2022 - Week 11: New York Jets at New England Patriots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 13, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Nov 20, 2022.
  1. Jets

86.5%
  2. Pats

13.5%
  1. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Looking at the coverage map, it's nice to see that the Albany area has apparently been (temporarily) reclaimed by the Jets from the Bills, for the first time in about 3 years or so, as CBS is airing the Jets over the Bills for the first time this year. When I first moved up here in 2013, the Jets had CBS priority until about 2018-ish. Once the Bills righted their ship, and as the Jets went further in the opposite direction, they've aired the Bills anytime they had to choose between the two.

Mind you, I know more Bills fans around here than Jets fans, so I always understood.

Brook! likes this.
  2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't get it. Maybe you had to be there.

4. abyzmul

I'm looking forward to the battle between CJ Mosley and Rhamondre Stevenson this time around. They had a good one a few weeks ago. You can tell that the elite runners respect CJ because he punishes them but doesn't act like a dick about it.

Acad23 and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Which game are you working on Acad?

6. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Taking the Jets to win by a field goal.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

A national pre-game show. We cover all the games.... kinda.
    We emphasis the ones we carry on our network.

8. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Evil? Wow, this sounds like a quote from the Exorcist movie.

The Jets on paper and based on recent performances should win this game. But I thought the same thing the last time they played.

Looking at the game film from the last game, I am seeing little nuances in the way the Patriots play the Jets that are becoming apparent and may explain their success in the past.

On defense, they have players switching all the time. For example, the Jets have a man in motion back and forth, and Pat's defense pass the responsibility on who is covering the guy as not to get lost in the wash of players in the field. This now causes different folks to be covering different receivers adding more things for Wilson to consider. I see all sorts of stunts, delayed blitzes, and players going into coverage making the blocking assignments more confusing. I see all types of switching and coverages changing all the time to confuse Wilson. It is important that Wilson get the ball to the backs and tight ends, this is where the Pats have issues.

It appears Belichick as in the song "Sympathy For The Devil" by The Rolling Stones is saying, "But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game". Sorry Brook (the Devil) made me do this (LOL).

In any event, the coaching staff of the Jets would be wise to study the Bears-Pats game and the recent Monday night game between the Commanders-Eagles. Stick to the running game and give yourself short 3rd downs. Wear down the Pats defensive line and front 7 who are not that good against the run. Wilson needs to run forward and get whatever yardage he can get. Running side to side is not a good idea with folks like Judon chasing you.

On defense, the Pats are predictable at running the ball on 1st down. The Jets defensive front should have no problem stopping the Pats running game since their offensive line is in shambles. Mac Jones does not have a strong arm, so your secondary should be able to play tight coverage without any issues. Oh ya you might want your best cover guy Sauce Gardner covering Jakobi Meyers. Other than Meyers the only other guy that can hurt you is Rhamondre Stevenson.

Key matchups that I see are Quinnen Williams versus Cole Strange. Can Strange have any chance here? Can the Pat's defense take away Garrett Wilson? Will C. J. Mosley still know what plays the Pats offense is about to run? Can the Jets stop Matthew Judon from getting to your QB? Remember Matthew Judon sucks against the run. There are more matchups and questions here like will Zach realize that Devin McCourty plays for the Patriots, not the Jets!

If the Jets do lose this game, it is due to stupidity not lack of talent.

Cman68, RochesterJet and onefanjet like this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Lets not run the ball 14x again this game. Punch them in the damn mouth and make the big throws when needed. Zach has got to take the easy yards with his legs when the opportunity presents itself. The D is good enough where if we don't kick ourselves in the dick we should win going away.

10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah I think roster-wise were as good if not better. But the Pats have ALWAYS been more than the sum of their parts as Belichick, the cheating bastard, is still one of the best to ver coach and he’s that big of a difference.

I think this is a must win for us…5e difference literally between first or last place in the division, but we need this for so many reasons

we need to kick their ass and exorcise that demon
    We can’t afford to get swept by a division rival
    We have some tough games coming up and need the win if we want to make the playoffs
    We don’t want to fall to last in the division

just such a huge game for us…

I think we absolutely CAN win…the question is will we? We can’t go into fox borough all awestruck…we need to pound the ball and get to Mac a lot

11. dawinner127

Renkins is probably going to be a bigger loss than we think with how much we rotate our DL as well. I was listening to Badlands podcast a little while ago and Rogers brought up a point about how Soloman Thomas is always on the field/culprit when we get gashed in the run game. They need to kick JFM inside and let JJ get more snaps on the outside.

It would be nice to jump out to an early lead and force the Pats to throw the ball and play right into our hands -- good pass rush + strong corners.

Brook! and KY Jets Fan like this.
  12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This is a great point. We're definitely going to need Shepherd, Thomas, and whoever they call up from the PS (Smart or Marshall) to step up big time this week. Or, like you mentioned, kick JFM inside more often and give JJ some reps on the outside.

The Pats are very similar to us in that they'll most likely want to establish the run against us. Need our IDL guys to step up and come ready to play on Sunday, especially considering it looks like Damien Harris will be back for the Pats this week.

dawinner127 likes this.
  13. dawinner127

It'll be interesting to see if Bill doubles down with the majority zone coverage and forcing zach to run out of the pocket like an idiot. I could totally see him switching it up to press man on the outside and them dialing up a lot of cover zero.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  14. abyzmul

I don't like when our players get praise from this dickhead.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2022/11/cj-...atch-vs-patriots-just-ask-bill-belichick.html

But that is some pretty outstanding praise.

15. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I vote Jets to win.

We are playing the Partricheats. In their house.

F*ck em. Destroy em. Send their fans home early to burn Bellycheck in effigy.

16. twown

twown Well-Known Member

tried to fact-check by searching if the Jets were the Jets right now. Google has no answers.

cval likes this.
  17. dawinner127

All year I've been cautiously optimistic, but man, I'm starting to feel really good about this game. The first Pats game I was very nervous about beating ourselves and that's exactly what we did. If we didn't do any of that, that game wasn't even going to be close.

This weekend? Nope, none of that beating ourselves stuff. I think we are going to beat the piss out of them and finally get our first win in 6 years vs them and I don't think it will be a FG game either-- I'm talking a 28 or 31 - 10 type game where the D is just teeing off on Mac all game after an early lead. You could see it in their eyes and with their comments after the loss 3 weeks ago that they know they are the better team and let it get away with the dumb mistakes. I'm actually happy the bye came after the Bills win b/c this could have been a prime letdown spot.

Hopefully Monday morning we don't come back to this post and I look like a fool, but I think we dominate for 60 minutes. It's time.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Love the optimism... and I'm betting on a win as well... but there's no way we score 31 points on the Pats.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

dawinner127 likes this.
  19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Sunday's dress code. White over black.

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

We never lost with this dress combo right?

All Gas No Shake and KY Jets Fan like this.