At the Bye, what's your turning point so far?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Nov 6, 2022.

1. burf

burf Well-Known Member

So many things come to mind, but to me, the turning point of this season (so far) was Quinnen getting in the face of his coach, and saying 'let the DL do the pressure thing.' After that, the D changed, & so did the team's fortunes. Thought it would be interesting, to see different opinions on where y'all think the season turned.

Jojo, papapump, KY Jets Fan and 5 others like this.
  2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I think this season is playing out exactly how i said. This is a double digit win team and i didnt think it had a particularly hard schedule and its what i expected. I think theyll get better as the season goes on and this is the begining of a nucleus that will keep this team competitive for years to come.

Once they slowed the D line rotation, the defense has accelerated

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Today.

Today they showed - particularly Zach - they could shrug off a tough loss to our hated rivals a week ago and shut down the "unstoppable" Josh Allen while they overcame the #1 scoring defense. In doing so, Zach has silenced most of his vocal critics, and while maybe this wasn't THE statement game we all want to see from him, it was definitely a statement game in any case. This one no one can say "Well Breece Hall carried him". It was a team effort, and he led the team, just like a FQB is supposed to do.

PabloJa, Cman68, JETFUEL1580 and 8 others like this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Obviously the turning point was Zach coming back from his pre-season injury.

Can't argue with success... ;)

MoWilkBeast, PabloJa and Cman68 like this.
  5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Hard to nail down one turning point there are several candidates…

The Q blowup as mentioned above

The comeback in Pittsburgh

The defense manhandling the Dolphins - Q running over Hill like a rag doll

Taking charge in the second half in GB

Today’s performance coming back from last week….

Could very well be the first

6. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I think one turning point was this rookie class. They are supremely talented, hard workers, and don't know any better than to not give a F*CK about what anyone says. They're the kind of kids who immediately tap into the vibe of a crazy competitive vet like Mosley or Lawson.

I think that attitude has infected the whole team to a degree.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Recovering the onside kick in Cleveland? The rules make it difficult to do so, but we did it and went on to win. If we lose that one, we're at 0-2 and who knows what would've happened from there.

8. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

hopefully today. Zach made some easy throws and took numerous easy plays when given the chance. plus he ran a couple of times for positive yards. those are signs of growth.

Footballgod214, Jojo and egelband like this.
  9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Probably for me the Browns game. They were dead and buried in that game. They needed a miracle and they did everything they had to do to achieve it. That should absolutely have been a loss and for a change, we stole Victory from the jaws of defeat.

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It was when we started wearing the black pants with the white jerseys of course.

11. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

The turning point for me was the comeback drive in Pittsburgh against the Steelers. Zach took over, championed his team to get a "Fu#$in touchdown" and they did, pulling off the first of 4 big victories in hostile territory.

So many electric moments for the Jets so far:

-Big Q's monster sacks against the Dolphins.
    -Sauce Gardner plastering Bridgewater for a safety.
    -Jets defense outlasting the Broncos at Mile High after devastating injuries to AVT and Breece.
    -Robinson stepping up in his second game to keep the rush game running on all cylinders.

I give Zach a lot of credit for his game today. He finished with a 101.1 passer rating his career best. After a brutal week of criticism he took charge and did what was needed to win. This kid has moxie. In time as his confidence builds he'll take his game to the next level and lead the Jets to another big victory like he did earlier in the season.

#11 BleedJetsGreen1981, Nov 6, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  12. HomeoftheJets

Yeah this rookie class is epic. So upset Breece got hurt, but Sauce is already elite (so was Breece), Garrett Wilson is a decent number 1, and Jermaine Johnson is a solid starter. And I'm saying this by NFL standards, not rookie standards. The 2020 and 2021 classes still look ugly and eh in hindsight, but 2022 is an A+ class.

egelband likes this.
  13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Not so fast on 2021 - Zach, AVT, both Carters, Echols, and I know Moore is currently in the doghouse but that could turn around after the bye ….

But yes 2022 is the king of the crop.

Jeff M, PabloJa, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  14. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Onsides.

JETFUEL1580 and Acad23 like this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

Zach is a big question mark, AVT is terrific (not concerned about his long-run health, it was a freak injury that he should fully recover from), Moore is looking bad but you never know, and the other players are good but nothing special. So I'll say eh for now, but there's still a big range of possibilities for the class, largely depending on how Zach turns out.

egelband and mrjet80 like this.
  16. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Idk about turning point but this win shows we're for real. Everyone was crowning the Bills. To come back from 11 points down and beat them is HUGE.
    No more excuses or "Jets only beat back up QBs and bad teams". Everyone has to acknowledge the Jets.

Brook!, egelband, Noam and 3 others like this.
  17. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The turning point was the taking receipts and the Cleveland comeback, that bought us time until the miscommunication of the secondary resolved itself

TwoHeadedMonster, egelband and Noam like this.
  18. twown

twown Well-Known Member

fixed it up for you, home boy.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and egelband like this.
  19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It seems like there is a new turning point to the season each week.

Beating the Browns changed the entire season.

Beating the Steelers saved us from 1-3 and gave us meaningful October games.

Beating Miami gave us an actual division win.

Beating Green Bay gave us national legitimacy.

Beating Denver made us a playoff contender.

Beating Buffalo makes us a very good team capable of beating anyone and a threat to win the division.

Each win has been a new threshold. Beating the Pats in NE would be the next step.

But the biggest turning point was hiring JD. Nothing else is close to that. He literally has flipped the franchise upside down.

20. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I think the turning point for sure was between weeks 3 and 4.

As OP stated, big Q getting heated on the sidelines, fighting for more 4 man rush while letting the coverage team do it's thing. But don't forget about DJ Reed calling out the defensive coaching staff after the game, and saying a meeting was necessary to clean up all those miscommunications.

Needless to say, defense has been the biggest reason the Jets are doing as well as they are, they are legit playing like a top 5 D in the league right now, and Week 3 was the last real rough week for this defense, I think the first few weeks contained quite a few early season growing pains that have since then got ironed out.

Big props to Big Q and Reed for stepping up that week and taking some control of their defensive units, that's what leaders are made of.

burf, Brook! and Acad23 like this.