Elijah Moore Requests a Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Trading Moore won't solve the problem. We have a stubborn OC who is so married to his system that he can't be flexible when that's exactly what's needed. MLF still thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and that will lead to his inevitable downfall. Moore and Mims both will never escape MLF's shithouse. Mims got playing time only because he was the WR of last resort with Davis out. Add in calling almost the exact same runs to the exact same side with the exact same RB speaks volumes as to MLF's faith in the other RB's on the roster. Having ZW put the ball in the air 41 times is a recipe for disaster and we saw it yesterday. Maybe MLF thought he had Joe Burrow instead of Zach Wilson playing QB.

The D showed up but as usual, gave up big plays on 3rd and long. Nothing new there.

Was our gaudy 5-2 record a mirage? I really don't have an answer for that atm.

"Lets hide behind the chainsaws.."

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Another game like this and I think you need to make a move, regardless of who it is. There’s a pretty good chance he could shit the best next week as well. Every team is going to try to force Zach Wilson to beat them. That’s going to lead to losses and a lot of frustrated players on both sides of the ball.

It feels like there’s just too much for him to correct to make any kind of jump this season. All they can do is handcuff him and try to grind it out on offense, which wouldn’t actually be a bad strategy if not for the fact that short passes (and random Hail Marys) are the dudes kryptonite.

3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

the problem to me is that this ISN’T just a clunker here and there. This is who he’s been this whole time. His accuracy has been awful all along. He doesn’t see the field any better than he did last year as he continues to not see open guys or open turf when he could run for a first down, and his accuracy still sucks overall…missing guys high…not as many in the dirt as last year but still not great ball placement. And its midway through year 2 and we STILL haven’t seen that statement game…that game where it all clicks and you just go all right…THATS why we drafted him. We’ve seen a few flashes…a throw here or there…the 4th quarter at Pitt…but that’s about it. It’s concerning. Great doesn’t take long to show. It may take longer for QBs than other positions, but it’ll show itself. So far we’ve only seen a few brief flashes.

My concerns are that I think some of his flaws are fundamental things that I’m not sure will ever change that much.I’m no QB coach, but things like leadership, field vision, accuracy, football smarts…those things I’m not sure change all that much, or if they do, it takes a long while to fix. He seems to be a good enough leader from what we hear, but the field vision and the accuracy have been issues since day 1, and for all the “eye test” improvements people look to, the hard cold stats show that in fact these haven’t really improved much. His QB rating is what it was last year, as is his completion rate…both close to bottom of the league.

we had shit talent last year, our OL is still not great due to injury, but he should be doing better than he is. I’m not expecting top ten QB category yet (but we should be in a year or two if you’re the number two overall pick), but sure as shit he shouldn’t be in the bottom ten in the league category either.

it’s tough…I was 50/50 on him coming into the year and so far for me, it’s trending down not up.

I WANT him to succeed…we desperately NEED him to succeed…but I think the odds are not so much in his favor right now…

rockyusmc2003 and Since1969 like this.
  4. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I’m not sure this is a MLF thing. Zach isn’t spreading it around and throwing to the open guy

Living in Boston I recall Brady’s earliest games. He’d have 10 guys getting a catch. Spreading it around makes everyone more open. Zach locks in on a few and the opponent knows it. Needs to be fixed

rooting for Zach but if he can’t do that we need someone who can. Stafford was throwing to megatron and lions sucked. Countless examples. Need to spread it around

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

His ball placement seemed to be solid yesterday. I just saw all of his throws. What he did have was 3-4 absolutely bad throws. First INT was he didn’t start his read off right. Came to the shallow drag too late then threw it high.

2nd INT I felt either he was trying to throw it away but wasn’t aware where he was so when he got near the hash marks he flicked it, or he thought it was his guy. But when you throw it away (trust he did that like 5-6 times yesterday) you throw that thing AWAY.

3rd INT, when he initially scrambled, he had a WR closest to him on the shallow drag which is where he should have went with. Instead he inexplicably throws it downfield to where 4-5 pats were. That was just no excuse for that play.

Zach also had 2-3 throws where he was a bit high.

i also saw some good throws, threading the needle to Conklin and Wilson and he got to them on time.

Mistakes will continue to happen, that’s just the nature of the QB position. But Zach is still a work in progress. Give it time.

6. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I'm no MLF can but we can't deny the facts we've seen this offense produce yards/points with Mike White, flacco, even Josh Johnson. Only time it grinds to a standstill is with Wilson.

rockyusmc2003 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  7. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I hear you but i also see Zach really sling it when he sets. It's infuriating watching him throw off back foot. I think this is more a Zach thing than a MLF thing. Though if MLF wanted my advice he's play EM and DM more and BB less.

Zach needs a come to jesus moment. I keep hearing about these keep it honest monday film sessions so hopefully they work. Similarly the coaches need a moment of reflection. Everyone and their sister in law knew Belichek would make Zach win the game and the coaches didn't have a plan B for running game. I found that very odd

the defensive coaches didn't have a plan B for when Pats did hurry up preventing the Jets from their vaunted DL rotations.

John Franklin Meyers deserves a wedgie. that's two game changing bone head moves. he made same mistake against Bengals keeping a live alive that turned into a momentum changing TD.

NOt seeing accountability for Zach or JFM, but yet there's a doghouse for Mims and EM

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

This entire situation has become stupid beyond understanding. We only used Moore on 10 plays, instead giving his snaps to Brad Smith.

Why? Wasn't deactivating him for the Denver punishment enough? Are we going to punish him long term, creating another malcontent rather than trading him while he still has value? Is our staffs ego so huge that they'd rather have revenge than win? It was puzzling with Mims but we trusted them. Now we have to wonder how much of Mims handling affected Moore's mindset. Its no wonder they want positive vibes only because they are clueless on how to handle these situations.

Its seems pretty clear that Moore wants out of here more than ever now. Keeping him in he locker room isn't a good thing. Limiting his playtime isn't a good thing. This situation has stupidity written all over it. If Moore is still on the team at the end of the day it will be a major fail.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’m so unbelievably tired of that commercial. They’ve been showing it for what? 3-4 years now?

dawinner127 and Cman68 like this.
  10. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I get folks not believing ZW is the QB some thought he would be, better than this guy, top 10 QB, etc. I didn’t expect it either but again he hasn’t been horrible as many indicated. Could he be better? Absolutely! We do have to get this out of our mind that he s going to be a Allen, a Mahomes type. Let him progress where he is more consistent and plays careless games. He did win the Pittsburgh game. His throws are sporadic, some on target, some short or high and some on target. My point is let’s go with him a few more times and see how he responds and recovers. We can now put him on a short leash but MW didn’t fare well vs the Bills last year.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

If this is the case, MLF needs to get off his high horse and utilize Elijah.

The guy's got talent so if they truly have no intentions of trading him, use him, get the ball in his hands and let him make plays for this team.

ouchy likes this.
  14. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

With Corey and Breece out, how does Moore only play 10 snaps? He can line up at wideout, in the slot, and in the backfield. Yesterday was the perfect time to scheme to his skillset and get him the ball.

Jets79, Lon Chaney and ouchy like this.
  15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Gazed and Confused posted that he read that Moore got pulled after refusing to block on a play,

Lon Chaney likes this.
  16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Cman68 and rockyusmc2003 like this.
  17. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

It’s criminal to not utilize him…he should be like a Deebo type player for us but instead he’s literally a ghost.

I’m not happy with his reactions and attitude but I can’t really blame him for feeling this way

MLF - Watch some Ole Miss highlights and get a clue

IDFjet likes this.
  18. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You gotta cut them slack because they're basically in a pool of sharks with journalists. So they can't always be frank.

ouchy likes this.
  19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I think a lot of us are in the "trade him or play him" camp with Moore. The one thing nobody wants to see is to no trade and not use him, in some mind boggling vendetta. At least with Mims they could claim not knowing the whole playbook. But with Moore the excuses are thin and its starting to feel like a personal grudge - which reflects poorly on how Mims was handled.

#859 ouchy, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    IDFjet likes this.
  20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Devil's advocate:
    Moore is the only one willing to call out the QB situation ...
    That would put things in perspective

BrowningNagle likes this.