This is Saleh’s fault

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrooklynJetsFan, Nov 20, 2022.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Anyone blaming Saleh for this loss should get their head outta their ass.

2. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

come on dude. We had the last possession and could have moved the ball better if ZW executed. We barely had 100 yards offense.

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

nah, players love playing for him. Yeah the Offense gonna lose faith in ZW soon if he doesn’t hit his passes.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  4. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter, you tell the punter to kick the ball out of bounds. Not expect him to. what kind coaching is that.

ZW wasn't going to move the ball. Defense or kicker had to win the game in OT or tie. BB owned MLF & ZW that game.

All you needed was a defensive stop in OT, good field position, 20yd+ play or so, and the wind on the coin flip. FG kicker wins the game.

mr nyjet likes this.
  5. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

This was not on Saleh. I would put it first on Lafleur for not calling quick Slants and drag routes and instead having Zach drop back and waiting for receivers to get open. Of course you can't leave out Zack for having a terrible day he needed to get the ball out quick like he did against Buffalo but obviously that was not in the play calling. And third of all you can't forget about the offensive line that did not open any holes for the runners I think the best run we had all day was a 5-yard run, that's not good enough, and not to mention the pass protection was terrible. We lost the game because our offense was non existing. Saleh didn't lose the game.

6. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

The Boston media was asking the same question. Marcus Jones has a history in college returning punts for a TD. Thre is no way the Pats with 25 seconds would have done anything. What is even more pathetic is Jones was playing with a bum ankle. The Patriots got away with a block in the back which would have put the ball in the Jets 25-yard line. The FG with today's weather was not a gimme from there. A horrible way to lose a game.

7. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Yes Zack looked lost out there today but was that because of the play calling or the defense he was playing against. He looked pretty good last week and that was against a good defense also so I'm kind of leaning towards the play calling was different. It just seems like those quick passes that he was throwing last week against Buffalo just weren't there today against New England. Actually the whole offense looked lost,

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

100% agreed. furthermore, wilson showed in the 1st quarter that he could not execute even simple , short yardage passes.

mac jones put the pats into positions to attempt 3 field goals. same field, same weather.

wilson threw two picks, which the pats dbs dropped.

what is the point of having both white and steveler on the team if wilson can stink up the joint, and there is no accountability for it?

the punter at the end should have been told to kick it out of bounds, yes! this loss, like the first pats game, belongs to the coaching staff.

no wonder mims and moore both requested trades.....they get held accountable but the qb gets a free pass? :rolleyes::mad:

NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Saleh definitely garners some of the blame for this. Just like MLF does and just like Wilson does.

1) Regardless if it would have been overturned or not - how do you not challenge the Meyers fumble on the first drive? You knew it would be a dog fight of a game and you would have had the ball on the 2 yard line
    2) Why the F are you playing for OT with 1 minute left when you got the ball? Go try and do something. I think I heard postgame comments he was okay with a TIE???
    3) Tell the guy to kick the punt out of bounds dude. what the hell are you doing? If he was told to kick it out of bounds and he didn't then cut his ass.

BrooklynJetsFan and Cman68 like this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The only unit and coach who is blameless about yesterday is the Defense and Ulbrich. Everyone else played a part in this abomination. Some played bigger parts (Zach/MLF) than others (Saleh) but there's enough blame for everybody. MLF for his gameplan and lack of adjustments, Saleh for not benching Zach and of course, Zach who blamed the crosswinds instead of himself.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Let this sink in. 2 weeks to prepare. They jam the box daring our weak qb to make a play. Only target Garrett Wilson 3 times. No wide receiver screens. Coaching along with the quarterback suck

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

They ran WR screens -- zach airmailed them 3 feet over the guys head :confused::confused:

13. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

True. Back to the point. Are qb sucks. 3rd and 1 at the end of the game. Pitch outside for the first down

14. victorhobson

victorhobson Member

Oh man when they called that play, I thought we had Paul Hackett out there calling plays. Man Wilson sux so bad, just think we could of drafted Allen or Lamar man back when we drafted darnold.

15. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Yes, Zach sucks, but he did everything the coaching staff has trained him to do. He threw the ball away, took sacks, & didn't commit a turnover. I get so tired of Zach this & Zach that. The offense sucking starts with MLF. What offense has he ever run before? What QB has he ever developed before? When have you ever seen three talented WRs call out the CS... in a single-season? Yes, GW said after the game that their needs to be more trust in the WR room. That's calling out the CS, just like Quinnen did with the D coaches. What adjustments were made in the 2nd half? Did we see 2-TEs? Or was it the same thing over & over... pass-run-pass? I didn't want them to draft Zach, but now that they did, they've failed him miserably. They've taught him to play scared... at this point, Zach may be toast. They have a guy as Zach's QB coach, whose biggest NFL experience was as Quality-control coach, & whose biggest claim to fame is he was QB at Boomer Esiason's HS! If you're gonna draft a QB at #2, you don't hire a 1st-time untested OC, & a 1st-time untested QB coach.
    That's on Saleh, & JD for allowing it. Zach's play is a symptom of an offensive coaching staff, without a clue... except for the OL coach, who's done a good job with a patchwork OL.

16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

As they should be. They aren't fans. We are. However he looks lost and as though hes getting worse. My suspicion is that Flacco was moved down because he was going to be a threat to Wilson and that the locker room were muttering about it. Nothing to back it up, just my gut feeling. We have no idea whose call that was. It may come from above JD. Wilson will start until it is clear to everyone that it is making him worse not better. Most of us are already there but we can't see the other options up close and are going off the premise that it can't possibly be worse, but history tells us it can and often is. Wilson will be here next year regardless. Just hope there is a viable alternative because I have no confidence in Wilson.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I still can't get this crummy loss outa my system

Mac Jones Justin Fields all improving imo and T Lawrence number 1 pick has had QB ratings of 106 and 109 over last two weeks

Can't believe I am back to saying I don't see another win in the cards..ugh..back to preseason gloom driving me nuts.

for 7 games down the stretch>>>Bears Vikings Bills Lions Jags Seahawks and finally Miami is a complete chainsaw :/

All those teams are really good ..even Jax has some moxie

Can't wait to see our Geno Smith reunion up in Seattle..OMG

18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It’s definitely a hard remaining schedule, even if the jets are playing well. If the offense play’s like yesterday, then you’re right, not another win.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Quite simply, I suspect he knew they had no chance of kicking a FG to win it, at least going that way. In OT they may have.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It seems disconnected, the Jets would bench Moore and Mims for comments detrimental to the team but not consider benching Wilson for comments detrimental to the team. Idk.

Zach is a good kid and is obviously in over his head. It really stinks to revisit this position again so soon.

Fortunately for Douglas, he hit on potentially 5 of his picks in the last draft and this should buy him enough clout to move on from Wilson without costing him the job.