Elijah Moore Requests a Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 20, 2022.

1. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

If given the choice...Who do we trade Mims or Moore?
    At first it was a no brainer me. I'd trade Mims. But seeing how Mims and Moore handled their situations, and their trade requests. I'm leaning towards trading Moore if given a choice. I do think Moore would bring back a better return, and I think Mims might have a more defined role on this team. I think Elijah's skills kind of, crossover with G Wilson, but Wilson is at a higher level.

Ofcourse being a Jet fan, I wouldn't want to trade either guys bcuz I think they are very talented, but I don't like the complainer, and cancer type. I do think both guys have a legit beef but they way Elijah went about it and the timing is horrible.

ukjetsfan and K'OB like this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Best case is the Texans need help at WR and would deliver a high pick. Their 2nd could be pick 33, which is one pick higher than we got Moore, and 14 higher than we got Mims. I know we wont get a 2nd for Mims but a 4th would still be a high 4th.

K'OB and azhar80 like this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Send them both there asap

ouchy likes this.
  4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I haven’t heard anything (other than fans perspectives) about any team wanting to deal for Mims or Moore. And if a team was interested I highly doubt they’re going to offer what JD is going to ask.

Moore is fast but small and his Twitter rampage didn’t do him any favors. He doesn’t have the numbers so any trade for him would be on speculation - buy low and reap a potential award. The complete opposite of what JD wants in any deal for Moore.

Mims I wouldn’t be so quick to deal. He had issues last year in regards to food poisoning, and adjusting to the new schemes and coaching. He appears to be on the upswing. Big body, deceptively fast, and a good downfield blocker. He also probably wouldn’t fetch much but I would hang on to him anyway. If the QB situation irons itself out he can be a big piece moving forward.

Bottomline if anybody is dealt it’s Moore (personality issues) or maybe a slight slight chance Bryce Hall (depth) and neither would bring much back.

azhar80 likes this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Totally agree, Moore goes, Mims will take a bigger role

mrjet80 likes this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If EM is on this roster in 24 minutes it’s a disaster.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

hyperbole much?

8. dawinner127

Not really. The guy doesn’t want to be here. It’s obvious what the CS is going to do to him — bury him in the depth chart just like they did Mims. Get rid of him and move on. It is what it is.

ouchy likes this.
  9. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

If I were another team, there is no way I'm spending anything on either Moore or Mims. Both are me first guys that haven't done anything in this league. We are stuck with both, and it's up to the them and the CS to figure out how to best utilize their skills, if there is anything there worth having.

dawinner127 likes this.
  10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

There’s no way I’d trade Moore. He’s a first round talent imo. Patience is needed all around, the QB is struggling, but will need talented options.
    I’m not just gonna deal him away because he’s frustrated.

Mims on the other hand should be dealt.
    Next year is last year on his contract and he still hasn’t shown anything.

azhar80 likes this.
  11. dawinner127

First round talent for a guy with less than 1000 yards in his career + already showed he doesn’t care about winning if he doesn’t get the ball? Ha. Good one.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. dawinner127

Bingo!!! Moore has done nothing in this league and was on a 4-2 team bitching about his usage while winning. GFYS dude

13. K'OB

Now, now, he did make a block that led to a TD the other week.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Mims is not a me first guy. playing special teams, blocking on every play, Moore is just going through the motions

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  15. K'OB

Give him a fucking QB who can throw the ball consistently and an OC with an open playbook.

Nobody was slagging the lad off last season talent-wise, he is the same talented WR, now his attitiude has been found wanting but tbh I don't blame him.

He is a second round pick that had 1dt round upside, nothing much has changed and I'm sure a competent GM would know this also.

Ralebird and ouchy like this.
  16. dawinner127

Or is that because he was the only competent WR on a team with wrs that consisted of Jeff smith type jags. Someone had to catch the ball….

garret Wilson is sure doing a hell of a job. Moore went from being THE ONLY GUY to a side piece when they added actual talent to the O.

Insanity that they didn’t trade him. Y’all acting like EM the next coming of OBJ and had an OBJ like rookie year. He had 3-4 games where he looked good. He’s a fine wr — he aint worth the headache though that’s for damn sure !

#896 dawinner127, Nov 1, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
    JetFanInNE likes this.
  17. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I bet Zach texted Elijah “glad to see you are still here, let’s get to work bro!”

And Elijah just deleted the text :p

azhar80 likes this.
  18. dawinner127

I’ve been one of JDs biggest supporters since we got him. I even want to keep him if Zach sucks and give him another shot but how can you make this comment?

He played 10 fucking snaps when you threw the ball 45x. If he’s such a big part of the Jets future why was he not on the field? Clowns bro…

ouchy and Br4d like this.
  19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Nah, Zach got a quick response like "! This text cannot be delivered."

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's nothing wrong with Elijah Moore that a dose of Mike White wouldn't fix.