Elijah Moore Requests a Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Can we changed the title to “ Elijah Moore request a trade goes unanswered”

BrowningNagle, stinkyB and Lon Chaney like this.
  2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I seem to recall him requesting to be traded in the offseason - Am I wrong? I give Mims credit for the apparent attitude adjustment but does being a willing blocker and special teams guy create tradeable value, without any corresponding success as a WR?

azhar80 likes this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That’s a different question. But last game he did the best with the touches he got. Both very good sideline catches, although one was overthrown by Zach and caught out of bounds.

azhar80 likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Man that is bigger hyperbole than the hyperbole you accuse others of lol

Nobody said he was OBJ at all, what was said was he looked a good prospect last season, a player with potential, I said nobody was calling him untalented last season, it has nothing to do with Smith, the guy hardly plays as a WR and is a ST gunner in the main.

Two of the WR type jags are still on the team ahead of Smith, the only addition is Wilson and he has been a great pick but he has only had two good games numbers wise and again with a better QB or Zach playing to his undoubted potential both WR's would be well clear of 1k yards in a 17 game season.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Someone literally just said he was first round talent. Why? Because he has 700 yards in 20 games? He's a fine player that should have been traded. He hasn't shown anything that should make him an untouchable piece. The dude doesn't want to be here, complained about not getting the ball while the team was off to its best start in 7 years and winning. That's really the player you want here? If he was going to be such a big part of this teams future like JD just said a few hours ago why did he play 10 snaps in a game where we throw 45x? EM is going to be buried on the depth chart just like Mims was and whatever value he has left is shot. That's what this CS does. It's asinine.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If we keep limiting his snaps I'm going to be upset. We kept him so lets use him.

7. K'OB

So y'all is actually one person now, interesting development.
    The rest of it isn't in our conversation, I believed he should have been traded but I would have wanted a 2nd because again he has the potential to be a top WR and why should we throw that away for a 4th or whatever?
    The way things are going we will have a new QB next season and he may be capable of hitting all his targets rather than locking in on one but here's hoping Zach turns the lights on before the season ends, I know have big doubts about that but like Moore he has all the potential in the world.k

8. dawinner127

You just now said he has all the potential in the world so clearly my "ya'll" statement was right. Moore has 700 yards in 18 games or 41 yards/game over his career. What potential are we exactly talking about? He's been mediocre.

We can just agree to disagree b/c we can go back and forth all night. If the kid is stuck buried on the depth chart b/c the CS is trying to prove a point (we saw it with Mims) it's a joke.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I may be wrong but I thought I read that the CS was pissed that he gave up a block (or didnt even try) on a play which that was his assignment.
    I can see why that would send his ass back to the bench

10. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Would that be his first completion to Moore this season?

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

That someone was JD.
    So why would he trade him away for less than market value? Just because the player expressed frustration?
    That would be asinine decision making.
    You are entirely too emotional on this topic for whatever reason, but GMs can’t make decisions that way.

Patience is needed here. From Moore, from JD, from the fan base.
    The QB play will improve at some point I hope, and guys like Moore will be needed.

#911 BacktoQueens, Nov 1, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This is the kicker. I felt as though we should keep him. But you can’t keep the player and throw gasoline on the shitty fire by keeping him on the bench for Jeff Smith.

Didn’t it come out that he got benched because his blocking wasn’t up to par? He’s 170 pounds. It’s never going to be a strength.

It’s easy to get receivers involved. We easily should’ve thrown him a couple jet sweeps or pop passes or screens just to ease the tension.

Red Menace, cval, ouchy and 1 other person like this.
  13. dawinner127

Not being emotional. The writing is on the wall. We did it with Mims for 1.5 years and then we just kept Moore inactive for one game + played 10 snaps in a game where we threw the ball 45x.

If he is supposed to be a big part of our future like the GM said, why are we keeping him in the bench? From everything we have heard, the kid somehow has value around the league. He hasn’t done anything whatsoever since he’s come here 18 games ago. Why aren’t we taking any value he can get us if we are just going to bury him?

Edit - FWIW, I’ve been one of the more patient posters on this board with Zach + JD + Saleh. The kid can’t improve if he doesn’t play or get utilized. Combine that with the fact Moore is a me me me guy, i want nothing to do with him.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  14. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Zach accidentally texted to
    He never sent it. Felt the pressure to hit send and ended up running backwards.

The Notorious J.E.T.S and cval like this.
  15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Ok I see where You coming from.
    If we just planning on burying him then why not get some return value and move on.

I do think he is in the plans tho, and has shown he can be an effective receiver in this O.
    I don’t see Mims as an apples to apples situation as Mims just hasn’t been able to show he belongs in this league. His route running isn’t good and I suspect his grasp of the offense just isn’t there. I don’t think he even has much trade value.

There really isn’t much of a problem with Moore, at least that I’m aware of, other than frustration with involvement and maybe the QB. That can sort itself out over time and should be handed in house as JD said.
    Now if Moore is just an insufferable prick and hard to coach, that would be a different story. But I don’t know that to be true at this point.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I am glad they didn't trade Eli Moore. If they traded every player frustrated with the QB they'd end up with just a shitty QB and his friends

MAKE it work. You have Garrett Wilson who is good at getting open downfield and Eli Moore who is good at working underneath. Put them on the same side send G Wilson deeper and Moore underneath him. Tell the QB to pick the open one and throw it. If he can't then find a new QB, there are 4 of them at practice

BacktoQueens likes this.
  17. K'OB

So when has the word potential equated to the next coming of OBJ?

If you now think he isn't 'potentially' as good a WR as he was last season just because he has pissed on your chips by asking for a trade then that's on you.

I'm not even arguing about him being traded because I think he should have been but for a good pick ie a 2nd minimum, if we aren't getting that then it is pointless giving away a WR with POTENTIAL for next to nothing and benefitting a rival, a rival who may well have a competent QB who will then throw the ball into his WR's hands more often than not.

Mediocre, of course he has been mediocre this season, he has barely been targeted, the very essence for his change in attitude from what looked like a nice guy last season, it is a shit attitude change and I don't care for it but I understand why he has done it.

If the OC buries another on the depth chart then that says a lot more about the OC than anything and really that would be as bad as Moore sulking in the first place, it would be childish and stupid to bury a player with potential, bad enough what he has done to Mims and I don't even like Mims tbh.

Cman68 likes this.
  18. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Maybe Moore and Mims weren't traded because the Jets management is cutting them some slack for wanting out due to the unsettled QB situation. Since Zach is continues to show signs of being Darnold 2.0, Jets may not be aso quick to unload WR talent, which has been hampered due to poor QB play.

Cman68 likes this.
  19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Get this antisemite piece of shit off this team. Cut his ass, I don’t care.

Dude is out Twitter defending Kyrie Irving. He can go fuck off.

dawinner127 and cmcm750203 like this.
  20. K'OB

Who is Kyrie Irving?