If Zach played like Allen....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Josh Allen on Sunday looked like the guy from his first season before he started with the beta blockers or whatever he is taking that levels him out on game day.

When they were showing us close-ups of him in the Jets game he had that same semi-glazed look I remember from his rookie season. Also the facial sweat.

twown and hornblower like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Daboll was popular with the players on offense and now they see him successful with the Giants.

Daboll wanted out btw, it was in the Flores lawsuit. There's a divide on that team

3. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

......If, [something hypothetical happened], then [something hypothetical would result].... you can't be proven wrong!

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I will give Allen a little credit: that one INT was on 4th and 2. I thought it was dumb to go for it when you can take a 30-17 lead there. After that happened, the Bills fell apart.

Josh Allen is fine though. Still a great QB, everyone can see it.

Zach Wilson has not reached those levels yet, so when he has a bad game, fans point to that as what he is and who he will continue to be. Poor logic, but the fans have a small sample size and choose to not see his improvements and progress.

I think when Wilson does click, he will have games like Allen has had the last couple weeks though. It is in his nature to take chances, so when he finally does get comfortable at QB, I could see him having some off weeks. The Jets could be such a well built team that they can overcome the mistakes though, similar to Brett Favre in his Packers days.

Pepsiguy5, Noam and cval like this.
  5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

You can’t ignore Allen’s legs and runs.

agree on going for 4th and 2 was eye opening.

He has been sketchy as of late and in close games.

just want ZW to continue to make progress, limit TOs, make simple plays, move the chains, and improve on short throws.

Noam likes this.
  6. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Zach hasnt had the level of production of Josh Allen to get the benefit of the doubt that Allen gets. If Zach starts putting up some gaudy stats and starts contributing to wins in major ways, he'll get a lot more slack.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  7. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

But when he didn't make mistakes, he was making things happen and leading his team, and still came close to winning all of those games, including the last one that went to overtime with a bad elbow. I don't recall any 3 game stretch like that by Zach. Let's hope he gets there.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Yeas you know why? Cause Zach ain't ever been close to his level..... ever.
    LMMFAO. A you serious? Man the Zackettes are just lookin under rocks now.

Step 1: Zach Needs to get on Allen's level...
    If no step 1 then your point is MOOT

The audacity...that's the only thing I can think of.
    GET ON HIS LEVEL THEN TALK TO ME. :confused:

Jets79 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

You can't even be serious with this even as a Jets fan with green colored glasses. Josh Allen is an MVP level player and has been for a few seasons. He's taken the Bills deep into the playoffs and gone toe to toe with Patrick Mahomes in the AFC Championship game in one of the greatest shootouts ever. Zach Wilson continues to be one of the lowest rated quarterbacks in the AFC. Josh Allen certainly gets the benefit of the doubt for a few bad games over Zach Wilson. Just stop.

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Just as a follow-up, with the Jets current defense, special teams and running game, if Josh Allen was our quarterback as opposed to Zach,, the division wouldn't even be competitive.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'd still trade Zach for Allen every day of the week. Hopefully some day that changes.

12. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

This is silly.

You need to earn that level of forgiveness from the fans. Josh Allen has thrown for over 4000 yards and 35 TDs two years in a row. If Zach had already accomplished that, the fandom would be way more forgiving. That's not even counting Allen's running.

Zach still has a higher INT% than Allen this season, as well as a significantly lower TD%.

I thought Zach looked like a completely different QB against Bills last week. Lets hope he builds on that. Put together a few great games, and the fans will be way more forgiving.

Royal Tee, Jets79 and stinkyB like this.
  13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This thread is stupid

Royal Tee, Ralebird and Acad23 like this.
  14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Yes, This thread is stupid and Josh is getting a lot of heat for his poor play lately.

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Bills fans are bitching about Allens play right now. They should be.

Zach doesn't have Allens short history of success to be able to see him getting through the struggles yet.

abyzmul likes this.