Saleh: Mike White is now QB2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 30, 2022.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

2. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

why couldnt he just have played week 1 and maybe we would know more now........................

3. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

Here's a sobering thought: Browning Nagle was a better QB than Zach Wilson. So was Richard Todd, and Ken O'Brien, and Pat Ryan, and Boomer however the fuck you spell his last name, and Troy Taylor (okay, maybe Troy shouldn't be on this list), and Kyle Mackey (Ditto), and JJ Jones (He passed away unfortunately), and Al Woodall, and Bob Davis, and Babe Parilli, and Tim Tebow (No, I'm serious about that one), and Chad Pennington, and Neil O'Donnell, and Ray Lucas (No relation to Frank), and Al Dorrow (Actually Al played for them when they were known as the Titans), and Mike White, and maybe even the legend known as Chris Streveler.

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

too much of Tunsil's stash....

5. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

OK I bite, why don’t we also do that for our OC to light a fire under his ass and change the game plan.

burf likes this.
  7. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

If anyone knows where this guy went, please contact One Jets Drive immediately. Thanks.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  8. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

The first thing Zach should do is to petition the league to go back to uniform #1.

9. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I think the Mike White promotion to QB2 is Saleh's way of lighting a fire under Zach's ass to get his act together. Much the same way the Jets brought in another kicker when Braden Mann flubbed some kicks in game 1 this season.

IDFjet likes this.
  10. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

I hope so because there are only so many times they can go Zach to the drawing board.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Geno always had the talent; he had some really great games as a Jet (the win over the Falcons in primetime, the perfect passer rating game against the Dolphins, etc.). The problem was he also had a lot of terrible games, and he had character issues. But I give him a ton of credit, he did what almost no failed starter ever does: continue to work to improve himself physically and mentally until he got another shot. Zach unfortunately I don't think has the talent; he's had over a full season's worth of starts, and he's never showed any indication of a high ceiling at the NFL level.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Also, I think the right move is to give Zach the Bills and Pats games without training wheels. We have zero chance against the Bills if he plays with training wheels, and Belichick will stack the box if we go the training wheels route. If Zach shows signs of something good (doesn't have to be great, just not terrible), keep him as QB1. If he has two more games like this one, bench him.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yes, because when WRs don’t get open is usually the QB fault. Good freaking Lord.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think you missed the point. Garrett Wilson was open with Flacco and he’s been open with Z Wilson.

Flacco was just able to find him

Ralebird, Jets81, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's where I am if the Zach experiment fails. This team has had enough failed rookie QB's, time to go the other route.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’ll take a 6 of stellas

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That’s probably a contingency plan next season. We haven’t had a roster that even a vet could manage until now

Red Menace likes this.
  18. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Reading this thread, & others. it's amazing to me how emotional so many are, rather than just stopping for a second, & taking a breath.
    Firstly, let me preface this with... I didn't want the Jets to draft Zach, as I had various concerns about him.
    Now, follow me here... JD hires a 1st-time HC. That 1st-time HC hires his friend's brother to be his 1st-time OC.
    They have the 2nd-pick in the 2021 draft, & invest that pick on Zach, hoping he'll become their franchise QB of the future. Since future success of the team, in a large part depends on the development of Zach, who do you want to be the guy developing him? Someone with experience developing young QBs? Someone with experience playing the position in the NFL? Or a 1st-time QB coach, with 2 years experience in the NFL, as a quality-control coach? Enter Rob Calabrese.
    My point, the blind leading the blind. Zach is 23 yr-old kid, with obvious athletic talent, often bad mechanics, & a propensity to make bonehead decisions, especially when he's being pressured. He makes the same mistakes over & over. We've all heard him interviewed a zillion times. He may not be Einstein, but he's obviously not a moron. So, after watching his play, after 18 games, do you REALLY believe he's well-coached? Being developed properly? Being put into the best position for him to succeed? Or, is it possible that those in a position to teach him, just are not that good? JD has surrounded him with talent. But his OC, while adept at drawing up decent plays, seems overwhelmed with how to use his available talent. Yesterday, they wanted to get GW involved more... does that mean Elijah can't be utilized? But he wasn't. I can go on & on.
    The bottom line, everyone around Zach is as inexperienced in their positions, as Zach is. At the very least, hire a professional QB coach, with experience developing a young QB. I still have reservations about Zach, but he's not being taught/coached/developed properly. That deer in headlights thing is on the CS, & as of now, they're ruining any chance for him to develop into a functional NFL QB.

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I remember those games, he’s still just an average starter at this point and there is nothing wrong with that, he is getting a lot of help in Seattle with the run game as well.

Watched the game yesterday as my curiosity got the better of me about this jets team. I saw the same team that I did last year, JFM still being a detriment on defense, MLF abandoning the run, and Zack looking lost when the workload is thrusted on his shoulder.

I’m shocked that Wilson can be so sloppy with the ball, like he has not matured mentally yet and accepted that in the nfl you have to be boring as a QB, Even when he has time I get nervous that he’s going to make a mistake.

That being said going against Bellicheat we know he will make you earn the victory, honestly I never felt like the game was completely out of hand but I did feel like Jets needed a couple of big plays and simply didn’t make them.

#59 Red Menace, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    Nyjets4eva, ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  20. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

I’m concerned they’re going to put White in during the Buffalo game, he’s going to get wrecked. Then we’re right back to Wilson.