Looks like folks are getting pissed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Taken from ESPN.com/New York:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35070280/wr-garrett-wilson-calls-jets-sorry-offensive-effort

Now I dare MLF to ice GW because he had a truth attack. Funny, but we haven't heard shit from the Boy Wonder about the performance yesterday. Normally he's throwing flowers at his guys ZW and GW but suddenly we get crickets.

Moore and Mims both have legitimate complaints and paid the price for voicing them. ZW screws up and he gets a pat on the head and a guarantee he will not lose his starting job no matter what. We all know the deal with the OC..

So much for accountability in Jetland. If you got the time, click on the article.

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Zach is in for a tough day at home next Sunday if he is flat again.

rockyusmc2003 and Cman68 like this.
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

GW basically said Mims and Moore were right in so many words. “Trust the receiver room.” Pretty much says the problem is elsewhere.

cmcm750203, Cman68 and papapump like this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

We are loaded with talent and these guys want to win. Sad thing for Zach is not to take responsibility for yesterday's shit show.

Jojo, Hemi, All Gas No Shake and 6 others like this.
  5. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

After reading the article it sounds like Saleh & the CS have some major issues to address. If the receiver’s see the issue in practice and it gets totally ignored, the shit will hit the fan very soon.

Hey Saleh, we all make mistakes man up dude.

Snatch Catch, Jets79 and Cman68 like this.
  6. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

I felt that was as much geared toward MLF as it was Zach. I think they want it opened up. Might be a disaster with Zach, but reminds me of Sanchez’s rookie year. Red, yellow, green. We have to stop running long routes on 3rd down. Quick passing game was there last week with screens, gone this week. Totally different offense. OL was brutal.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Is it worth alienating the entire locker room, just to see "what Zach is?" I certainly don't think so. The Jets still have a legitimate shot at the playoffs. If you stick with Zach after this game, you're telling the team that winning and the playoffs are not your main priority.

The Zach Wilson experiment is clearly over. He is not an NFL QB. The Jets gave him a talented team, and he looks like the worst QB in football bar none.

Make the switch to White, back to Flacco or Shrevler. I don't care who.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

not if, when.

He is always flat. He always misses wide open plays.

The Jets would be 8 - 2 if Zach Wilson was not the QB of this team.

The Jets need to bench Zach to save the locker room and the season. This is not an overreaction. I'd gladly accept Mike White hitting a few of those throws and us winning games as opposed to have a choice between Zach tossing up random INTs or NOT making the plays.

papapump and Cman68 like this.
  9. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Let me guess how this plays out: the Jet offense gains 103 yards (2 yards in the 2nd half) and then gets all defensive when criticized for being ass. When your worst starter is allowed to continue shitting the bed with impunity, you have a recipe for disaster. If it keeps up, Saleh will have to solicit the services of Fireman Ed to extinguish all the brush fires which are bound to keep flaring up.

Jojo likes this.
  10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Take Sanchez out of the booth.

11. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

It's not that I'm disagreeing with anything you said, but it's silly to think anything drastic is going to happen with Zach right now. I'm officially done with Zach just ftr but Zach gets the rest of the season to audition and see if the Jets want anything to do with him after this season. It may not be fair from others perspective, and it probably isn't, but you have to give Zach that time. I feel as bad as anyone about perceived mistreatment of Denzel and Elijah. It's obvious they're not producing because of the QB. NO ONE else but the QB. This is just going to have to play out....

Jojo and Mogriffjr like this.
  12. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

So just f*** everyone else on the team, right? Lose a chance at the playoffs to see what Zach has?

At this point, it's obvious what he has...

Jojo, Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Been saying for a while that as soon as we start winning Zach's window to perform starts to shut. I figured he would at least make it until the end of the year, but that performance to go with his post game comments may close it even faster.

Mogriffjr, papapump and Jets79 like this.
  14. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Good article thanks for posting. Connor Hughes at SNY had an even more scathing version.

https://sny.tv/articles/jets-zach-wilson-lack-of-accountability-should-sound-alarms

Pretty damming account from Garret Wilson. This paragraph sticks out

"It starts in practice," he said. "It's got to be better, the things we see and don't call out. It has to start getting called out. This is unacceptable. No one wants to feel like this, but that's not enough. ... Hopefully, this is a wake-up for some people in the facility, people in the facility to get on their details."

Just trying to read the tea leaves, is Zach as lousy in practice as he is on game day and it's just brushed under the turf?

Does Saleh not have the authority to bench the QB? Is Douglas to stubborn to admit a mistake? I realize Woody is a doofus but, is he forcing the coach's hand?

Hope Zach's leash is short against the Bears if he starts overshooting receivers again.

Jojo, azhar80, Ray Lucas and 2 others like this.
  15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I actually get where ZW's coming from. Cold, windy day. Both defenses easily crushing both offenses. Each offense scoring exactly 3 points thru 59 mins, 55 seconds.

Then our vaunted special teams gives up an 80 yard TD with 5 seconds left in the game.

Zack and LeFleur had an OT-winning drive all set up! ;)

Jojo, azhar80 and Cman68 like this.
  16. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Funny, I just said the same thing on a different board. Mims got buried for not knowing the playbook. Zach clearly doesn’t know it after 2 years and he gets coddled.

Jojo, papapump, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

To me, the problem is more so the lack of progress … we are seeing the SAME SHIT we’ve been seeing for 20 games now.

he STILL misses the easy layups that even second and third string QBs can make on a regular basis

he STILL never sees open receivers WAY too often

he STILL holds the ball too long

these issues have not gone away

he’ll flash like the Buffalo game and it gives you hope that he can develop, but the underlying issues have not really gone away.

that’s troubling.

the lack of self awareness and accountability is just as troubling and reflects a young immature player who is getting called out and can’t take it

I believe he will get the rest of this year, and I don’t necessarily disagree with that, other than we should be ready to bench him if he puts up a performance like yesterday….

but to me, two years is enough to look at and say, ok are we making progress here or not? I don’t need him to be a top ten rated QB in year two, but I DO need him to NOT be the WORST rated QB in year two. That is not too much to ask.

he has a few more games to click and then if he continues as is, we need another option for next year.

the fact that Flacco has more TDs than Zach despite playing in fewer games is a fucking problem.

18. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I'm already doing vocal exercises for my first game of the year, the boo birds will be loud and plentiful if its a shit show!

If/when this happens, I'm really curious how he responds.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It will wind up being the Fans fault for booing..

Lon Chaney, Jets79, papapump and 2 others like this.
  20. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

And the cold.......the wind....the turf....the O-line......We'll probably know more when we watch the tape.

Jets79 and Cman68 like this.