UGLY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 23, 2022.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Better to win ugly than lose pretty right?

Jets79 and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Penalties almost killed us, we gotta figure that shit out

3. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Haven't watched Wilson in a while, but the inaccurate throws wouldn't worry me as much as the complete meltdowns he has on some of the scrambles. Why are you lofting the ball back into the middle of the field when you're standing a foot away from the sideline? It's okay to concede the down.

Rest of the team looks solid and I'm sure it's fun to see the Ws stack up.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Kenny Stabler in the house?

5. JetsCuseYanksFan

Jets / Zach just went up against two top five passing defenses, in their houses, after brutal losses, and won. Zach lost both Moore and Davis for this game, and was throwing to Jeff Smith and Mims. Moore not being there to stretch the defense hurt. Does Zach need to slow down and hit the open receivers, hell yes. But he clearly got the happy feet again with that Denver defense (#3 overall) and AVT going down. My biggest concern from today - not Zach, not MLF, not the injuries (next man up, now we have depth), it’s the damn penalties! We almost lost because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm sorry that GB lost!

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

But they will win next week. I have a feeling.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This, more than anything, is our Achilles heal

#48 LAJet, Oct 23, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
  9. Rogue_Jets

Rogue_Jets New Member

Damn are we and the Jets just cursed to endure being given immense hope because we finally have a solid team that is producing wins because they earned them. No incredible good luck or refs calls in our favor (like that will ever happen) none of that.
    We win by being the better team on the field and outplaying our opponents. Because of great drafts and trades we have gone from being the baseline joke of every late night tv host (even the ones who are fans) to having a show of respect from idiots like Steven A. Smith and the rest of the talentless media people who rely on using the Jets for a quick laugh.
    And then the devil decides to test just how well prepared this team and coaches really are. Terrible injuries strike at the very heart of this team. We possibly lose the best young running back in the league for the remainder of the year, until we get the final word on his MRI we are all praying that Breece Hall will only lose a few weeks. even more devastating to me is the loss of AVT for the season. He is irreplaceable as far as talent and ability to line up anywhere and play at the very highest level of any offensive lineman in football. These are the two players who make the Jets get noticed but they are not the only injuries that will hurt the team. Cory Davis is banged up but will be back soon same goes for George Fant.
    The one player who can cause the most disruption is Elijah Moore, throwing a baby fit over his usage so far and talking of a trade totally throws ripples throughout the team. It also gives these low life media jerks something to latch onto and overplay its real impact, yes we all want to see Moore continue his great play of last season and I truly believed that adding Garrett Wilson would give us the best receiver tandem in football.
    Now Elijah must step up his game but it can't be done with a QB who fails to produce the throws needed, you know the ones that go for more than 10 yards on average. Wilson is the weak link in the most important position in the game. Do we need to have him removed for whatever reason for a couple of games so he can come back playing like he did last year after his injury? This is year three, its time to shit or get off the pot.
    Lets see how this team adjusts to adversity in its lineup, can Saleh and the rest of the coaches respond and continue to win games? With the Patriots playing much, much better than earlier and punishing teams with their defense and run game (exactly the very same formula as the Jets) will we defeat them in our stadium with all the animosity on stage for all to see. This is the most important game of the season for many reasons.
    All I can say is J-E-T-S J-E-T-S J-E-T-S in 2022

LAJet likes this.
  10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Question 1 = No
    Question 2 = Yes

If you think Moore is going to get more opportunities with a Jets weakened offensive line, you’re going to be disappointed.

If you think the season relies on the game vs the Patriots, you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Uh, Year 2, and really he just played his 17th game, so he's now entering Year 2.

12. Rogue_Jets

Rogue_Jets New Member

My bad of course its year 2 just seems so lo-o-o-ng waiting for him to advance.

13. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

My concerns would be the injuries, BUT the penalties put the offense behind the 8 ball too many times causing ZW to play wrecklessly. We need more quick slants get the ball out quick, to open the game with to get ZW in rythem . Can't expect the offensive line to hold up for long 7 step drops without AVT. My main concern is the Patriots pass rush. They gave Fields fits, but they Fields eventually ran more to counter the rush. We can't expect ZW to run like Fields did. The Oline is going to be the key to victory or defeat. I have faith in the defense to stop the Patriot offense. Time for ZW to have a breakout game.

#53 BudJet, Oct 26, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    Noam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Only thing worse than an ugly win is an ugly loss

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

after reading through this thread i am convinced there is a contingent of jets fans that would be displeased if he hoisted a lombardi.

TwoHeadedMonster and Noam like this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Spot on. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that to be the case. Calling them Jet fans however, well that is a very loose definition of the term fan or fanatic.

Noam likes this.