We just knocked down supposedly best team in the NFL... Wowzer

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 6, 2022.

1. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Wasn’t a trap. Defense came to play. MLF ran the ball 15 times. Only two other teams ran the ball that many times last week and they both lost also. You just don’t win with play selection like that with a 2nd year QB who is still learning progress to his 2nd or 3rd option, against Bill belichick.

MLF called a fantastic passing game nonetheless, our QB just wasn’t ready to take the next step. Give it time.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

BB "stopped" our run game 2 weeks ago. We probably are gonna run it a lot more up in Foxboro. I hope its pouring rain as I would put our RB corps and Oline against any D belichek can dream up.

Brook! likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but that would be one of the sweetest wins in a loooong time!

JetFanInNE likes this.
  4. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

Its even more impressive that we just beat the Bills without AVT and Breece! Very ballsy win and awesome that they and us get 2 weeks to enjoy this.

5. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Ha. I guess, but I really didn't see it like that - I truly believe that the talent assembled on this roster is on the verge of being a perennial playoff fixture, and the sooner they get the QB position unquestionably solved, the more time they'll have to potentially spend in the true super bowl contender echelon.

I know I'm not the first to say it, but the goal to me as a team without a QB for years on end was always to build like the Niners - a viable roster that could legitimately compete on both sides of the ball, especially defense, and was waiting for the right moment to strike for a quarterback and become a unanimous Super Bowl contender.

If they believe that Zach will become that level of player, then who am I to question it? I have no say, and I'd wager nothing on my opinion of him not being the answer being correct - I'm just a fan. But I just really hope they're right because once a team reaches the level it appears this Jets team might be on, every game without a QB fixture in place is running out the clock on their chances of winning big. Players start making huge money and you can't hold onto all the pieces. You can see it with the Niners example above - they waited too long with Jimmy G, ended up getting desperate for that QB piece to push them over the top, and moved a huge amount of capital for something that wasn't even guaranteed.

I am just really excited about the roster being built here, Douglas as a decision maker, and can see the path to multiple seasons of true viability. Like everyone else here, I just want him to get it right.

6. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Thonk about that! When was the last time any of us thought our D would get stops t win games.... its *****ing grreat!

Jets79 likes this.
  7. Snatch Catch

Yeah, I hear you for sure. I think, like many here, that we suddenly have a team that is a QB away from being able to challenge anyone deep into the playoffs. The sooner there is a "The Guy" taking snaps on this roster, the better.

Obviously the absolute best result would be Zach panning out as The Guy.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

An hour after our biggest win of the season and you chose to shit on the winning quarterback.

Just own it, dude...

9. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Holy shit! I was on a plane and missed the whole game, plus missed my connecting flight to Paris, so I’m drinking in a hotel bar with my wife in London! All worth it because we fucking won!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's good to see you have your priorities straight!:p

11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I know, it is weird that I am kind of expecting to get turnovers every week now, when we couldn’t seem to get any for years.

12. Snatch Catch

I'll own thinking Zach isn't the answer all day, but as much as him not being the answer worries me, in this moment I'm more happy about the way the rest of the roster is showing out and making this team a viable winner. This is a really fun, exciting roster of talent that is consistently good QB play away from having a clear path to the elite conversation. That's my takeaway from this game.

Ralebird likes this.
  13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I want Kelly Green jerseys so unbelievably bad.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Updated and they would look great! Anything is better than the romper room pickle green unis we try not to wear now..

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. CheeseSauce

CheeseSauce New Member

LET'S GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VRRRROOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM VVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!

16. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I havent commented on this season yet, but after today here we go:

This whole season has been a pleasant surprise. This team is solid across the board. The defense is fun to watch, the running game is enjoyable, and the offensive line has been improving. The one question is Wilson. However I think we discovered a winning formula here: run the ball. This team reminds me of the Jets in 2009/2010, but I trust this defense way more at the end of games. Rex's defense seemed to always falter when it mattered most. I dont know what Wilson is, BUT I do believe he is sufficient enough for us to make a playoff run the same way Sanchez was good enough to make us Super Bowl contenders. (Which to this day, I still firmly believe Sanchez wasn't the reason why we didnt win those title games, Sanchez came to play, the defense faltered).

This win was huge. There is a big difference being 6-3 instead of 5-4 going into the bye week reeling, going to New England. We are now well positioned to make the playoffs. (9-10 wins gets you in, we have 6). Its been 12 long years but the Jets are finally back. This feels even better though, this team is just getting started. Bright future ahead.

As far as the Bills. I said this last year; they blew it. I know a lot of Bills fans thought they could just come back next year and write the wrongs but it doesn't work like that. They blew their chance at the Super Bowl title last year when it was seconds away. Same with the Bengals. Both teams will find it will be very hard to get back. The Bills look like they have problems all over as well. Allen is holding them together but he can't singlehandedly carry them to the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't be shocked if we see the Bills in January.....

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Posts like this are dumb. He changed how he was coaching this season. Its a different plan now. Had he not have changed, it would have been an issue. So dont frame it as people were wrong for wanting something better than what we got in the beginning of the year.

papapump, Ralebird, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

What’s most pleasing is that we were competitive on every game so far, a few execution and mental mistakes killed us in some, but every game was aggressively fought to the whilstle

Jets79 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

perfect way to head into the bye. hopefully we get some OL back from injury and jrobs knee gets some rest.

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

As much as I want them to wear the green jerseys for once this year, probably got to stick with the white jerseys and black pants. They've been on fire with those unis.

Cman68 likes this.