveler would come in 3d Quarter or earlier. But I know Saleh thinks White is next in line, so same thinking should be applied for him. We cannot afford to get far and away the worst QB play in the League in multiple games when we are in the play-off hunt. Zach can benefit sitting and watching others, and then complete for starting job in year 3 like he did in BYU.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Saleh simply will not sit him no matter what. Any other HC would have benched Zach yesterday given the gravity of the game and what it meant to the season. Saleh is content evidently to throw another season away praying Zach Wilson's light finally comes on. Twenty games in and no such indication so far but hey, the team wasn't expected to do anything this year anyway. This might be a function of Saleh being a new HC and not having to deal with this kind of strain. Bench the high DP FQB, or... Keep playing him and hope you don't lose the lockerroom.

Seems Zach isn't the only one that needs to learn how to do their job better..

11. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

In every other job on the planet a guy would be fired for sucking so bad at his job.

SOJAZ, Jojo, tomdeb and 1 other person like this.
  12. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Cecil Lammey a broncos beat reporter shared some info over the summer that the jets were trying hard to get russel wilson...throwing picks and ZW at them to try to get him. The word was that the coaching staff knew what they had with him and wanted nothing to do with him but that management wasn't ready to go all in on replacing him.

SOJAZ likes this.
  13. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

14. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Honestly, Zach sitting might be better for him too. If you're playing that bad, having some space to reset and work things out is best. It's probably doing Zach a disservice to keep trotting him out there when he clearly can't do his job. And it's a bad lesson for Zach that no matter how bad he plays, he'll still get to keep starting. That's not how professional football, nor life, works. This is my biggest critique of Saleh. I'd play the best of Flacco, White or even Streveler next week.

It's time for Zach to earn it. And if he can't earn it over the likes of any of those guys 1.5 years into his career... THEN HE'S NOT YOUR FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK.

Right now, he is by far the worst starting QB in the NFL. With literally any of the other starting 31 QBs, this team is probably 8-2 and a legitimate contender.

15. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

The Kumbaya summer camp feel is going to implode when they watch the tape as a team today. Hopefully, he has no choice but to sit the kid and let him watch.

Br4d, SOJAZ, Cman68 and 1 other person like this.
  16. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Because, and this is just my personal belief, this is NOT a "sure fire playoff bound season". Sure, the Jets could make the playoffs, but how can you say they are guaranteed a playoff spot when they are in a division where one game separates last place from first place?

If they had a substantial lead in the standings for a playoff spot? Different story.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Utah has no wind.

Who knew?

18. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I think the issue is that our defense has been much better than was expected. I am under the assumption that they were going to expect to be competitive for a WC spot, with an average to above average defense, and giving Zach the year to develop. Now, our defense is one of the best in the league, if not the best.

If we are playing Mike White, I think we win both of those NE games.

Freddy Mondo, Br4d and SOJAZ like this.
  19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

If saleh doesn’t bench Zach everything he’s preached to the team goes completely out the window.

it’s time for him to match his actions to his words.

Br4d, REVISion, IDFjet and 4 others like this.
  20. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I'd like to see some evidence for this. I'm not saying its not true but I'd like some corroboration.

SOJAZ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.