Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

agreed

2. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

this guy runs around like a maniac with his pants on fire every pass he makes. how can we expect him to succeed when he can't stay in the pocket for more than 1 second before he starts shitting himself and ruining every play. he must have run 3 miles today, behind the line of scrimmage, and hardly ever runs for positive yards. this kid was meant for Hollywood, not the NFL. Move on already.

3. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I agree RB. Zach had a poor game but if you made a pie chart of the blame shares Frankin Myers gets the biggest slice by far. That penalty was absolutely soul crushing. And he's a repeat offender this season. He derailed the Bengals game with a totally avoidable roughing the passer as well.

He's a talented guy but after today I'm not even sure I want him on the team to be honest.

Br4d, JetFanInNE and papapump like this.
  4. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

The kid (Zach Wilson) is absolutely terrified on the field. He's playing completely scared.

I think we all realize that when pressure is closing in and your quarterback immediately pivots into a nervous breakdown...well, that's not too good.

rinvesto likes this.
  5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

He’s panicking and leaving the pocket even when he doesn’t have to

BrowningNagle, Vida, papapump and 2 others like this.
  6. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

Yes sir, he most definitely is...and that's because he's scared shitless out on the field.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Fighter jet without a pilot?

Centiment and JackBower like this.
  8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Pilot (OC) and Co pilot (QB).

Our co pilot is equivalent to when a celebrity sits in the back seat and vomits all over themselves.

9. stinkyB

I would say it's the other way around....

OC is more of a navigator /flight planner. QB is in the driver seat....

Jetfanmack likes this.
  10. stinkyB

So you're saying he's an idiot and can't process what's going on on the field in his second season?

sozopol likes this.
  11. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

All 3 interceptions are on him. All were HORRIBLE.

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Quarterback pulls all the strings. Offensive coordinator can tell Zach what to do, but OC can't control whether or not Zach actually does it.

Of course, the plan could be bad, too, but I think our issues are more with the driver, not the planner.

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There's nothing at all early about a season and a half.

REVISion likes this.
  14. JetsKickAss

I've been a Zach defender. I'm not a guy to rant here or on Twitter or call in to WFAN or Michael Kay. I try and see the glass half-full. I know about the OL and other key injuries.

But I said at the time of the 2021 draft I thought we should keep Sam Darnold and trade the #2 overall pick to SanFran for a huge hoard, probably what they gave up to Miami plus a bit more. Shanahan LOVED Wilson (I have no idea why) and Saleh/JD could have really gotten a killer package for the pick. Add those picks to Darnold, and with today's team, we're light-years better.

No, I don't think Darnold is a franchise QB, either. But Mark Sanchez sure as hell wasn't and we went to 2 AFC CG with him. All you needed from Darnold (and with Zach) is slightly-better-than-average QB play. Then you have a SHOT to go deep and MAYBE win or get to a Super Bowl.

If drafting or developing a franchise QB was easy, then all those Top 5 picks used on QBs would have turned out better instead of a 25-30% success rate, if that.

I had never heard of Zach Wilson before late-2020 and early-2021.
    He was 1 of 3 QBs on BYU his Junior Year. I heard of Mac Jones, Jalen Hurts and Tua, CJ Stroud, and of course Trevor Lawrence all before their Senior Years and their respective drafts (forthcoming draft for CJ). No, I'm not a guy who lives and dies with college football but if I know about a QB BEFORE the draft he's going in or better yet his Senior year, chances are he's legit and has a decent shot to be a decent QB, if not a franchise QB. When you are co-equal with 2 other guys your junior year and then all of NY learns about you in late-2020 and early-2021, something is wrong. And BYU isn't an unknown school, like Malik Willis with tiny Liberty U. (Jerry Falwell's school). Hell, even Steve Young who went to BYU didn't seem to think Zach was a 1st round pick, let alone 2nd overall.

What I feared was true is apparently happening again:
    the draft cognescenti pump up someone and he's overhyped and overdrafted. Vernon Ghoulston, DeWayne Robertson, Dee Millner, Ron Faurot, Lam Jones, Mike Haight, Blair Thomas, etc.. etc...etc....etc.

#1014 JetsKickAss, Oct 30, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    Pepsiguy5 and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  15. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

really well put. Honestly, if he want to dance that much just tell him to tuck it and go. If he gets hurt…out of our control but he’s going to hurt himself or teammates by dancing like a maniac every time he passes

JetsKickAss likes this.
  16. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

What’s scary is a scout and GM watch game film on him and still can’t tell he sucks

JetsKickAss likes this.
  17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Connor Hughes goes off on Zach Wilson. Is Connor wearing a clip on tie?

IIMeanDeanII and JetsKickAss like this.
  18. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Agreed. I said the same thing. I will still stick by it. JD/Saleh missed out on a franchise changing haul of picks to really rebuild this team quickly with exciting young talent. JD did great so far, imagine what we have with 3 more 1sts and 2nds.

It was the biggest mistake JD made, and I said it you have to play high stakes poker to win in the NFL as perpetual loser franchise. Rams style. You gotta go all in on a winning plan with conviction. No hedging your bets. ZW/#2 was the most tradeable pick in a generation. Massive haul to continually develop the young talent on this team for the next half decade or more.

ouchy and JetsKickAss like this.
  19. JetsKickAss

You wonder if the deciding factor in going with Zach over Darnold was having to pay Darnold semi-big $$$. He wouldn't have merited or even asked for $35-$40 MM a year....but probably mid-to-upper $20's. And if his agent got greedy there was always the Franchise Tags.

The fact that JD and Saleh never cut Darold loose right away but kept us all on pins and needles on a decision shows me they really didn't think Zach was much of an upgrade over Darnold. He was THEIR guy and would be cheaper the next 3 years. That's it.

I said pay Darnold...bleep the cap hit if you have to pay him $25-$30 MM....get 4 or 5 premium picks from SanFran.
    If Sam played for us 10 years....he'd have 1 or 2 great years......1 or 2 bad years....and 5 or 6 OK/Decent years. You can WIN with that.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  20. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Sam was going to be cheap for two years with the 5th year option. $18M cap hit. Then you could see if worth paying him. But yes, you probably don’t option and end up releasing or franchise. But with those picks, GM Sam would have been more than fine to make us very competitive this year.

JetsKickAss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.