MLF

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JackBower, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I think LaFleur is decent, but today seemed like his worst game as a coach here. But it's hard when your QB is inept.

Jojo, stinkyB and jets_fan like this.
  2. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

statistically, this is the best offense we've had since 2015. that's not saying much with how putrid our offense has been over the last decade
    we have the worst (or second worst, can't comment on Davis Mills) QB but the Shanahan system is supposed to make it easy for QBs to read defenses, and throw deep balls or check downs. Zach cannot do that at the minute and who knows if he ever will. As with my last post, we've seen other QBs have success with in this offense within the last season & half.

boozer32 likes this.
  3. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Stop blaming Zach! He did everything the CS has asked of him... throw the ball away, take sacks rather than making a careless pass, no turnovers, etc. He's doing what he's been taught to do. Don't make mistakes, let the D do the rest. At this point, Zach may be toast, with the crap he's been taught... he's playing scared. MLF may be the worst OC I've ever seen. He has no clue how to use the talent he has. He has no clue how to develop a OB. No idea how to utilize the shiftiness of GW, & Elijah. No adjustments in the 2nd half today... where were 2 tight ends?
    Just the same thing over & over. It's like every play is unique, with no overall plan. Nothing sets up any other play.
    I can go on, but I'll leave it with... this O will never be anything as long as MLF is OC.

4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I think he gets too much grief. He's calling the offense with both hands tied behind his back because his QB can't even complete a simple WR screen pass, let alone push the ball down the field in a way that even marginally concerns the opposing defense.

Jojo and Jetfanmack like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Michael Carter also kinda sucks. He doesn’t shift to find a running lane left or right. He just runs straight into the ass of the guard/center. It’s hard to blame things like that on LaFleur. I think we had open receivers and running lanes today and the backfield collectively didn’t execute.

stinkyB, Lon Chaney and Savatage like this.
  6. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

They should've tried some end arounds today with Carter and Robinson. Just constantly running the ball into the teeth of the New England defense was a dead end.

Jojo likes this.
  7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The CS also asks him to make throws on time to the receivers that are schemed for, and he doesn't usually do that.

Granted, today it didn't look like there were as many open receivers on TV view.

8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

He definitely seems like a complimentary back, but for some reason he's getting most of the power runs also.

9. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Reverse field? nope, I'll run into the whole DL instead.

10. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

Play calling was atrocious today. Personnel packages were equally as bad. Passing on 3rd & 1 on the last possession of the game was asinine

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The only thing asinine on that play was that Zach had two throws visible within the confines of the TV broadcast (let alone what else may have been available downfield) that would have picked up the first down if he had just thrown the ball on time.

[​IMG]

12. Johnnypump

Johnnypump Member

Well it was a difficult day today for the Jets O. The bottom line is the Jets O is driven by 2 people. The QB and the OC. Both of them collectively are terrible. Wilson goes 9/22 for 77 yards? These stats are not getting it done in the NFL. The OC was a rookie coordinator when Zack was drafted. Saleh’s mistake for hiring his BFF’s brother to drive this offense. Saleh better get this corrected otherwise both of them will be out of job. He better bring in a veteran OC he can develop Wilson. Wilson and MLF are train wrecks.

13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

At this point, it sure wouldn't hurt

cmcm750203 likes this.
  14. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

I would have preferred that they run and and force the Pats to use their last timeout if they fail to convert but yes I noticed Carter wide open in the flat for an eternity and Wilson took way way way too long to go through his reads and deliver him the ball. Unacceptable.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

16. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I don't think MLF had a great day. But I think with any other starting QB in the league, they win this game

Jojo likes this.
  17. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

There’s no way you can properly evaluate the offensive coordinator when his QB is this incompetent. What’s he supposed to do? No matter what he calls, the guy touching the football cannot execute it.

Jojo, stinkyB and HomeoftheJets like this.
  18. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I'm not saying Zach is playing well, but he's doing exactly what they've trained him to do... throw the ball away, take sacks instead of throwing carelessly, & don't commit turnovers. He had a perfect game. He's playing scared, & over-thinking everything. Last season, he made a lot of mistakes, but he didn't look scared & totally clueless. He's learned that from the CS... from their 1st-time OC, & their 1st-time QB coach, with no QB coaching experience.

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Man that is a sorry pile of utter bollocks.

stinkyB, MoWilkBeast and Savatage like this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

If they’re going to keep running ZW out there they absolutely have to figure out a handful of plays he can consistently execute for positive yards. No idea what that might be, but to run the regular playbook at this point is borderline malpractice.