Mims

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jojo, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

No more bullshit with Mims. Like I say, he can FLAT OUT PLAY. Let him get into a rhythm, and see how good he can be. He's been deserving of playtime for over a year. JUST PLAY HIM. ENOUGH , talking about him as if he needed extra help after class crap.
    NO MORE MIMS BULLSHIT.

2. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

I didn't think he played that great a game, though his one catch was very important.

1/4 on targets and every one of them he had two hands on. Yeah, the sideline target in particular was a really tough catch to make, but the other two you gotta have from a starting WR.

fansince90 likes this.
  3. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Mims can ball for sure. Even on the pass he caught out of bounds he corralled the rock and came down with an impressive catch. He reminds me a lot of Corey Davis. The Jets trusted him for that clock-crunching catch late in the fourth quarter yesterday. Mims is a keeper. Go Jets.

4. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Never understood the mistreatment of this player from the get go. Now its Elijah's turn to be mistrated when he too could be contributing. Can't complain to vehemently though at 6-3 coming off of this franchises biggest victory in a decade. Just so proud of these guys and their resilience, and totally excited for what looks to be an amazing future ahead. FINALLY.

SOJAZ, Pepsiguy5 and Jojo like this.
  5. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

If I'm JD I'm going all in with Denzel. For whatever reason Elijah Moore is the forgotten man in this offense. So what's the harm if he's no longer on this team? I feel comfortable with Denzel being the other WR. Moore could get us a decent pick on the trade market.....

Leicester Jet and Jojo like this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He made the catch of the game. If Mims doesn't make that tough catch the Jets are giving the ball back to Buffalo with 3 timeouts and the 2-minute warning.

That drive shoulda ended in a touchdown after his catch but it allowed them to burn all Buffalo's timeouts, which was key as they were scrambling for time on that last drive

SOJAZ, papapump, Acad23 and 6 others like this.
  7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Maybe this offseason we could package Elijah and a Day 2 pick for a top tier FS? This D is an elite FS away from being the unquestioned #1 D in the league.

mrjet80 likes this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

and all those hours of watching Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon helped him avoid that hit....

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That first down call should have been a touchdown if Zach just kept it on a keeper, not sure if the coaching staff even gave him that option but I was screaming at my TV over it. Miller crashed so hard on the back. Then we go back to it the next 2 plays and zach gets pummeled on the sideline -- good for him to stay in bounds and take the hit to make buff use another timeout. Coulda been helmet to helmet to which would have ended the game right there.

Lon Chaney and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Lets see how the rest of the season plays out before we ship off top talent.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Stinky on fire with the allusions to popular culture today.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Here's what I think happened:

Joe Douglas reminded his employee Robert Saleh that its Saleh's job to take the talent Joe gives him and grow said talent.

Two of Joe's top draft picks Mims and then Moore felt left out of Saleh's game plans and demanded trades. NOT a good look. Not exactly 'developing talent' that makes the GM look like a genius.

Saleh said last week that Mims has earned his place on the field. Of course he has.

Thank you Joe!!! It's amazing how one sit down with the BOSS can change a player's career trajectory.

That's what I think happened.

SOJAZ, papapump and Jojo like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Wilson got blasted on that and yeah, I think its a legitimate gripe there, we see QBs getting that helmet to helmet call all the time. Guess he hasn't paid his dues yet reputation wise to get that call (that's sarcasm)

14. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

His blocking is really good, you can see he puts a lot of effort into it. Especially on that MC run late in the 4th quarter, he must have pushed the defender 15 yards. I'm guessing they may set him up in running packages for blocking, and perhaps opening him up for play action opportunity.

Jojo, Brook!, papapump and 2 others like this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yep... I've been more impressed with his blocking.

16. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

he used great hands to beat the jam and get open on that third down conversion

17. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

HC stated, " he made a big time play on the catch" and even when Davis gets back will play. Good for him, he reminds me of Al Toon... Although, Toon caught just about everthing throw his way. Maybe he get there too!

Jojo and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he was solid and i appreciate him and he made a huge 3rd down catch but he isn't showing starter level talent either yet. still i'm happy for him that he had a chance and made some plays. davis is back after the bye though so mims is back to the bench

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Please give credit where it's due, the man of the thread.... Denzel is the Man on Fire

[​IMG]

#19 stinkyB, Nov 7, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    Jojo likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Those are big cleats to fill, but I do see what you mean. I hope he can somewhat approach Toon's level of play.

SOJAZ and Jojo like this.