Your Opinion Changes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 25, 2022.

1. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Before the season: Loved Joe D, Neutral on Mike LeFleur, undecided on Zach, Leaning against Saleh and Neutral on Ulbrich.

After 7 weeks: I now love Joe D more (I credit him with the roster turn around), I love Saleh (I credit him with the massive culture change--he's the one in the player's ears every day), leaning toward Ulbrich, neutral Mike LeFleur (I remember Hackett and Schottenheimer--- frequent poor play calling is still much better than constant terrible play calling) and I'm okay with Zach-- he's taking care of the ball, and doing enough right now, he shows real skills, and there's plenty of time for him to get better.

ColoradoContrails, NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I liked this Post because you have the Guts to be Contrarian NC in the face of a mini winning streak the Jets are having and prob will continue by beating a suspect NE team on Sunday

In particular the comments about MLF eg the issues he brings about with Mims and Moore. For you its Talent trumping scheme and I get that.

Perhaps when the Jets hit a wall against the Elite AFC or NFC teams or get stonewalled if we make the playoffs the Coaching will come more into question

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Here's my take:

The Post Title is correct..things change and they change weekly!!

So Ask me about the whole Parade come week 17 why dontcha? ;)

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

With or without beer?

5. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Before: Had utmost respect for JD; Cold & lukewarm on Saleh; Liked Boyer; Patient with Zach; Coldish on MLF; & Ulbrich's just a mystery, is he the real coordinator, or just implementing Saleh-vision.

Now: JD is just below God; Hot & Lukewarm on Saleh; Infatuated with Boyer; Trying to be patient with Zach; Warm on MLF's ability to design plays... Cold on how he uses the talent he has... & disappointed in his ability to develop players; & Ulbrich's just a mystery, is he the real coordinator, or just implementing Saleh-vision.

K'OB likes this.
  6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Before: Loved JD, liked MLF, bullish on Zach, liked Saleh, hated Ulbrich.

Now: Love JD, like MLF more, neutral on Zach, love Saleh, like Ulbrich.

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I remember some of us, day in and day out, defending Douglas for dismantling the team he inherited. “Burning it all down”.

I remember when people were beating Douglas up for not breaking the bank to surround Darnold with overpriced free agent weapons. They buried him for his OL moves that didn’t work out (warranted). Killed him for letting Da Sun God go. Questioned the Seattle trade. Crapped on his drafts (ok some of that was also warranted).

Opinions certainly have changed.

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Right now I feel better about JD but still feel shaky about the Becton and Zach draft picks.

He has a former defensive coordinator as head coach and has done a good job building the defense.

I thought he was nuts to take Garrett Wilson with the holes I thought we had on defense but that seems to be the right call.

I really like our current group of skill players.

Aside from moving up for AVT it seems that his plan for the offensive line is duct tape.

You can say that free agents don't want to come here but this is an area where watching the pennies will get your QB killed.

Not a fan of Saleh as the team just commits too many penalties and the receipts comment showed weakness.

I thought Lafleur threw too much early in the season but our OL may have just been inept at run blocking before we made some changes to personnel.

Right now both coordinators seem to be doing the best with the players they have.

Our defense will keep us in games but Zach needs to put on his big boy pants because our line is not going to be all that good unless JD does his magic before the trade deadline.

9. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Well, you've saved me the need to type this!:)

I loved Saleh from the off. I'm a real culture guy, I don't know the game well enough to be an Xs and Os guy. :D

Noam likes this.
  10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

By the post for some people.

11. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Before the season: Love Hymie, love JD, love Saleh, love MiLF, understood Ulbrich, cautiously optimistic with ZW, feel too many Jet’s fans actively look for reasons to complain

7 weeks in: same

12. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

That’s so crazy that JD would draft a QB that doesn’t fit the scheme. Major strike for JD.

stinkyB likes this.