2022 - Week 8: New York Jets vs New England Patriots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 23, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2022.
  1. Jets

62.7%
  2. Patriots

37.3%
  1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Jets coaching staff take note: Herbert and Montgomery ran the ball down the mouth of the Pats D tonight. We need to do the same. That being said, Fields managed the game VERY well tonight and made big plays all night when they needed him to whether with his arm or legs. Can Zach do the same?

SOJAZ, Cman68 and 50ShadesOfGreen like this.
  2. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Dear MLF: Copy the Bears game plan and don't outsmart yourself.

Patriot, NYJFOREVER, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  3. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly, don’t try to get too cute.

Cman68 likes this.
  4. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Maybe you didn't notice how Fields kept the defense honest with his incredible scrambling ability. That was the key and changed the dynamic of the Bears offense. Zach can't nor should he run like Fields did tonight.

5. JETFUEL1580

Zach can't nor should he attempt to play like Fields when scrambling. Fields is bigger and tougher. Zach will break the first time he takes a huge shot.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If we had Breece and AVT, I think we could beat the Pats by doing the exact same thing we've been doing. But without them, Zach is going to have to make some plays. I think we're still the better team overall, but if we fall behind early, there's a chance it gets ugly.

Noam, Jets79 and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  7. JETFUEL1580

Agreed completely. Even tonight Fields made some big throws that Zach has trouble with especially under pressure.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Zach like "Them's fightin words"

9. JetsNation06

Missing my larger point which is we will see if Zach can play mistake free football, make smart decisions and convert big plays for this team when needed.

10. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

After watching this game tonight, Mac Jones is not any better than Zappe. Zappe at 6' 1" is a bit short and has a short arm, which explains the number of battered balls.

The Patriot's defensive line has been an issue all year and the Bears have demonstrated the blueprint to beat the Pats. The Jets even without Hall should be able to run the ball effectively. Avoid 3rd and long situations so Judon doesn't kill your QB. The key is patience and not worrying about Field Goals because Pat's offense is not that explosive.

If the jets can manage to not allow the Pats running game to be effective, the Pat's offensive line is not good at pass blocking. They have had issues at both left and right tackles this year. The fact that Cannon at right tackle (backup at best) was better than Trent brown is concerning. I would not want to be Pat's QB facing this Jets defense.

I can say strongly now that the Jets should easily win this game. The greatest coach can't help if the defense can't stop the run. The Jets will win the battle of the trenches and they will not need a great QB to win this game. Hopefully, Wilson is not allowed to throw the game away and the Jets may even blow out my Pats.

11. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

If your prediction comes true, and there are two QBs from Western KY, it shows that drafting a QB in the 1st round is simply a crap shoot.

Either way, I see the Jets winning.

12. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

we have already seen what mistake free qb play does for the Jets in the last 3 games.

i see another low scoring game were Jets play to win

turnover free games lead to wins in the NFL.

Lam

13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

I agree he shouldn't run as much as fields. He and hurts are two guys bilt like solid large rbs.

but...as we have seen , nothing plays can lead to injury too...Vinny t, breece and Zach this ps. Just play the game use legs as necessary.

JETFUEL1580 and FJF like this.
  14. Johnny "Lam" Jones

ugly against the combo of zappe/jones? have you seen the jets D. the pats running game is pitiful.

just some more game management by zach, no turnovers, and turn the pats over a few times is the recipe for winning agains the pats.

needless to say i thing the jets will win.

Lam

dawinner127 likes this.
  15. Johnny "Lam" Jones

fields was sacked 4 times. threw a pick, a touch, and 179 yards. biggest thing was the bears running game, who sliced and diced the pats run d for the tune of 243 yards.

Lam

FJF and bicketybam like this.
  16. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

He also avoided a number of other sacks and turned those plays into big gains … the pick was off a DL deflection, which rarely happens

and fields was their leading rusher

JETFUEL1580 and Losmeister like this.
  17. JetsNation06

A large part of that mistake free football was having a bell cow back like Breece Hall to rely on. Zach doesn't have that luxury starting this week. Defenses don't have to game plan for Hall now. That's why there will be more pressure on Zach to make sure he doesn't start making those mistakes. We will see how well he manages this.

Jets79 likes this.
  18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He will play both so it really doesn't matter.

20. Munter

Munter Member

I’m coming over for this one from the UK for my first game at MetLife. We have a winning record (unexpected), we have lots of exciting young players, solid coaching and strong momentum. The Pats are struggling for sure, but cannot be underestimated.

It has the makings of a great contest, but most of all we will get some answers to important questions…

- can Zack step it up and bring more balance to the offence?
    - will our beat up OL manage to protect him?
    - can Robinson replace Hall effectively?
    - will we keep up our strong 4th quarter finishes?
    - can our defensive win games on their own (they might need to here)
    - are we playoff contenders?

Win and we look forward to the Bills with new found confidence. Lose and the doubts start to creep back in. Clearly the biggest game of the season so far.