Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Said it when he was coming out and I'll say it again. Accuracy. The difference between a pro and a schmo. Zach's a schmo.

Get me the Damn Ball and Jets69 like this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This game is on Zach. We were up 10-3 towards end of first half and he overthrows and causes and INT. Pats luckily get only a FG out of it and we go inside 10-6.

This throw gets in his head and he throws 2 more.

I feel bad for the family sitting in front of me today. I went full balistic and used tons of F words around kids. Not my proud moment. But Zach shit the bed today beyond reasonable standards. JFM's late hit was dumb and momentum changer but Zach came out to second half without shaking the INT he threw end of first half and it caused us the game.

Control your nerves Zach. Shit happens. You threw an INT. Move on... Play smart ball second half. Nope. Zach has to shit the bed. Geez

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Fixing mechanics is an off-season process, since it takes a lot of dropbacks and throws not under pressure to make the changes needed.

Unfortunately with the modern CBA's the team cannot be part of this process. ZW is going to have to go and get a Jordan Palmer-Sam Mussabini type coach on his own and pay him and then really listen to him to make the changes that need to be made.

Josh Allen did this between his second and third seasons and became great. However Josh Allen was built like Tarzan to begin with and just needed to fix his mechanics and get rid of his inner Jane.

4. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Zach is Zach. Brilliant few and far between. Sucks overall

Snatch Catch and Jets69 like this.
  5. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

That's not a fair assessment, stats alone don't make the game. Why do WRs run decoy routes? Those don't show up on the stat line, but it opens up other routes. Running the ball sets up the passing game. Regardless if it's 3.2ypc or 6ypc, the defense has to respect the run (especially when you have a guy like Carter who is capable of making chicken salad out of chicken shit). There is a reason only 2 other teams ran 15 times or less; both losses.

They need to run the ball. Everyone in that building knows ZW is the weak link on offense, and that's the best way to support him right now. This was essentially a one score game, you balance the offense. I don't know about you, but I'd rather be in a 3rd and 4 than a 3rd and 10.

6. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

That 4th and 5 was when he threw the ball to the goal line for Conklin, jumping off one leg for an incompletion and turn over on downs. He could have EASILY run right up the middle for at least 10 yards.

It’s that lack of “feel” that concerns me. Again, growing pains are expected, but you have to have an innate sense to be a successful qb. I worry Zach doesn’t have that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I really didn't care for that? Seems very nonchalant almost as if he doesn't care. He's not taking responsibility as far as I'm concerned. His reputation was on the line and he failed miserably....

mrmajix likes this.
  8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

It is heart breaking that this team never gets it right at QB - I know that the position is really difficult to play - easily the most difficult position in all team sports - but you would think they would've got it right once after rolling the dice so many times - its sickening when teams like the packers get Favre and then move straight from him to Rodgers without skipping a beat when the Jets can't get one good QB in half a century - I wonder what it is like to support a team where you don't spend every week waiting for your QB to screw it up rather than being the guy that could win you the game.

9. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

He's just a lazy and indisciplined thrower who has gotten away with relying on superior arm talent against inferior defenders and therefore cemented a lot of bad habits. He does so much wrong, and can't seem to anticipate and see the opportunities unfold and he doesn't throw from a consistent platform/footwork at all. He similarly missed Conklin on a sure TD on 4th down throw becuase he's playing playground ball and throwing off his back foot/off-platform.

Acad23 and Br4d like this.
  10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

He is not a franchise QB - never looked like one before he got drafted and hasn't ever looked like he could be one since - I know the FO fell in love with him but it always seemed like a really bad move by the team - I guess they were just desperate to move on from Darnold (another terrible top 3 QB pick by this team)

Vida, teamgreen and jets_fan like this.
  11. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

If I'm the Jets after having watched the last few games I actually think I'd strongly consider pulling him for next week. Not to punish or because "we know he sucks" but rather as a means of taking an in season breather and getting his shit back together. This guy is still pretty young, he missed a lot of preseason and the early real season games. Announce tomorrow that Zach is shut down for next week, Mike White gets to prepare for the Bills. Then you get the bye week and give Zach a chance to go right back after New England again.

Honestly what better way is there to give him a chance to right the ship?

I think we can all pretty much agree at this point that the chances are high and getting higher all the while that he's not really a long term solution. But he's obviously got some talent and I feel like there is still a chance at salvage here.

Cman68 and Frenbar like this.
  12. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Pretty much sums it up here. This was something that the FO should have been able to see coming a mile away. The quicker they decide to at least bring someone in to challenge him for the job, if not outright take it from him, the quicker we can stop squandering the rest of the talent on this team and begin competing for something more than being involved in meaningful October football games.

Br4d and Jets69 like this.
  13. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

JMF was an absolute terrible play. Then come out of half time, why not kick it out of end zone, defense gives up the TD. Then Zach starts pressing and we don’t run any quick passes. Shit all around. Bottom line if JFM doesn’t be a bone head, Jets win.

wewantsapp, Vida and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Well with any luck Zach will take to Twitter and demand to be traded, any he'll get benched.

In all seriousness why this team still throws him out there every Sunday, is on the brain trust, it's clearly obvious, he's a complete bust, pull the plug salvage your dignity and throw someone else out there

15. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

It’s hard to run the ball when you’re averaging less than 3 ypc before the Carter 11 yard run early 4th. They were fine with a heavy pass game plan and the receivers were open plenty. Zach just needs to stop sucking and play better. If we had even average Qb play, this is a win. Zach is holding the team back right now.

16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

but it would be winning despite our QB not because of him - we will never have consistent success until we get a QB that is consistently a top 10 player (which means we will never have consistent success as this team cannot sort the QB position)

sad thing is if we still had Geno Smith he would be out performing Wilson by a mile!

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is pretty obvious to anybody who watches him for awhile.

Why are the professionals on the Jets allowing this to continue when it is clear that he is unable at this point to do the things he needs to do to be an NFL QB?

He does other things that are insane too, like retreating under pressure and whirling and turning his back on the field of play often in the process. You can't do that regularly in the NFL without giving up yards you can't afford to give up.

18. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

The absolute best case realistic scenario I can see with Zach Wilson at this point is him playing well enough towards the end of the year that Douglas can work his magic and trade him for useful picks.

Because the way things are going, they might just have to cut him if they want to move on.

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

because he was the #2 overall draft pick and no-one wants to admit they totally screwed the pick so soon after throwing away the #3 pick on Darnold - they are just desperately hoping that the light suddenly goes on

Cman68, Vida and Jets79 like this.
  20. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

ZW sucked, no argument. But, you don't give up running the ball after 15 carries. You give up when you're out of the game, and they were in the game almost the entire time. Rushing 15 times is a recipe for a loss, that's all I'm getting at. The Pats give up over 120 yards rushing per game, we're not talking about the Bills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.