Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Problem is Flacco may get killed behind this line. Worth the risk at this point.

2. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Start Streveler we seen what the other two can do, might as well give him a look too since we are playing a high school QB rn. And please trade Moore this offensive play calling by MLF is offensive I see why he wants out for his own good

Jets69 likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is probably as much a function of who ZW looks at and where they are in the progression as anything else.

Who is regularly coming back to help him out?

Who is running the second look in his progression?

He clearly does not utilize his first read because he's often scrambling with his back to the play when the first read should be coming open.

4. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

10 snaps for Moore. 15 Rushes all game (edit, forgot Johnson). They didn't plan to win this game.

#864 rockyusmc2003, Oct 30, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    Lon Chaney likes this.
  5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I don't know exactly whose fault it is, as that would take a deep dive into the tape and I'm not wasting that much of my time watching film of Wilson and Moore trying to figure out who is at fault. It's probably a little bit of everyone, though, just on a gut feel. Still, I have no amount of empathy for a guy who decides to make it all about himself when the TEAM is in the middle of its best stretch of football in a decade. Sorry, if you're looking for me to feel sorry for you because you're not getting your targets, that's not how to get a good number of people on board with you. Actually thought it was hilarious today that Mims made more of an impact.

JohnnyP123456, Jojo, papapump and 3 others like this.
  6. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

Moore's kind of non response to the question of: "Is it possible to catch balls in this offense if the first read is covered?" (paraphrasing a bit)

Moore seemed to indicate that the current starting QB can't see the field even with binoculars on.

Jets69 likes this.
  7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'd rather keep ZW in there vs Buff and take the off week to prepare either Strev or White for week 11 if its obvious we need a change.

8. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

I hear you, but this kid is going to get destroyed next week.

9. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Serious question, what does this CS feel are ZW strengths, based on what they see in practice and games? I truly do not see gameplays surrounding what they feel his strengths are, unless the shorter/quicker routes they run in practice he's terrible at. Moore can and should be a dynamic playmaker and for the life of me, it's astounding they can't figure out a way to make him visible. I get it, Flacco is old as dirt and his lack of mobility is a non-starter, but when given time he makes this offense run like a legit NFL offense...

10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Its crazy that he isn't getting more touches. Even the manufactured ones GW gets. Jet sweeps. Something! Not sure how much is on MLF and how much ZW, but given how little he's looked at, I have to think MLF has a big part.

But they might as well trade the guy if they're not gonna use him.

Cman68 and wewantsapp like this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Moore might be pissed and rightfully so, but he made a huge mistake by demanding a trade. That red flag cannot be ignored for future plans.

JetFanInPA likes this.
  12. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

LOL, isn't that what we said about SAM...

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

No, Zach should not sit next week. They still need to give him 9 games to prove he should be the QB next year.

Moore should be traded.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

15. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

haha--and your point is? Really, it'll take that to move Saleh's hand

Cman68 likes this.
  16. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Great question, MLF doesn't seem to know either. He's really trending to be one of our worst coordinators

Cman68 and papapump like this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The roster is playoff ready - the quarterback is not. It’s not hard to see.

The interceptions are terrible but I can live with that to an extent. The 4-5 horrible high misses with wide open receivers and a clean pocket is what gets me.

Acad23, Jets79, HomeoftheJets and 3 others like this.
  18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

This is a near team offense failure. Make no mistake ZW was bad in the second half, but whos game plan was this? MLF. If anyone sits here and says he called a good game, youre blind. Hes been terrible all season. Oline was atrocious. But im gonna say this, were on back olup of back ups. Hard to be consistent when any of these pieces arent working let alone when all 3 fail in a single game.

ZW has played 18 games, he needs time to develop. College QBs rarely come in the leauge an light it up, doesnt matter where they are drafted. TL is struggling in Jacksonville and has a few games thay look like ZW, nobody is calling him a bust. NFL QB is hard and takes time

MLF is just too inexperienced to lead this offense. He is not good at all. Im sorry hes bad.

Oline is what it is now. But for your OC to know you just lost another Oline and throw it that much.......thats on him as much as ZW.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Zach had a chance to step up, instead he took a step back. Lots of fuel for the "I Hate Zach Wilson Club". But I don't think one game is going to end his career. In a way, he needed a game like this, to be turned loose and make mistakes and hopefully learn from them.

There were others who made some big mistakes but Zach's were the killers and were mistakes he definitely should not be making at this point. I'll still support him, but I'm not going to defend the indefensible.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.