Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

He had a shit game, let him play out the season and then reevaluate in the off season. He has only played 21 games. White is not the answer as he is just a checkdown guy. Honestly I don't know if he is going to make it but it is not looking good.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

To me, you bench Zach if he plays like shit again vs the Bears, not just yet. We have a a real chance to make playoffs and Zach does give us the best chance if he develops. If he is a liability though, maybe best is to go to drawing board and have him watch other QBs in the same system. I have been a huge Zach supporter, and still am, but if he is the main reason why we are losing games, it is better off for him to watch from the sidelines. It worked for Tua and then next year we can bring in Minshew as a real competition for a starting spot. However, I would not do it just yet, as much as I was wrong about predicting him to do well in this game. If this happens again though, we may not have much of a choice if we want to make play-offs this year. I do want to evaluate him for 7 more games, but if he is the main reason why we are losing them, we do not have this luxury this year.

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

In a vacuum, I agree, but our backups are Joe Flacco and Mike White. We saw what Flacco did with the offense. It was just a different flavor of bad (and that was with a healthy Breece and AVT).

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson was 9/22 for 77 yards. If he was 13/22 for 104 yards we probably win the game. Flacco and/or White can’t give us that?

5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

They just have to beat the Bears at home next Sunday and then they will be 7-3 and feeling good about the season. It sucks today but I'm not giving up on the season. We currently hold a WC spot.

6. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I am watching Steelers vs Bengals and Pittsburgh is down by 2 touchdowns. But just how poised Pickett looks compared to Zach Wilson and he's just a rookie.

Pepsiguy5, Acad23 and Jets69 like this.
  7. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Jets would be 7-4 with a win against the Bears next week.

JETS1116 likes this.
  8. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Yeah, he plays smart and confident. He’s a little older and seems less cocky. They also threw him in later and he wa drafted later too.

9. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Spot on! the 3 INT game was in his head. He had players running open down the seams a couple times and you could see him hesitate and second guess if it was really there or he was already locked in on one receiver 7 yards away from him

10. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

He had the worst game possible. I think he should have been seated halfway through the third. To much on the line to keep pushing him into the fire. He clearly was rattled, and did not have it.

He should still be starting QB going forward, but today he should have been pulled.

11. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Thinking the same thing watching this game. This is what Wilson was supposed to be with an all time arm

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Not anymore that the Bengals won.

We will need 10 wins to make the playoffs. And quite frankly, that might not even be enough anymore, considering we lose tiebreakers to the Patriots and Bengals.

I'm certainly not giving up on the season. This defense is way too good for that. But this is a bad loss for our playoff chances.

13. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

Everyone who keeps saying, so matter of factly, that Mike White is not the answer, what are your qualifications, what are you seeing to make you so sure? What makes you think Mike White has to be the answer, and if so the answer to what question? The answer needs to be the Jets having a QB on the field who can be sufficient. A sufficient QB wins both NE games. It's not even debatable. Mike White (or Streveler) doesn't need to be the answer on terms of being an all pro QB. He needs to be Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Mark Sanchez circa 2010. That's what it takes for this team with this ELITE defense to not only get into the playoffs, but make some noise.

So yes, all of you so sure Mike White is "not the answer" please go look at his TD pass to E Moore at Indy last year, before having his arm go numb. Look at the throws he made to Berrios on the sideline end zone, and yeah, I guess you could call them "checkdowns" to the middle of the field. A check down to the middle of the field, where RAC yardage can be had is not even a possibility with Zach who can't see over his o-line, and doesn't have the vision to see the routes that he can "see" unfold. How many double clutches (pump fake would be too generous) do we have to see Zach make bc he is so unsure of himself. You all rage at MLF, but has anyone considered that it's MLF who is limited?!?!?!? His play calling must be PERFECT bc Zach is a one-read QB!!!!! There is zero evidence to refute that he simply cannot go through progressions. If the first read is taken away, he's toast.

So yes please let's see what "not the answer" Mike White has. I long for his check downs to open receivers 7 yards beyond the LOS after the 1sy read is taken away. Mike Whites highlight reel, as short lived as it is, I'll take those over Zachs couple of heaves that found the right hands any day.

Jetsin2029 likes this.
  14. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

My favorite are the people who say "a guy who only hits check downs?". I guess they're enjoying the guy who can't hit check downs.

15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

He had 8 interceptions in 132 attempts last season. To put that in perspective, Zach Wilson has 16 interceptions in 572 career attempts. White has over 2x the interception rate as Wilson.

Can he be better than Zach this year? Maybe. But it's hard to buy that he's the long-term answer, and I think we need to give Zach every chance to prove he can't be that until we turn to White or Flacco.

I think he gets 4 more starts before I start considering White or Flacco. If we are 7-7 facing Jacksonville, needing to win out to have a chance, maybe then we roll with White as a last resort if Wilson is this bad.

16. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

My bad. Still need to get to 7-4.

17. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I will say Zach is getting annihilated basically everywhere from fans, local and national media, and team mates. He's getting absolutely killed more than any time I can remember.

I agree he should start next week, fields also got hurt in the Bears game and he may not play... But I think if he has another stinker like this he may get benched, possibly long term. The word is out this guy blows.

18. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

The way the season is shaping up ... 7-7 will be too late. There's about to be a mutiny on this team, there's also that.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

20 career starts. Which have been pretty bad.

What's your definition of every chance? Like 60 career starts - which would take us through his rookie contract? 21 career starts - which would take us through next week? 27 career starts which would take us through the end of the season?

We're pissing in the wind here. In fact watching Zach Wilson play QB is like watching him pissing in the wind. Same thing.

Why did we never let Hackenberg on the field? Because he never played well enough in practice to get there.

Why do we keep hearing that practice was a mixed bag for Zach Wilson? Why does he keep getting on the field after that any way?

I mean WTF is going on with the Jets?

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The plan entering this season was for Zach Wilson to be the guy. That's why Joe Flacco and Mike White are the backups, and not someone who is a realistic threat to take the job. If our backup quarterback was Jimmy Garoppolo or Baker Mayfield, I would be telling you we start Jimmy G next week. Flacco/White are almost certainly pissing in the wind, too.

I just don't think Flacco or White is enough of an upgrade for it to matter. Even if there's only a 5% chance of squeezing something out of Wilson long-term, I think that's more valuable than pulling the plug right now and going with Flacco or White. We saw this offense with Flacco with full health. It wasn't good either.

ColoradoContrails and Stevied like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.