E. Moore #1 to #6

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soh_vet, Nov 6, 2022.

1. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

good job. was wondering if anyone was going to get that quote.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  2. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Wonder what Moore will say this week!

Also, didn’t he and Saleh make a big deal about a concerted effort to involve him this week?

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I honestly dont care at this point. And Ima huge Moore fan.
    Team is winning and Zach has a connection with Garrett who’s on his way to being a #1 WR.

Everyone else needs to fall in line and be patient. The Jets really have a talented WR group.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Jesus. We are winning games despite having a qb who we really aren’t sure we can take the training wheels off with yet and people are bitching about how many touches our fourth string WRs are getting? Come the fuck on already.

Pepsiguy5 and Losmeister like this.
  5. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I don't agree with this. When Zach hasn't played receptions have been spread around. Zach, I feel, tend to lock on preferred targets, be it GW, CD or Conklin. I just don't think he sees Moore much currently. No big issue with this, its probably not an unexpected thing for a young QB. He likes the bigger targets.

6. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I can appreciate a good Jaws reference :)

7. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

the real story here is denzel mims is turning a corner.

Pepsiguy5, wewantsapp and gajetsfan like this.
  8. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

I'm glad Zach has become comfortable with Garrett Wilson. GW is exactly the sort of receiver he needs- he's really great at making the adjustments necessary to make up for ZW's inaccuracies (throwing too high, behind, etc.) Davis seemed to be pretty good at that as well, but not on GW's level. I hope ZW and the TEs gain a similar familiarity soon. I'm surprised that he and Moore can't seem to get on the same page; maybe Moore doesn't want to risk an injury by making the extra effort for his QB. He'll never be great, or good even, with that attitude.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You don't watch much football do you?

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I’ll be honest. I don’t care. What we are doing is working and until that’s not a fact anymore, who cares about Elijah Moore.

Noam, JackBower and AtlantaJet like this.
  11. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

I think we’re gonna go Mims, Davis and Wilson as the base WR core. Allows MLF to disguise runs better. EM becomes odd man out.

12. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

We won and Moore didn’t have any touches, time for him to demand a trade again!

Was/am hoping he gets it together. Ideally he/mims/GW gel with Zach and we can cut Davis next year

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

He had one catch, a very important and clutch one.. but let's slow our roll.

JETFUEL1580 and ouchy like this.
  14. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

As a Jets fan for 39 years, I can safely say little of what I’ve been watching has been football. More some sort of experiment in masochism that at times bares a striking resemblance to football.

Having seen your posts, and agreed with a few here and there, I take it your issue isn’t with my assessment of the WRs, so: It’s ok to be critical of all players, including the QB. Zach isn’t perfect. He will never be because no one is. But with the right coaching and players around him, he’ll continue to develop and be successful. Like today. Hopefully even more successful in the future.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I have no issue with being critical. Spouting a bunch of BS like this "he's really great at making the adjustments necessary to make up for ZW's inaccuracies (throwing too high, behind, etc.)" is what I have a problem with .

16. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

I'm optimistic, but not as enthusiastic about Mims's play as others.

I watched him catch 1 of 4, and though that one was a solid catch and very important, you could make a convincing argument that an NFL starting receiver could have caught all 4 of them, and especially 3 of the 4. One was a straight drop/ lack of concentration, another was a tough catch/ mis-throw by ZW that forced him high over the middle but a #1/#2 WR has to make that catch, and the 4th was the toughest along the sideline with a good, but nevertheless an "almost" effort. To "turn the corner" Mims needs to be able to create better separation (3 of 4 targets no real separation except body position), and be able to bring in tough catches. Hopefully the game reps help him get there b/c the Jets need him to develop.

To the original topic- I'm also a bit confused on the complete lack of featuring E. Moore, and attribute it to "doghouse" as well as ZW's inability to ID and make several reads in the passing game. I got to watch the whole game yesterday for a change and spent a lot of time just focusing on E. Moore and his routes. It definitely looked like he was featured heavily as a decoy.

Fiftynine likes this.
  17. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it bro. Half this board is here to tell the other half they don't know anything about football.

Fiftynine likes this.
  18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Just watched Mims' touches again. You could say there was one drop, where he could have made tough catch - the one over the middle. The first long pass by Zach was just a bit short. If he kept it just a little higher, Mims would bring it in, but I don't think #1/#2 WR makes that catch. Zach just missed him by about a foot. The high ball is the questionable one. The ball had a lot of velocity. It would have been a VERY tough catch. More likely outcome is that the ball gets tipped and goes behind for a possible INT by a safety. The fact Mims almost got it and flipped it straight up in the air over him where DB had to tackle him to prevent a completion was not a bad outcome. Plus the catch he made was bit time. You could argue he should have caught two balls, but it would have been tough. Given he did get one big one and blocked well, this was a solid game by Mims.

Pepsiguy5 and JETFUEL1580 like this.