Here's What Cost the Jets the Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

He could have made it size 50 and that still would be the case!

2. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

first, whats with all the large fonts, its annoying. The bottom line is that our defense isn't that good. We can't stop the run and we don't have a legitimate pass rusher. Our offense played pretty well considering we don't have a running game. I'm still happy with what we accomplished this year. Lets just get back to work and hope we get a good draft pick and maybe make a trade or two.

3. The U

The U Member

Why so he could have gained 2 yards per carry?

4. NamathDays

NamathDays New Member

Over and over Tom Brady's ability to put together those clock killing drives that mostly result in points, one way or the other, has proved to be the Patriots greatest edge over us. He always makes those long 3d downs.
    We will be a much more dangerous team next year with 28 Mill cap cushion and only Clements scheduled to go free and unsigned. I'm pretty pleased with what I see ahead.

5. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

yeah, but they had to keep baker in for protection.

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I agree 100%....the frequency of calling that play is a result of Chads limited passing ability...Im not knocking chad here, but its true...that play must be thrown out

7. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

I thought this also, I DVRed the game and went back to watch a lot of it, especially key plays. In Ellis' defense, they were doubling him and rolling protections his way A LOT. They learned from the previous meeting where Ellis had a very strong showing. Yes he could have made some more plays, but he was absoring two blockers on many snaps, and that helps too.

The Jets do need a pass rusher bad, they can't blitz like that all the time because they need to be able to play in more packages and disguise even further what theyre doing. All the blitzing leaves them very susceptable to a big play (i.e. the dump pass to Faulk for the TD.

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Basically, this team is just not good on either side of the line - as I have feared all along. Anyone who thinks this team needs to draft an RB on the coming draft is simply delusional. Again, this team has to go heavy on the trenches. Since they haven't gone defense on last draft, it's only right to go to DT and OLB during this year's draft. Also, inspite of what's-his-face's compliments a week ago, the right side of the offensive line was completely demolished just about all day. RG and RT must be addressed.

As long as they don't upgrade the line, the running game will suffer like they have suffered this year - and this in turn means the passing game will be as limited as it ever was this season. Also it means futile red-zone offense.

#48 Zach, Jan 7, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  9. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, all season long we have not been able to stop the run consistantly. We have also not been able to run the ball consistantly. This is what cost us this game. This is why I never figured that we would go to the Super Bowl. We must give our coaching staff 3 years to build a winner. We have just made it through year 1. How many of you figured that we would make it this far? I know I didn't (honestly, I said that if we won 8 games, I'd be dancing in the street. My best friend made me do it today. Boy did I get alot of strange looks from the drivers that passed by) These are problems that will be addressed in ther Draft and thru free agency. Don't forget we are 28 Million under the cap with only ONE free agent starter. The future is looking bright. :beer:

10. Sean_in_titletown

not a single back ran rampid on NE all year. I think Leon, scat back types have the most sucess against them... NE just has a really strong front 7...