2022 - Week 9: New York Jets vs Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 30, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2022.
  1. Jets

19.1%
  2. Bills

80.9%
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Here's to you, Buffalo!
    [​IMG]

mrjet80 likes this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He brought his inner-Sanchez to the game today. That's the guy we need to see.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  3. LostInMA

LostInMA Active Member

All hail the mighty coin!!! The coin knows all!

PabloJa and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Some big plays from today's win that come to mind . The 4th down special teams run for a 1st, but even bigger was the play before that on third down to smartly rush to the line to prevent Buffalo from challenging what looked to me like an INT, the dart that Wilson through to Mims to get 1st and goal at the 6 and Wilson taking the sack on 3rd down to force the Bills to take timeout number 3.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

If nothing else, the clock management seems to finally be run by people who get it.

Pepsiguy5, mrjet80, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  6. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

don't wanna jinx anything, but long before the season I started a post and predicted 10 wins based on 4 factors, I felt all our new players were high probable success stories ( I specifically included those returning from injury in that pool), the development of ZW into a competent QB, the coaches learning from their first year and growing into their jobs and avoiding significant injuries. I also started a post way back just before the free agent period praising JD. Well we have had significant injuries but JD has found a way to get others to contribute. I feel good about the team and felt good about them since early this year. Having watched the Jets since the Titan days, I am old and go way back, I have seen glory years and bitter years. I blame mostly the management of the team for all the poor years and I am extremely encouraged by the current staff, from
    JD on down.

But, there is still a long way to go. Don't know if we make the playoffs and if we do how far we go. I actually won't even feel that bad if we miss. I just wanted to see us field a team that would be completive every game and because of the youth would have expectations for an even greater future. We are on track so far.

mrjet80, Brook! and AarontheJet like this.
  7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Saleh is the best clock management game manager coach I can ever recall for the Jets. he always makes sure we run down the clock before the half and at the end of the game. He has done it correctly;y in so many games this year starting with the final drive against the Browns. I recall the Athletic ran an article 3-4 weeks ago on the time clock management coach that Saleh uses for these situations. I think his name was something like Smash.

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The stream watchers know the game is over when the can't post in that thread, it really does spoil the previous 2 hours 55 minutes lol

NY Jets68 likes this.
  9. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

Looking back at it. Was the shitty camera angle on the 1st jets field goal the one in which the cable snapped?

Nevermind, I'm stupid, that wasn't until later. But I'm curious if its the same camera.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I think it was.
    The "SkyCam Incident" would have cursed us a year ago... now we seem to be able to shake off bad things.

That's good coaching.

11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Awesome take!

Acad23 likes this.
  12. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Great win! Go Jets!

13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Ugh remember the Herm years …

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The one "sour" aspect to today's game was the officiating against us. There were at least 3 RTQ/PF calls against Zach that should've been called but weren't. Calls that every other QB in the league would've gotten. In addition, there was a PF/Spearing call missed against the player who knocked G. Wilson's helmet off that wasn't called.

This shit needs to stop, at least at home! Woody needs to get in Goodell's face and get this fixed!

Brook! likes this.
  15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's an amazing performance considering it was against one of the NFL's top teams.

17. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

I don.t understand the analytics said we would lose. If you can't believe the analytics what can you believe in.:eek::confused:o_O

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Yeah this was the most team win I think ever. Every player on the entire roster and even the staff that sets out the gatorade cups I think had a part in this one. Everybody just kept grinding and grinding.

Probably Robinson was the most symbolic of the whole day. They kept letting him run and he just kept getting stonewalled by 3 Bills guys every time the whole first half, and he just kept grinding and finally broke through for that touchdown. And the next thing you know the Jets (for once!) are just walking the Bills down the field with Nate Herbig bulldozing everything out of the way. Rex Ryan was probably misty eyed somewhere watching that.

Sauce with the snow angels. lol! What an awesome win.

19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

20. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member