Does Chad even have a chance of beating NE

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by XNOUGHT, Jan 7, 2007.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Chad has the right to make every call in the playbook. He is a veteran QB who has the trust and the O completely in his hands. It was dumb in Miami in the rain and it was dumb today. You want to blame a rookie LT up against it that's okay. I would be willing to bet you money that Shot didn't design that to be a lateral but a forward pass. If a WR makes a wrong read and the QB is looking right at it should he just throw the INT because that was his read or should a veteran QB who is making the call adjust.

2. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

Well, that's awesome. Supplant the order of things on every NFL sideline - OC calls the play, QB executes - with what you, winstonbiggs, are "willing to bet". It's a suspect conclusion reached by bad, terribly bad logic.

And by the way, you're damned right D'Brick gets part of the blame. You enjoy going on about how the Jets won't get anywhere at Chad's level of play, but it's an amazingly hypocritical argument when you refuse to hold our starting, 1st-round left tackle to the same level of responsibility Belichick holds his starting, first round DT. The kid has played 17 NFL games, and he should bloody well know the rules of NFL football.

There are 11 guys on offense, not just Chad. Your argument is tremendously opportunistic.

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I just wish for once you could be objective. To say that Pennington lost the game by throwing that pick when the Jets needed two TD's in 5 minutes to tie at that point just shows that you just don't like Pennington and will blame him no matter what. Very insightful.

4. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

I believe he was talking about the lateral pass.

Either way it was still a stupid statement.

5. winstonbiggs

I don't think Chad has held this team back at all in fact I think he is one of the key guys who took us to a 10 win season. Read my post where did I say Chad has held us back? You think Chad executed a beautiful wide reciever screen that D'Brick blew up. I think he threw a lateral when it was suppossed to go forward and it killed us at the moment. We disagree, I don't think your a hypocrite for wanting to blame Shot and D'Brick I don't even think your a Chad defender, I think you see it totally differnt than I did.

6. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Pretty poor rant overall, not to mention the fact that you're not even talking about the right play.

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

You and I just disagree. I see a QB that has played three full seasons and led average Jet teams to the playoffs in each of those three seasons.

How many pro-bowl players have the Jets had since 2002?? Martin, Mawae, Vilma . Am I missing anybody. This is not a team that has been loaded with talent. If Pennington can win 10 games with teams like he has been on, he can easily win 12-13 on a team with a strong OL, a running game, and a strong defense. QB play did not lose the game today, but it did play a huge role in keeping the Jets in the game and getting the Jets into the playoffs. Again.

8. winstonbiggs

I agree he can but unfortunately we are in the same division as NE and they have all those things plus Brady. Hopefully we will get strong enough in other areas to compensate for it and you will be proved right.

9. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

As I recall the Jets beat the Pats at NE this season.

10. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

That was lovely.

11. Joe Willie White Shoes

If you mean the lateral, my rant becomes this - why didn't any Jet play the whistle and jump on the ball? Colvin made a great play and beat Ferguson and the ball is sitting at the feet of a few Jets and they just stood there. That play was hardly Pennington's fault or, at worst, there were others that were more to blame than him.

12. winstonbiggs

You're absolutely right you have to jump on that ball but I believe their reaction was what it was because the play was never intended to be a lateral, they all thought it was an incomplete forward pass.

13. 3rdAnd15Draw

Pennington is the guy with the ball in his hands. If it was a forward pass it would've been bad enough but the fact that Pennington threw a lateral makes it absolutely inexcusable. I'm not going to believe that play was designed to have the ball thrown backwards.

14. BenGrahamFan

BenGrahamFan Member

Cotchery was standing a yard behind Chad, you don't lead a guy on a screen like that. And I also remember you killed him for leading Washington on a similar play when he got hit hard in Miami. Funny how your opinion changes to suit your argument.

15. 3rdAnd15Draw

Nope. I killed him for throwing both passes. Neither play had a chance of anything good happening.

16. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Cotchery was a full yard behind the LOS. People talk about Pennington putting his receivers in harm's way, if he throws that ball forward, Cotchery gets absolutely crushed by a DB.

17. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I have to give some blame to Schottenheimer on the backwards pass...I think that was the THIRD time he called that play, all to Cotchery. That's too much man, these little hitch screens are fine for one play but attempting it a 3rd time? Colvin made a good play, but I blame the play selection there...

18. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Sounds like a guy I remember named Elway. They got him a sweet running game and they brought home the goods. :)

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

Take a look at the play again and tell me where Cotchery is standing to catch the pass. Isn't a QB supposed to throw the ball TO the receiver???? I guess Pennington should have thrown it two yards upfield even though Cotchery was a yard or two behind Pennington??? You are just unbelievalbe. I know that Pennington has had his down moments this year, but he played very very well today and that play was not his fault. If you play sports at all, you know that you play until you hear a whistle. I coach youth sports and I would be unhappy if the 7th graders I coach stopped playing before the whistle blew, let alone highly paid professionals.

20. 3rdAnd15Draw

He should've thrown it anywhere that wasn't into the arms of a waiting LB standing a few feet away from him.