We just knocked down supposedly best team in the NFL... Wowzer

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Wow, who really saw this coming?

The Jets might have got a huge break on the desperate throw by Allen to Davis on the 4th and 21 to basically end the game. At first glance, it looks like pass interference by Gardner. However, due to Allen's arm being so good, the official was about 20 yards short of the play to see it. Perhaps his vision was impaired due to the distance. Another video angle of the play also shows Davis grabbing and pushing with his right arm on Gardner. Hence if they are both liable for pass interference, you put the whistle away.

Had the Bills been rewarded by a pass interference call on that play, they would have the ball on the Jet's 20-yard line. This would have been a 66-yard pass interference call which would have really sucked.

Listening to the dumb Pat's media and callers on the radio today, they all think we are going to beat the Jets after the bye without any issue. As usual, the lack of any offensive production is being blamed by the media and callers on the play calling and not the overrated Mac Jones. This stupidity is putting me in such an annoying position that I am starting to desire that the Jets beat the Pats several weeks from now.

Before I forget, congratulations on beating the Bills. Wilson did not throw any interceptions and the Jets ran for almost 200 yards. You sacked Allen 5 times and caused two interceptions. The Jets' defense is for real!

The Jets have a 71% chance of making the playoffs while the Patriots have a 37% chance. So the Pats will need this victory much more than the Jets.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Mentally, we need the win more than you guys. We just took care of the Bills and now its time to beat Belichek. If Zach hadn't lost his mind last week, we would have won that game too. Don't bank on Air MLF showing up as there's no way in hell Zach puts the ball up 41 times again. The entire point of a ground and pound offense is to impose your will on the defense and wear them down. Keep Zach's throws under 30 and run attempts about the same as we did yesterday and we win.

Cya in 2 weeks!!

papapump, Patriot, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Reminder to everyone bringing this up that 1. Davis initiated contact and 2. Sauce never impeded Davis’s ability to run the route or catch the ball. It’s a good no call.

Most importantly if the refs through the flag for the obvious helmet to helmet on the prior series the game is over and this play doesn’t exist.

Pepsiguy5, LAJet, SOJAZ and 9 others like this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He defended Diggs in the last play of the game not Davis. Did I see that wrong?

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It was Davis. He was on Davis pretty much every play of the game other than the first one where he got beat by Diggs. There’s a reason you didn’t hear the name “Gabe Davis” until the Jets went into prevent defense with 30 seconds left…

azhar80 likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

After Allen had that long run to put Buffalo up 14-3 they had 81 total yards the rest of the game. That’s dominant D

SOJAZ, Acad23, stinkyB and 2 others like this.
  7. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Although i think the Eagles are the most complete team in the NFL, the Bills were certainly right up there and this was the "signature" win I think many needed to see the Jets pull off.
    The D showed out, plain and simple. My concerns about the starting D during the preseason have mostly been remedied by strong consistent pressure and good secondary play.
    However, I am still wary of this defense's ability to contain a really good running team.

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I was re-watching the game early this morning, and after the Mann flub (a very Jetsesque way to start a meaningful game, thanks) and then the 42 yd reception by Diggs, I eyeballed my dog and said, "The Jets are gonna lose this game."

Now I reflexively said that with the full knowledge that the game was played yesterday and the Jets already won. You can take the Jets fan out of Queens but you can't take the Queens out of the Jets fan.

Great win. Oh, and I still thought they were gonna find a way to blow it.

SOJAZ likes this.
  9. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

It s awesome!!! I even bet the Jets to win ML but went cheap with $20.

Prior to the Buffalo game, Jets were 40-1 to win AFC division while Bills were 1-15, followed by the Dolphins. Pats were third but can’t recall what they were. I guess betting the Jets to win the Division is no more laughing Matter, still a long reach but possible. Wow!

10. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I think at the end of the day the headline will say the Jets beat the SECOND best team in the NFL. Right now I think the best team in the league are the Eagles. With that said, I don't think anyone, even Jets fans, thought yesterday was going to happen. That was a STATEMENT game. The Jets up until yesterday hadn't beaten anyone that was supposedly a good team. Excuse after excuse about the competition the Jets had faced. Then, after the patsy game, the narrative was see? The Jets are garbage. They suck so on and so forth. Not now though. Beating the likely AFC champions speaks volumes. I couldn't possibly be happier with the job our GM and CS TEAM has done rebuilding these Jets. This gives me ultimately confidence that next year or the year after the JETS will be in the SB......

11. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Jets D held the 4th highest scoring O to 3 points in the second half.
    That's impressive.

12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Beating the Bills was nice but for this victory to mean something we need to beat the Pats. Beating the Bills sandwiched around two losses to the Pats would be somewhat hollow. But, a win next game against the Pats, and the season looks entirely different,

SOJAZ, REVISion, NY Jets68 and 5 others like this.
  13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Prior to yesterday's game I had the option to cash out for $8 and change. It's back up to the original bet amount. Let it ride!

P.S. I also bet the Jets ML yesterday but only for $15. [​IMG]

Acad23, Brook! and Noam like this.
  14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I think the Jets are one of the best teams in the NFL. I think they will prove that. Theyre not even playing to their full potentialnyet and if theyre doing it with all these injuries, imagine how good theyll be next season!!! The culture here has changed, this will be a team players want to come to now. Theyll take a little less to come play with this core of players.

JD built it the right way. A sustainable way, and the scouting is off the chains. They know what they're looking for in players and its not a crapshoot.

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Agreed. And although I’ve never been a fan of the Zach Wilson pick, I’m willing to give him a chance because of how much JD has gotten right. We don’t need Wilson to be Patrick Mahomes, just Troy Aikman.

JetFanInNE, Pepsiguy5, Cman68 and 3 others like this.
  16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

You mean it was 50% Bills Mafia? The Mafia was at MetLife? Hope there were no hits ordered. Plenty of extortion I'm sure :D. I was getting so tired of hearing "Bills Mafia" this season. Glad the Dolphins fans don't have a cutesy name for their fandom. I'd puke.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  17. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

It was great because we were sitting in a very Bills dominated section (346) and every time the Jets did something good or Bills did something bad, me and my idiot friends did that GOD AWFUL Bills chant -- Aaye aaye aaye a -- they were not happy.

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

19. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

the only reason I say the AFC east as they have all 4 teams with winning records while the Commanders are 4-5 but that is a strong division as well. I see the eagles pulling away with it

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Probably already mentioned, but one more post-game observation that deserves special mention: THE JETS SCORED BEFORE HALF-TIME, WHAT A CONCEPT. IT'S ABOUT TIME. YES, I'M YELLING.

Pepsiguy5, SOJAZ and Brook! like this.