2022 - Week 8: New York Jets vs New England Patriots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 23, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2022.
  1. Jets

62.7%
  2. Patriots

37.3%
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

How long realistically before the changes are made?

This is the NFL. What you are looking at one year tends to degrade by the next and become unrecognizable over a multi-year span.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]

Noam likes this.
  3. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Great tailgate! Jets …not so good.

Calling back the pick 6 took the wind out of the Jets sails.

Back to being SOJ.

dmw, Jojo and Noam like this.
  4. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

This was a winnable game. A game to prove that the last 4 games weren't a fluke. Well, ZW has proved today that it was a fluke.

Vida, Jojo and KY Jets Fan like this.
  5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Bad play from Wilson, pass heavy plan(51 rush yards)), missed fg, lopsided time of possession, great starting field position for NE most of the game, and 2 questionable, but you should know better, costly penalties involving the qb.

Jojo likes this.
  6. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

John Franklin Myers took it upon himself to spot the Pats 10 points by taking away a TD and adding a NE field goal and ZWilson had an absolutely wretched game.

I'm not sure how you blame MLF for him today.

Very disappointing.

Also... that penalty on Mosley for... whatever it was when he stopped Mac Jones to force a punt? I'm not saying the Jets didn't earn this loss otherwise but holy crap that was an awful call. My gosh.

dmw, Jets79 and Jojo like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Saleh is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Zach... can I pull your car around for you?

Snatch Catch likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good points. I absolutely blame JFM for an irresponsible and unnecessary penalty that cost us ten points. And he has done that before. But the blame does not stop there.
    Zach is running for his life and when rattled he makes mistakes. They know that, we know that, yet we are doing fuck all to help the kid with a better game plan.Not getting Moore more involved was criminal. I am convinced Zach would be far further along with better coaching. period. The OL sucks against the pass, yet our game plane is to open up the long pass.
    Look at the opposition, Jones was no different than Zach with arguably at least three passes that should have been or were interceptions, yet the difference in coaching strategy at the half was massive.
    It was crystal clear BB told his team in no uncertain terms run the fucking ball effectively and often if you want to win against this D. Instead, we slowly but surely started giving up the run, did not play smash mouth football offensively and paid the price.
    I fully recognize Zach needs to play smarter, but the CS needs to get their head out of their ass offensively, and Saleh needs to step in and force a change in philosophy with MLF.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  9. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I definitely think Saleh can be worked around if the talent continues to accumulate. The mindless and unprofessional/undisciplined penalties show no sign of slowing down, but he's not all bad; he does some things well. And if there's not a black hole in the org pulling the positive gains made elsewhere into the void and crushing them to infinity, Saleh can potentially helm a winner.

Zach Wilson, in what he's shown us, cannot.

10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It might have even been a 17 point penalty as instead of leading 17-3 we were down 13-10 the next time we got the ball. I think there was a lot of momentum that carried over from that penalty into the Pats 1st drive of the second half. It was a very SoJ type of penalty that took the team a long time to recover from.

dmw and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It’s funny, this was the first time in a very long time I was actually expecting a win.

Pepsiguy5, Br4d and papapump like this.
  12. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Was at the game today. Plenty of new England fans in my section. Second half we came out flat and lost. Coaches have trouble making adjustments. Zach still looks horrible at times

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I don't know how anyone could have thought the Jets were going to win this game (really not looking forward to the trip to foxboro where they will get annihilated)

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Actually they have two ass kickins coming. Buffalo next Sunday then the next game in Foxboro. 5-6

15. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Per Rich Cimini

"Pressured a season-high 16 times by the Patriots, according to ESPN Stats & Information research, he sounded exasperated that he was on the run so much. It sounded liked veiled criticism of his pass protection."

Douglas has got to trade for a quality line backer to at least give Zach a fighting chance and to truly evaluate if the kid is the Jets franchise QB or not.

LAJet likes this.
  16. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

You make some good points.

Listening to talk radio in Boston, the media is always blaming the coaching staff for Mac Jone's deficiencies. He is always the victim. I am not saying he sucks, but he is definitely not a franchise QB. The dumb know it all Boston media think he is a franchise QB.

Br4d likes this.
  17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

So far this season, the Jets have played better on the road.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  18. Patriot

I am not a big fan of the black helmet and uniform this year. One thing I did notice is the Jet players seem to blend in with the end zone color black on my TV. I would think this could affect the ability of a QB to see players in the end zone.

I truly believed the Jets would win this game. The defense put tremendous pressure on Jones and the Pats could not run effectively. Both teams had issues on their offensive lines. The roughing the passer call on the pick 6 did seem to deflate the Jets. I know Zack was under a lot of pressure, but some of his decision-making was simply stupid. Someone might want to remind him that Devin McCourty plays for the Pats, not the Jets!

JetsKickAss likes this.
  19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

That's why Bill is Bill.

20. Patriot

Brook, I appreciate your frustration. Just remember your Yankees were kicking our Red Sox asses for a much longer time.

The unnecessary roughness penalty on Mosley was a horrible call. Fortunately, that call did not result in the Pats scoring. However, the Roughing the passer call on Myers nullifying the pick 6 was huge! The score would have been 17-3 instead of 10-6. The announcers claimed Myers launched himself and hit Jones in the head area. This is bull and the replay shows Jones being hit in the shoulder instead of the head. The protecting of the QB has simply ruined the game. Yes, I am a Patriot fan but that call as a football fan makes me sick. The fact the Patriots had 19 unanswered points after that call simply illustrates the deflating nature of that call. Perhaps this illustrates the Jet's inability to deal with adversity (bad call).

Both teams could not establish a running game at all. Sure the Pats rushed for 127 yards, but 35 of those yards was due to a 35-yard run late in the game. The Jet's defense sacked Mac Jones 6 times showing how dominant their front 7 was (very impressive). However, post-game gum-chewing Wilson did not help the Jet's cause at all with his horrific interceptions. I think Zack really needs to learn game management because he is simply ignorant. What bothers me is his attitude afterward like he is really a franchise QB. I think he is spoiled and should be benched for not protecting the football.

This game was brutal to watch and at times it appeared both teams did not want to win this game. As a fan also of the Jets I am very disappointed. They really should have won this game and they pissed it away.

Hopefully, when they come to Foxboro, a better Jet team will show up.