Elijah Moore Requests a Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

There's literally 5 or 6 posters on here that have no idea what they are talking about.

The rest of the world understands the situation

hornblower, LAJet, cval and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Of course you do, but it's not about me even if that's your normal MO. I'm not trying to cast anything in a negative light; I have no problem with how it has been handled at all so far. The speculation by some that regardless of what Saleh said Moore still may be traded would be a problem in my view - as I said, more so for bringing in players in the future than the bad look to fans and media.

3. Ralebird

Probably because you don't understand the difference between challenging opinions and challenging those who write them. You're not alone here.

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We all know that Moore is being selfish here. But to understand his viewpoint we have to look at everything as a whole. The guy was treated like a future star last season after he got hot. He probably felt like he was going to be our top WR for years. Then we drafted a receiver in the top 10. He was probably okay with that, though deep down a little annoyed. Thats how receivers are, especially when their selfish.

In week 1 Garrett Wilson was targeted 8 times. Yet everyone here, and in the press, were saying, "why didn't we throw to Wilson more?" That same game Moore was targeted 7 times. Yet nobody cared about increasing his targets. Right or wrong that probably miffed him some.

The next two games Wilson is targeted 25 times, and Moore only 14. It may have been best for the team but for for someone already feeling neglected it would be noticed. We know that it was a blowup with MLF that started this whole thing. He believes how MLF is using him is costing him numbers. And now maybe game planning away from him.

Then Zach returns. Moore still hasn't found chemistry with Zach. And after 3 games with Zach he's only gotten 8 targets, which is under 2.8 a game. In his mind he's probably seeing what he believes is the writing on the wall.

Its likely he's not wild about his future with Zach, and the offense being catered to his development. In 10 games with Zach he's recorded 252 yards, or an average of 25.2 a game. That's not quality receiver money. While in 8 games, between 3 other QBs, he's recorded 689 yards - or 86.4 yards a game. That's more than triple the production with QBs not named Zach. We don't know the truth but its not a stretch to speculate he isn't sold on working with Zach.

Again, this all boils down to Moore being selfish and there is no good excuse. But we can diagnose where he might be getting annoyed with his situation.

#624 ouchy, Oct 22, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    Brook!, Mogriffjr, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Why would a player shy away from a team that will give in to your demands you get pissed and want out? If anything that would make the Jets more attractive. Think about it.

6. bicketybam

He's played what? All of 16 games as a pro? Fuck him. Stop making excuses for his behavior.

Look at Corey Davis. He did pretty good with his second contract and he didn't have incredible stats.

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Huh? I was diagnosing what could be his mindset. I called him selfish at least 3 times and I think he should be traded before the deadline. I literally said there is no excuse. o_O

8. bicketybam

I'm sure every offensive player wants the ball all the time. That's the mindset.

9. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Well I agree. Of course that's his mindset. Is there anyone who doesn't see that. Trade him. Trade him. Trade him. We can assume he had discussions with MFL and others, and he wasn't satisfied. I don't know how those conversations went, and neither does anyone posting here. I read so many people blaming this, that and those. We don't know if EM was told off, was promised anything, or was his complaint even acknowledged. But its the job of the staff to win games, anyway they can. This young guy obviously doesn't buy into that. As is his right. A dissatisfied employee of a regular company can quit anytime, unless under a contract. And even then there are usually out clauses. It is extraordinary common for people to quit jobs for another company. That's what he wants to do. Give him his wish.

Last year he had a terrific stretch. MFL was his OC. But the jets didn't win games.
    This year he has had a poor stretch. MFL is his OC. The Jets are winning games.
    We have no idea if those games would have been won if EM played a bigger role. NO idea.
    So I ask people, you want to live in the 2021 world or the 2022?

10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

That’s the MO of the league. The CMC trade was literally last week. AJ Brown was this off-season.

You’re entitled to your view, but the workings of the NFL suggest it is not a common view.

K'OB likes this.
  11. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

We do irony. We just can’t tell the difference between irony, sarcasm, honest opinion, and fact.

I blame the lack of font options

K'OB likes this.
  12. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

All I know is that the sports reporters should buy Elijah dinner. He gave them a week of stories without any work. The Jets are winning and that's no fun to write about. A little controversy makes their job easy. Tomorrow there is a game so we can move on. With a loss they can connect the drama to the game. With a win they can look for another story. Go Jets.

13. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

A little of this is team building , we have a bunch of talent at wide out before we drafted Wilson. If Wilson was not here Moore would be getting more touches . That 11 th pick though a home run with Wilson ,cost us our 2nd rd pick from the previous draft. The same could be said about the Hall pick when we already have Carter. We have been extremely lucky to see backup qbs every week and the football gods are shining down on us right now. However we can not continue to miss and reproduce draft picks

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  14. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

100% The best observation so far. Everyone is getting too emotional and making it personal. When you draft good offensive players they WILL want the ball in their hands. This is failure of the coaching staff to layout a gameplan that involves your most talented playmakers. Yea I get we are winning, but you can't win with running Breece Hall every single week – so the idea MLF couldn't call Moore's number when he's doing flea flickers and reverses with GWilson, Berrios, and scripted PA rollouts to Davis every week is quite hard to believe.

So we basically lost our high 2nd from 2021 for our first in 2022. That's why you have to trade him now – so we can recoup that pick. I don't care about setting a message, this isn't high school football (all these guys have professional sports agents – whose about their money). you need your best players on the field or a draft picks to build your team for the future.

#634 BrooklynJetsFan, Oct 23, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  15. steviep

steviep Active Member

The biggest question to me was how would they handle it. What would Bill P do? What would Bill B do? They both played favorites for sure -- but not on second year receivers. Bill P tolerated KeyShawn but that was different. I think that Saleh/Douglas are doing the right thing in sitting him and making him stay home. If he was out there Zach would feel pressue to throw to him. I think they are doing the right thing in not trading him. You want to play somewhere and go 8-108 and be 3-14 -- we can send you to Carolina.

Jets79 and papapump like this.
  16. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Exactly and that's why Moore (like it or not made the move). Hey you don't respect my skillset, and I'm a young receiver so trade me to another team. He's betting he's NOT a favorite and will get traded, or the Jets look silly keeping a starting WR on the bench when other teams need them. This isn't a Mims situation.

Hate it that Moore did it to his brand, cause he seemed like a great kid – but the business move is the correct call by his agent based on protecting his client interest. It's a tough business decision – but it probably plays out better for Moore versus risking the possibility of sitting behind Wilson, not playing in the preferred position, and stats preventing him from him getting a lucrative contract extension at the end of next year.

17. Ralebird

I think that any prospective employee would be wary of signing on with any business where the management has no problem publicly saying one thing about how they handle personnel and then doing something entirely different.

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Ralebird likes this.
  19. Ralebird

I understand your point - players get traded, but using the examples you've cited, as far as I know neither Mike Vrabel nor either of the two head coaches at Carolina this year ever claimed that trading Brown or McCaffrey was "not an option." If a coach specifically declares a player will not be traded and then the player is gone that is definitely not common in the NFL. Hopefully the situation will resolve itself without further distraction but painting oneself into a corner is never a good place from which to negotiate.

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ