Jets 2.5 points underdogs against the Pats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Good. Keep disrespecting the Jets.

Not that I have any particularly great faith that the Jets will beat the Pats (it's one of those things that, after two decades of being beaten down by them, I need to actually see it to believe it), but how in the world does a team that's 5-2 and riding a four game winning streak home underdogs to a team that just got annihilated by the Chicago Bears?

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The NFL is a week to week league. The Pats go into Cleveland and blowout the Browns. Then they get beat badly by the Bears at home. I wouldn't be shocked if NE plays well this week. This will be a close game. I agree with you that the Jets shouldn't be underdogs here. If anything I would have the Jets favored by 3. But Vegas thinks differently.

cval and PJ4Ever like this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Vegas first priority is not just who will win the game and by how much, but more importantly to factor in fans preference and how fans will bet a given game. The key to them is to get a spread with close to fifty/fifty action. Traditionally, there is tons of action for NE no matter what, but particularly after a loss. So they will consistently adjust the spread against NE to even the action.
    But that should be a hell of a motivator for our players to be extremely focused and play with a chip on their shoulders.

6. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I haven’t worried about the spread all season w the jets. I take them on ML like I have the last 4 games and I’m riding it again. Jets straight up

KingRoach and Acad23 like this.
  7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Sounds correct...another coin flip... Cannot disregard hisTory... We eked out 2. Fileds beat them withnhis legs

8. Losmeister

The odds of our o being wonky are high. Odds of our d being good. Pretty good.

9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

It should be higher than 1.5.

I enjoyed watch the pats get thumped on Monday night. Really going to enjoy it when we're the ones doing the thumping.

papapump and mrjet80 like this.
  10. Brook!

Line moved to Pats -2.5

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I hope it keeps moving...

FJF likes this.
  12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Injuries to Breece and Vera-Tucker. Plus, you know Bill is pissed they (betting public) probably think NE has a bounce back game. They did go to Cleveland and gave the Browns a beatdown. This is probably why the money is coming in on NE.

Jets79 likes this.
  13. Brook!

Thanks Greg. Sent you a PM regarding parking this Sunday. Can you take a look and let me know?

14. Losmeister

line moved cos Mac is FULLY AVAILABLE?

Ralebird likes this.
  15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I prefer playing with a chip on our collective shoulder and being underestimated by the league.

When we were road favorites against Denver it made me nervous that we would fall into the trap.

abyzmul, Acad23 and Jets79 like this.
  16. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Tack that on to all of the other motivation they should have to beat the heck out of the Pats on Sunday. 5-2 team on a winning streak at home against a 3-4 team coming off a bad loss is an underdog. Love it. That's a gift from Vegas to the Jets for extra motivation

17. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

when in history did the sauce get toasted by Mac Jones. these obviously arent the SOJ. they are the new and improved Jets. the bettors has the Jets losing every game this year.

Lam

Losmeister and KingRoach like this.
  18. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

We have been beaten so badly by this NE regime for so long that imho, this is the most important game this franchise has played in a decade. Same old Jets lose and get embarassed, and continue to get disrespected throught the league. If we really have turned a corner like 99.99% of us think, then we win this (home) game against this not so great Pats team and begin to see the respect that we all crave so much. I am not confident against Bellicheat and think we lose.

19. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Good, the Jets have won four straight as the underdogs in Vegas. I'm not sure if its that or the black pants that are causing the streak, so its best not to tamper with either.

20. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Mac starts for the Pats. The last 10 games he has gone 3-6 with 10 TDs 13 INTs, 219 yds/game (excluding the last one he didn't finish)