Is there any more important game than our next?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Nov 16, 2022.

1. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

It IS a negative connotation. Since when is being selfish a good thing? If we're going to get better as a TEAM, we need Zach to stop thinking he can put the team on his back. He has a team around him because they are there to help him win. The Jets will never fully realize what they can be with him pulling that stupid sh*t. It's 100% immature and stupid....

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

No one is asking him to play hero ball against the Patriots. He had a bad game. Shit happens. He was under pressure the whole game.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

But that doesn't make it OK and it certainly doesn't mean we shouldn't bring it up. Zach has played his best football since the last 5 games last season specifically because he hasn't turned the ball over. Two weeks ago against the patsies he played EXACTLY like he did in his second game as a pro last season. He was playing hero ball and he threw 4 interceptions. Two weeks ago he REGRESSED to an immature rookie QB and it is unacceptable. HE is what is holding the Jets back right now. If he plays against the patsies like he did against the Bills we win in NE easily. He wasn't even close to a franchise QB game but at least he won't be turning the ball over.....

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Man i'm just so damn happy to read threads and comments like this again. Been far too long. Usually by this time it's arguments on how to "tank" to make the next draft more exiting. That always drove me crazy. We're talking about big games!!!!

Jets81 and Acad23 like this.
  5. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

All this curse nonsense is just that. The Jets have lost consistently to NE. because the Pats. had better talent. Now that both teams are even expect different results.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The curse is because the Jets QB always sucks and Belichik will take your bad QB and beat you about the ears like a redheaded stepchild with him.

The Jets would be better off going with a 4 Horseman backfield and no QB than putting most of the guys out there that they routinely put out there.

Jets69 likes this.
  7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

yeah, losing will lead to winning... smfh

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It's a bigger game for us fans than it is for the players. Heck, many of our stars are so young their only experience playing for the Jets is winning.

But yes, every game is important. After beating the Pats, our trip to Chicago gets even bigger, as there's more on the line.

Game 18 to end the season, in Miami, is probably the biggest game left on our schedule. That game could easily be winner take all. POs, AFCE, #1 Seed, on and on.

papapump, KY Jets Fan and Acad23 like this.
  9. Footballgod214

AFCE: Bills have 2 losses already. Jets, Miami, and Pats each have one loss. After this weekend, Jets and Miami could be tied with 1 loss each. Both Jets and Miami play Buffalo on the road, and Jets play Miami (in Miami) to finish the season.

Miami is led by their passing offense, the Jets by their run game and Defense. There's a reason Jets are only 1 of 2 teams undefeated on the road (Eagles).....Defense travels much better than offense. Most teams try and amp up their run game as the season changes, but Jets are already there. That, plus our Defense, says (on paper) the Jets are better suited to win anywhere.

But I heard on the radio (Charlie Wies) that teams love to pass when it's snowy out.....reason he gave is there's zero pass rush in the snow, QBs have all day to throw. With our D predicated on pass rush, lets hope there's no snow in Buffalo (or NE) when we play there!

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

It is a huge game for Zach.

He has to clear the hurdle that is Belichick.

11. Footballgod214

Yessir. Beating the Pats in NE would certainly get that monkey off the Jets back. And Zack too, as he's struggled mightily against Belichick. If Jets win, and ZW was a big part of that win, then that will fill ZW's psyche with confidence going forward.

papapump and James Hasty like this.
  12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

No, this is the most important game in years because of the implications involved. OK, so, here's what we're looking at with this statement game from the Jets. The Jets are actually in it heading into Thanksgiving and like I said it is a statement game, but it's a statement game of the highest order.

Belislob is going to try to take out the running game, he's going to try to take out Garrett Wilson, he's going to try to take out the TEs, and he's going to try to pressure Zach Wilson to throw hero balls. The Slob can win this because it's a mind fck with the Jets that they cannot beat this fcking team and he knows it.

If Z Wilson throws for let's say 225 yards 2 TDS no INTs, Specials come up special, and the D plays mistake free, the game can be won. And I say mistake free because the flags will be flying because of who we're playing, *caugh caugh*.

If there was ever a game for the Jets to grab their own destiny by the horns this is it. This is the ultimate test of Zach Wilson's young career and I will be a believer if he pulls this off and doesn't turtle and/or lose his composure and panic. PACING!

papapump, James Hasty and KY Jets Fan like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well done Jeto. Good summary. We need to impose our will on both side of the trenches. BB can’t take away all the weapons. Too bad Davis is unavailable seems like. Up to Mims and Moore to step up along with Zach and the running game. The key to success is no crucial mistakes. Play to win and play smart. Zach need to remain confident and not play scared nor hero like.
    We need to unveil a few wrinkles their D has not seen and sprinkle that into our game plan. We run the ball effectively and we win. Battle of the wills in full force.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  14. jetophile

Man for man the Jets are the better team. Buffalo is by far a better team than the Cheats and we came out with a W against them. I said it before in other discussions that I honestly don't think the Jets win vs. Buffalo was an Any Given Sunday kind of win. Even though it wasn't a huge score differential I can't chalk it up to an obvious AGS type game like when for instance Cleveland absolutely demolished the Cheats at Cheatsette in 2010.

Buffalo wasn't AGS and if the Jets persevere and get this Belislob monkey off their back it's pretty clear also not AGS. The caveat of course is that the Jets have to actually win this game, and they have to win it with smarts and focus and everything they can throw at The Slob. THEY HAVE TO WIN! YES, I'M YELLING! And there's more than one facet to that diamond: they need to shed their Jets Pathology and not kill their own patient.

LAJet likes this.
  15. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Bingo!!!

16. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I agree, we are gonna have to find out what Zach is and what he isn't. I'm gonna be honest and say that settling for a game manager is not gonna get it done for me. Not in this division, and sure as hell not in the conference. As far as this upcoming Sunday. Everything is gonna depend on what type of rhythm Zach is in from the start. Playing on the road against a great defensive minded coach. If he makes the right reads and the ball is moving even if the Jets don't score a ton of points. Open it up for him, and take some chances. I hope Zach decides to use his legs here and there safely. Belichick will do everything to stop the run and force Zach to beat them. It's gotta happen at some point, but if he looks like shit from start throwing the ball. It's going to be a long day.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  17. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

the reason why it ISNT THAT important is b/c the CS will not allow it to be...slip up and you now have turned a good start into a failure.
    ALL the rest o the games are important.

18. jetophile

The streak ends today.

James Hasty, papapump and Brook! like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This is a game where your QB needs to win you the ball game. The Jets are the better team.

20. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

If the Jets lose today, and I really hope they don't, but if they do, it will nullify the buffalo game.

I can live with the first loss to the Patriots, because it's past tense, but the need to win today, Wilson needs to show something, and play a mistake free game, which is a tall order for a turnover prone QB, I'd love to see Wilson prove me wrong, today is his chance period.