Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The thing that's frustrating is that obviously Saleh does not want to put White in because that might cause a QB controversy. However at this point we need to find out what we have in him more than what we have in ZW. We know what we have in ZW and it is not good enough.

Putting off looking at White in the second half of the season just means we will know no more about him going into the off-season than we know right now.

ZW's third season is likely to be back-breaking for this franchise. We need to have better options available than him in camp next summer and we need to have his position completely unprotected - both on the field and on the roster.

2. Br4d

Right, but we'd sign up for a young Dan Marino in a heartbeat - probably even if he was twice the dick that Marino actually was/is.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We don't really need to look at White, he's almost certainly just another backup. But we have a playoff-caliber team that only needs a QB a little better than Zach to get in (along with some help from other teams now unfortunately), so we should go with White or Flacco and hope that one of them can steal us a wild card. And then next year, we need to get a new QB.

4. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Last 2 NE games are on Zach. Could've, maybe SHOULD'VE, won both with better offense. Now we gotta keep hearing about not beating NE for another year.

5. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Exactly if Saleh is truly in control of this team he doesn't need to worry about a QB controversy. He'll play whoever gives us the best chance. Hell Belicheck himself just pulled his starter a couple weeks ago went right back to him next game. I'm not saying Zach should sit rest of the year but in a game like that get him out of there

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I said the same in the game thread... he hesitates even when the read is right there.

He went from Hero Ball to Zero Ball...

#2266 Acad23, Nov 20, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    rockyusmc2003 and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eh I agree to some extent but it’s not really about finding out what Mike White is. We’re aware of what his ceiling is as he’s just a check down point guard. But what is important about putting White in, is not only propelling us to a playoff berth but continuing to develop the entire teams young offensive talent.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Why do we need to look more at White? The staff already determined that Joe Flacco was a better starting option than White to start the season. That tells you all you need to know in terms of how they evaluate him.

We need to evaluate Zach. A good chunk of the book is likely already written, but evaluating White does nothing for us. Wilson is the 23-year old we took No. 2 overall last year because we thought he was talented.

The only way you bench Zach IMO is if we get to Week 17 or Week 18, and we are in must-win games to make the playoffs, and Zach is clearly dragging us down. At that point, evaluation takes a back seat to winning, especially if you've mostly made your evaluation by then. Even then, I'm not sure what White or Flacco would provide, but it's all hands on deck if it's playoffs or bust.

9. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

Spoiler alert: he's not turning it around. Book it. He sucks. No tools. Lots of guys can launch a football 80 yards in the air. What else has he got .. nothing

Jetsin2029 likes this.
  10. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

::grins:: fortunately I doubt you are guilty of committing that infraction.

ouchy likes this.
  11. Br4d

If we win the two NE games we are 8-2 and probably a 80% lock for a playoff spot. We lost them so we are 6-4 and maybe a 25-30% shot but I think that is optimistic.

12. Br4d

Flacco was the safe option to start the season. Not hard to push him out of the way for ZW after he returned.

If White had started 2-1 it would have been a very tough sell to the fans.

fggrimes likes this.
  13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

This Bengals game right now is big. Looking good for Cincy, but if the Steelers somehow win, then it mitigates some of our loss today (though certainly not all of it).

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Very fair point. I'm sure that was part of it. But if they thought White were actually good, we wouldn't have benched him last year for Flacco either.

15. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya Member

Disclosure; I'm a lifelong Bills fan...

Two things,

1. Zach played well enough to beat the Bills Week 9 and made the plays he needed to keep that game winning drive alive.

2. Having said that, I don't see Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh rolling the dice with their livelihoods next year with Zach under center. I think they ask for a mulligan and go QB shopping again this off season.

16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

And there goes that.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It's not a character issue... it's a failure to play good football issue.

Dickhead Aaron Rodgers musters up 77 yards when he takes a leak...

18. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Practice is going to be interesting this week.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Jets need to try to make the playoffs. They have a playoff roster. We can’t just burn half a year trying to figure something out that looks like it’s been answered already.

20. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if this loss takes all the wind out of the Jets' sails, and they lose all or most of their remaining games. I'm thinking 7-10 or 6-11. I say that because we've been here before in 1994, 2000, 2008, 2015...Same Old Jets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.