Your Opinion Changes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Look Folks.... Opinions change you know. Here is mine and I wonder if you had any changes like myself. Why not share? :)

Before the season: I loved Joe D, I loved Mike LeFleur, undecided on Zach, hated Salah and hated Ulbrich.

After 7 weeks: I now love Joe D more, I love Salah, undecided on Ulbrich, iffy on Mike LeFleur and undecided on Zach.

Jojo likes this.
  2. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

My relationship with the Jets equates to that of a scorned lover......it's all over the map.

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I liked JD, Hoped Saleh would succeed, had doubts about MLF, disliked Ulbrich, big doubts about Wilson but willing to give him the season.

Still think JD is the best GM we have had fo a long time, Saleh is going to succeed, still have doubts about MLF, cut Ulbrich some slack but think Saleh has had his hand all over the D recently and Wilson is worrying me greatly.

PJ4Ever and mrjet80 like this.
  4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Before: Liked JD, liked MLF, neutral on Zach, disliked Saleh, hated Ulbrich.

Now: Like JD more, like MLF, bearish on Zach, neutral on Saleh, neutral on Ulbrich.

5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t worry greatly over Wilson. Still a work in progress. And if not JD would probably pull the plug especially if he feels the rest of the team is ready to compete for a championship.

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I said at the start of the season he gets to play right through this one and a decision should be made at the end as to if he has improved enough to back him into a third season like Sam.

Denver was awful, though his avoiding being sacked 910 times was impressive.

Jets79 and mrjet80 like this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Before , wanted to watch and see this thing throu 3 seasons
    Now , want to watch and see this thing through 3 seasons.

NYJFOREVER, dawinner127 and Attackett like this.
  8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I’ve definitely changed how I feel about saleh. Zach remains to be seen. I feel the way we are winning games is different and very non soj like. I f they can get the offense moving I think the jets will be a force. And at the end of the day, I’m still waiting and expecting to be kicked off a cliff. Inherent I guess

9. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Interesting that posters brag about how little they know about football.

Losmeister likes this.
  10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Mostly the same:

Before the season: Loved JD, liked Saleh, liked MLF, slightly to somewhat negative on Zach, neutral on Ulbrich.

Now: Love, adore and revere JD and think we should start building a statue of him after we extend him to a lifetime contract, love Saleh, love MLF, slightly negative to neutral on Zach but he has made substantial progress in many areas, sort of kind of like Ulbrich.

donkey likes this.
  11. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I have not changed my viewpoint on JD, Saleh, MLF, Ulbricht, or Zack.

I am a Jet fan. Seriously skeptical, but with a schmeer of Hope.

"There is nothing wrong with change, If it is in the right direction. To improve is to change, so to be perfect is to have changed often."

WC

AndyDrums likes this.
  12. Brook!

We are humans my friend. Knowing football or not knowing football is irrelevant if you are a fan. And where exactly do you see bragging if you don't mind me asking?

Sec124DieHard, ukjetsfan and Ralebird like this.
  13. impure

impure Well-Known Member

Before season- wanted to see more of all to form an opinion

now: Like JD done a good job on drafts and dealing with outrageous amount of injuries, Like Saleh it took him a season to settle, Ulbricht doing a good job as we have one the best defenses in league

Jury still out on MLF and Zach. And I don’t think we can really judge much from this season. OL is decimated, Zach is running for his life, the Offense is going to be trash.

Noam likes this.
  14. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I
    don't claim to be a football expert
    I don't claim to be a football expert but I do understand that talent plus experience usually means success. The Jets now have real players and the GM and coaching staff have a plan. Of course, fans want every play to be a TD but taking a longer view should add to the enjoyment of the game.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Before the season: Not a Saleh, LeFleur or Ulbrich fan. Neutral on Zach
    Now: Ulbrich, Saleh are good to go. Still neutral on Zach because he's only 18 games into his pro career. Not a fan of MLF.

16. Brook!

I hear you. All I was asking was if your pre-season opinion changed on coaches, GM and our QB. :)

17. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

100% how I feel

18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

This is a good thread.

I was saving judgment on Saleh. my biggest want was to see less blowout losses. I'm not sure anyone expected 4 wins in a row, and he has this young team committed and believing in each other. I also like how they handled the Moore situation.

Ulbrich I had my doubts, and to a certain degree I still do. I think the talent of the line and secondary are the real reason the D looks so good. They still struggle with the run and he doesn't seem to have any type of answer for 3rd/4th and a yard or 2.

Were in Zach's boat this year no matter what. Obviously he's struggled the past 2 weeks and really hasn't had a dominant game in his NFL career. He still has time to get it together, but the faster the jets start being consistent winners the shorter his window becomes. Could easily see a vet QB coming in and starting next year if there's no improvement.

MLF is a big concern. He has smartest guy in the room disease and just creates mind boggling decisions. Empty backfield on 4th down is hideous, and he doesn't use enough run variety until it's too late in the drive/down and distance. It's just run up the gut for minimal yards over and over and over and over again. The Jets also don't slant, which is mind boggling. If the response is Zach can't throw them my response is we don't see it enough to make that conclusion. If MLF thinks he's going to outsmart BB this week we probably won't even score 1 TD

Jets79 and Cman68 like this.
  19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I was happy certain people disappeared from the board. I am less happy now.

The Waterboy, FJF, stinkyB and 2 others like this.
  20. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I didn't dislike any of the major players/coaches/executives.

I was optimistic about the entire season especially after the draft. I have wavered a bit on Zach because I'm still waiting for him to to take the next step. That and he makes me nervous as a fan every time he has to go off book and tries to make something happen. He's not there yet.