Zach Wilson (MERGED) - All new Zach threads will be merged here after a day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Zach just bought himself 10 more games of excuses with the latest news on AVT.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It's all in the receipts, Jeto, all in the receipts. I have a file cabinet full, you must too. And the guy making the big deal wasn't even born when we started collecting them.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, no doubt he needs to play better, and he will. However, he certainly has not done bad enough to warrant all these fans questioning him so far. I get you draft the #2 overall pick to carry the team and be a leader. I think Zach is headed in that direction. With Hall and AVT gone, he is going to have to step up.

4. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

The negativity with Jets Fan is mindboggling.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

A QBs numbers when pressured and not pressured are obscure stats?

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yes.

7. HomeoftheJets

We know what Belichick's gonna do on Sunday...

Vida likes this.
  8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

News Flash it is not.

9. HomeoftheJets

Your newsflash is fake news. Flacco lost to the Ravens and Bengals, two 4-3 teams. Zach beat the 2-5 Steelers, the 4-3 Dolphins' 3rd stringer, the 3-4 Packers (who just lost to the Commanders), and the 2-5 Broncos' backup. I get the Ravens and Bengals would be 3-4 if we beat them, and Packers would be 3-4 if we lost to them, but watching these teams, it's clear the Packers are the worst of the three.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Ahhh, now I see where you got your tag name from: you work at Met Life Stadium and are in charge of moving the goal posts!

Linebacker712 and Noam like this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Do you understand how records work? Flacco losing made their records look better and Wilson winning makes their records look worse. Odd thing to post.

Flacco was literally horrendous most of his time as Jets QB. His lack of mobility kills the offense. Now, without AVT, it would be even worse. How do fans not see this? He won one of his three starts via miracle otherwise would be (0-3).

Zach Wilson still has a lot of growing to do, including getting his WR/TE more involved, but to consider going back to Flacco is borderline insane.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Any time you put ZW in a Spread with nobody back there with him you're taking a risk. Back beside him keeps the RPO alive but when he is alone the defense can just tee off on him.

KY Jets Fan and NY Jets68 like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good post, Brook! While I think the Jets know what they have in Zach and are confident he will be OK, I think there's a very good chance that the way they are having him play is ruining him. He's having to think too much, and that's making him jittery, is shaking his confidence, and he's not relaxed and letting his talent take over. While I think he's mentally tough enough to handle it. Jets fans aren't, and they're likely to start booing him. I think Saleh and MLF need to to set Zach free. The need to open up the offense and let him do his thing. That's how he will learn and develop, not playing so cautiously. They're letting their fear for their jobs hamstring, if not ruin, the best QB prospect we've had in 50 years. If they ruin Zach, I'm done as a Jets fan and will want Saleh's and MLF's heads on pikes outside of 1 Jets Plaza.

14. NCJetsfan

If Saleh and MLF unleash him, I have no doubts that he will step up and rise to the occasion. I think 95% of the way Zach has played since he returned is solidly on them.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

I'm sorry, my friend, but the above is a bad take imo. It's not about padding stats. It's about putting players in a position to succeed. They're not doing that now. They're hamstringing Zach. Just like Moore was not utilized correctly, they're not using Zach correctly. If one wants to win, one can't play afraid of mistakes or coach afraid of players making mistakes. That will cause mistakes and losses. One has to adapt to what one's players do well. They're doing that on D now, but not on offense.

Yesterday was the first game Mims has played, and if it weren't for his key block on Hall's TD run, we could have lost that game. Moore sure as heck can't or won't even try to block like that. Moore has been dogging it the last couple of weeks. If his attitude and effort don't change, and if he doesn't apologize to his teammates, CS, JD and the fanbase, I don't want to ever see the field again as a Jet. I don't care how talented he is.

16. NCJetsfan

I disagree. If Zach has to go through the entire season playing this way, he will either be ruined (will have lost total confidence in himself) or will want a trade in the offseason. This is BS. I hate the way we've been playing. With the way they're playing they may win the battle, but lose the war. Is making the playoffs this year really worth risking ruining Zach? No, it isn't. None of us were expecting playoffs this year. I realize that we're all desperate to see the team win and make the playoffs, but we need not to put the cart before the horse. Zach is the guy who will lead and carry us to the postseason for many years if he is allowed to play, learn and develop. IMO the way they have him playing this year, he's not learning a damn thing or developing. If anything, it's causing him to take a giant step backwards.

17. NCJetsfan

I agree that he needs time, but totally disagree that we need to see how Zach manages games the rest of the year. He is NOT a game manager-type QB. The way they have him playing is totally contrary to his skillset and mindset. I don't think this is helping him at all, but rather hurting him. Losing some games isn't the end of the world if Zach learns and develops because of the way he is allowed to play. The way they have him playing, he can't get in a rhythm. Initially, I disagreed with whomever said that they think Zach is a rhythm thrower, but upon reflection, I totally agree with that assessment. IMO he will never get better with the way they are having him play. All they'll succeed in doing is ruining him.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

The way they're having Zach is what is causing the problems. He has no chance of getting into a rhythm the way they are gameplanning and calling plays. They're coaching like scared little bitches and I hate them.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, this is a bad set given the shaky OL on clear passing plays, and Zach's relative inexperience. It's one thing if you have a Brady or Rodgers back there, another if your guy has played less than a full season.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  20. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

What's the alternative, Flacco? I urge anyone who wants to start Flacco to go rewatch the games he played for us this year.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.