After the Bye...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Nov 12, 2022.

1. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I take games one-by-one, so I was thinking about the game against the Pats.
    As many times as I've been disappointed in the past, I can't see how this Jets team can possibly lose next Sunday.
    The big thing for me, is that these guys really want to improve, learn, succeed, & they play well off one another.
    They kinda exemplify the 'Team' first mentality, & each player wants to contribute to that team effort.
    Any player that didn't buy-in to how important it is to beat the Pats, before the loss, will now.
    I expect the team, as a whole, will be mentally in the right place for the Pats.
    And... will impose their will on the Pats, no matter what BB throws at them.
    No clue of how the rest of the season goes, but I haven't been this confident of a Jets win, in eons.

#1 burf, Nov 12, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  2. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Jets must win this game not only from a pride/credibility standpoint but also because they need division wins.

No doubt this is a game where I will watch from under my bed with both hands over my eyes.

GO JETS OWN THOSE F*CKING PATS!!!

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Ahem (clears throat): "I'd like to say that a change in regime and culture might quash the Jets historic penchant for coming out flat as a pancake or blowing pineapple chunks in a big spot for no explicable reason known to man; but although I'm not completely sold on that idea, rest assured, I did like saying it. That whole Bart Scott "I can't wait thing", it sticks in the back of the head like an ax whack by Lizzie Borden, ya know what I'm sayin'?"

-Some 95 year old Jets fan drinking Night Train out of a brown paper bag on a street corner

Alright, alright, it was me, minus the Night Train and the brown paper bag.

Brook! likes this.
  4. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Beat the effing Pats please

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Stay away from Dave & Buster's....

Acad23 likes this.
  6. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Great post...I feel virtually the same.

burf likes this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I just hope they do their talking on the field this time.. No payback talk. Just go up to Foxboro, be about winning the game, and let the score do the talkin..

Pepsiguy5, Jojo, Nyjets4eva and 6 others like this.
  8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

After the bye I want to beat the Patriots

Jojo likes this.
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

One 'culture change' I really wanna see is the Jets come out of a bye week ON FIRE, versus uninspired and flat. I honestly think the last decade, we came out of every bye week very slow. I wanna see a young team ON FIRE. We know that Belichick will have the Cheaters ready. It's time for OUR hc to have OUR team ready (right Saleh???). Our fans sure will be.

It's TIME

Jojo, Nyjets4eva, MoWilkBeast and 3 others like this.
  11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I wanted that win over the Pats 2 weeks ago. It was so deflating. But this is the NFL and things always work unusually. I want us to be on our A game and play like strong team we know they are.

Would be crushing to lose again to the fucking Pats

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Maybe it’s just me but I feel like the NFL schedule makers got wasted this year when they made the schedules. It’s not only us, but what the fuck kind of logic is a two in three games divisional matchup? They’ve done this a couple of times with a couple of teams.

13. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why La Fleur suddenly thought the Patriots game was a good time for Zach to throw 40 times when he was averaging half that. But, if anything good came from that debacle it's that Zach perhaps has learned to fix the crippling flaws that derailed Gang Green from beating their arch rivals.

It was a different story against the Bills that saw Zach fire the ball off in 2.31 seconds, run for first down when receivers were covered and throw the ball away when nothing was there.

If Zach continues on this track and the defense plays their usual suffocating defense I'm confident the Jets can finally beat the Patriots and send them off to Mock Draft land where they belong.

dmw and Nyjets4eva like this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

BB plan was simple. We will stop your running game. Beat me with the pass. MLF tried to outsmart BB and emphasized the pass from the get go, not sure why. We should have said. Fuck you. We will mix it up but run the shit out of the ball, stop us. Wear that fucking defense out by the fourth quarter.

Pepsiguy5, Nyjets4eva, Cman68 and 3 others like this.
  15. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I read post bye we get fant and Mitchell back? Hope that's still on track.

Gotta beat the pats. Really should've won the last game. Hate that we put pressure on ourselves but not winning a game in 12 years is wild

Jojo and Nyjets4eva like this.
  16. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

The Jets need to run the ball down the Pats throats and put a lot of pressure on Jones. Robinson had some good rushes against the Bills. Now in his third game he should be more up to speed with the playbook and the Jets should be able to use the same winning format they have all season.

#16 BleedJetsGreen1981, Nov 13, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  17. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

I think we give MLF too much power. I don't think he is trying to outsmart BB, I don't think he's telling Wilson not to throw to Moore, I don't think he is ignoring the run game.

He is simply calling plays that he feels will work with the personnel we have. The Pats game we should've won, I think that late hit call that overturned the pick 6 did us in. It changed the whole flow of the game. I will say as bad as Zach's interceptions we're vs the Pats he had some really nice throws also.
    Sorry... Captain Obvious here: The key for us to win is running the ball, and not turning it over. Our defense is legit.

This is simply Rex Jets but upgraded.

LAJet likes this.
  18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I’m worried for how they come out of a bye. Good thing is, pats had a bye too.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

One thing we all can agree on is that Zach cannot put the ball in the air 41 times again..

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

At least not while they have a chance of winning. If they fall deeply behind for some reason then throwing it may be the only recourse and we'll have to hope Zach suddenly rediscovers his "gunslinger" success for his BYU days.