Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Yet when I tried to explain that we would be lucky if Zach could get to where Sanchez was people were freaking out.

Br4d likes this.
  2. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Zach has a high WOW factor to his game. He does not have a high IT factor though.

that’s the disagreement happening on these threads. Some people are mistaking “wow” for “it”.

Josh Allen has a great “it” as he was able to stiff arm 300lb defenders, brush off hits in the pocket, and find open receivers at the same time. Zach does not have this level of “it”.

Zach’s only ability to throw great off
    platform throws and laser strikes to first reads. Darnold had this too - and it never became much as defenses realized if you apply pressure and remove the 1st read, he becomes a headless chicken. Most unsuccessful NFL Qbs succumb to this. Nothing new. Zach is right on this curve.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

As of now he is almost 50/50 TD to interceptions 59% completion and about 35% win record. Just goes to show how hard it is to forecast the true long potential of your QB in the first two years. Way too many factors come to play. I would say as much as I liked for Sam you succeed, his game style never inspired me confidence, while with all his gunslinger, sand lot bad habits that need to be corrected, Zach does. We shall see if given a chance and proper coaching, but that has not been a strong point of the Jets.

Borat likes this.
  4. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

I think his ceiling is a very talented game manager type. If he plays like this and reduces turnovers and checks his ego, he can be a much better Garopollo type.

papapump and LAJet like this.
  5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Borat likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Wow, it, makes no sense. (Your post)

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Gunslinger, sandlot habits...

Hmmm, now who do we know who does this?

Who could it possibly be that QB's for the NY Jets with gunslinger, sandlot habits?!?

Hmmm...

8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Same thing as Nania, and what was really evident: there were A LOT of opportunities in this game. Even aside from INTs, Zach should not have had sub 50% completion. The number of ops there were, this should have been Mike White vs Bengals moment. Could have and should have gone for 400-450 yards 3TDs and 1 INT, 60+% comp. This should have been a breakout game for Zach, given how much MILF out schemed Belichick and opportunities available. Instead it was one of his worst. Disappointing, no other way to say it really. The hope is he learns from it like Josh Allen did from his game against them in the second year.

9. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

If Zach can just throw the ball away and stop with this backyard shit. I'll consider that baby steps heading into tomorrow.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

IDK if it would've been a 400 yard game, but there were definitely a lot opportunities there for him. Hopefully as he watched the game film he can see all this and begin applying it in the games.

Borat likes this.
  11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Bingo LA, do you and others really think he is getting "good" lets say adequate coaching? personally, I don't but that is just me.... The HC believes he is getting it and said so in one of his pressers this week. Lets hope your right and he can overcome his propensity to bail early.

12. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Don't know about his IT factor, his INT factor bothered me last week.

13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

This is such garbage. I’m sorry man but what more can they do? Receivers are open. Basic play are successfully creating opportunities that Zach repeatedly misses. Zach literally fucked up the very first pass play of the game. That’s a play you can bet they went over in detail many times. The play worked perfectly and Zach threw it to the wrong guy anyway. He didn’t even look at Garrett, who was the easy proper target on a slant. Zach is completely overmatched mentally right now. Short of coaches literally standing out there on the field with him there’s nothing they can do.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You're right about the acronym thing, but the bolded sentence is a run-on sentence.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Last year Zach wasn't coddled, but this year he is. He's got a competent OC, what was a great supporting cast (though now only an okay one because Breece and AVT went down), and they never ask him to attempt any risky throws unless absolutely necessary.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Maybe Sam should've been "coddled". Maybe the smart thing isn't just to throw a young QB out there and expect them to be able to handle everything like a multi-year vet. I think Saleh and MLF were/are doing the right thing by not asking him to do too much at this point. You might call it coddling, I call it smart coaching.

As for the "great supporting cast", the OL, even when fully healthy was a work in progress, as were the receiving corps.

Are these reasons for Zach scrambling from the pocket too soon, not seeing open receivers, erratic mechanics? IDK. As a fan I just want him to fix these issues. It's up to him and his coaches to figure out why. I think they can. He made progress since he first started 18 games ago, and wile that may not be as fast as you or some others want, it is progress, and I think Saleh and MLF have a good handle on it and know better than we do what to expect from Zach.

17. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Zach was SUPPOSED to have a high wow factor. So far that hasn't been the case. If he threw 3 INTs last week on 60 yard bombs trying to be a gunslinger that's one thing. He's producing a few highlight plays a season.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Wilson was coddled last year. He was given the job without earning it, among other things

19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

After watching these games back, seeing some break downs from others around the web, seeing how consistently FUCKIN OPEN these players are getting...

..and ZW still has those stats, especially under pressure. Can't see the field at all...

Kid has to grow up real fucking quick. Fucking, yikes...

#1639 IIMeanDeanII, Nov 6, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    MoWilkBeast likes this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, you see Homey, I have never claimed to be a perfect user of written English; at the same time I never choose to go off topic in pursuit of personal attacks, particularly regarding spelling or grammatical errors. I also do not pick at the spelling or grammar, taken in context, of others unless what they have written is substantially different than what it appears they meant. As far as what constitutes a run on sentence, that can be more subjective than objective. Since you found the need to go off topic with your comment here, perhaps you would care to directly address the specifics of how any independent clauses I used were not joined properly - it appears to be quite important to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.