Elijah Moore Requests a Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 20, 2022.

1. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Zach had an interview with the media and spoke highly about Moore which was to be expected. Hopefully someone smart will get into his ear and tell him that he has to mature and keep playing. Saleh and Joe D aren't that brash lol so yeah I don't expect that to happen either. I honestly think Moore is to valuable and he's just gonna have to play through it. I'm pretty sure eventually he'll get a good amount of targets and plays. But this can't happen again.

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Its both. The playcalling is shit. Theres no if and or buts about it. MLF hasnt helped this team. Guys are running route into each other, too long developing, and just not good situational playcalling.

Also, Moore dogs it on routes too. Im not big on JT O'Sullivan, but hes right. That int in Pitt at the end of the half was on Moore as much as it was a good play by a DB. He didnt clear his route, if he did that guy wouldnt have been there, but when you dont and its seen, what makes you think you deserve a bigger role?

Nyjets4eva and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

More than that, I'm interested in knowing if there are any parallels to the Mims situation last year; if so, who is the common denominator? I doubt if it's Saleh, from way out here it doesn't seem like that would be his MO. Could it be LaFleur, or Austin, maybe some other assistant? We may never know but if there's somebody inside the organization who's power tripping that needs to end yesterday because no good for anyone will ever come of it. How many other players have had similar problems that never rose to the level that would cause us to become aware of it? On the other hand are Mims and Moore just guys with big egos and short fuses? If that's the case, was there a problem from the start in communicating what behaviors will not be tolerated?

Finally, how many times will we get constantly changing reports from the staff and if they're telling the public different stories how many different stories are they telling the players who are in a position to know the difference? That's no way to run an airline.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  4. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

None of the receivers weren't getting separation. GB secondary is good.
    Yes. a 1st rounder gets it done. and we have depth @ WR to play through this. I don't love it, the Jets won't change their offensive gameplan – which is probably what caused the blow up today at practice.

5. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Actually I think it's Saleh and MLF felt the seat getting hot a bit, and was like we gotta win games at all costs now before it gets late into the season. The gameplan to run Breece worked, but the defenses coming up will begin to stop him.

For MLF – hasn't deserved the right to dictate which players in the passing game get to play. His passing game coordinating has been shit since he's arrived here (run-game is fine). Shanny and McDaniels called plays in 49ers, so LaFleur wasn't even involved as the passing game coordinator role. So I think he's not a good OC, and he knows it....and figured let's run the Breece Hall train until I need to figure something else out. But the offense isn't balanced right now, and you can't win like that....long-term in this league, and against NE and BUF twice a year.

...And it's crazy we have all the weapons to be truly balanced offense.

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Wow, this actually makes it look like the interception was Moore's fault. Seems like he was supposed to take his DB deep which would've cleared out that area.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna say it...

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Bad Look. I know I'm only saying what everyone else Is, but, fuck... Such a dumb fuck move when your team Is 4-2.

JetFanInNE and hornblower like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Excellent post. Rational, non-emotional, and seeking to make a positive out of this situation, rather than a knee-jerk reaction like so many are proposing.

JetFanInNE and hornblower like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

Just because you forgive someone doesn't mean that you accept their behavior. We all make mistakes, especially when we're young and wanting to make a name for ourselves. He could be fined and benched, and read the riot act and told it better not happen again. That's not letting him off the hook. Hopefully, he wakes up/grows up and apologizes. If not, then you deal with it, but in your time and your way, not the player's. As Noam said, this could work out to be a blessing in disguise. It's a test of the Jets' new culture, an opportunity for the team to come even more together, for Saleh and MLF to grow/improve in their handling of the players, and if they bench Moore, then it could be an opportunity for Mims to prove himself. The Jets could come out of this with Moore realizing how wrong he was, apologizing and re-committing himself, and Mims proving his value worth if he gets the opportunity. Even if Moore doesn't come around, if Mims proves himself, and Davis wants too much money, then that gives the Jets options, and it could enable them to trade Moore following the season knowing that Mims can play at a high level.

Even if none of that happens, this is not the time to act rashly and make a knee-jerk reaction. JD, Saleh and MLF need to be more mature than Moore.

11. NCJetsfan

MLF has done some things right, but imo he has also done some things wrong. Perhaps, if MLF was better at his job there would never have been a problem with Mims last season. Expecting him to learn all 3 WR positions before he could play was flat out stupid and counter-productive for Mims and for the team. It was arrogant and unnecessary. Maybe we would have won more games last season. Maybe Mims would have played very differently last season and we wouldn't have felt the need to draft a WR this year, and maybe could have drafted a LB, S, DT, or OT instead of G. Wilson. Maybe our offense would be even better now and more dangerous. MLF has a lot of bad play calls and can be very predictable in his play calling.

He doesn't do what more experienced and better OCs do with a young QB (give them a few easy passes to start a game to get them in a rhythm and the offense moving the ball and some confidence). He did it in one game (Miami, I think), but none of the rest. If he had, perhaps Zach wouldn't be struggling in the first half of games. Last year, MLF was trying to exploit flaws in opposing defense's secondaries rather than getting Zach and the offense in a rhythm early. I think it's MLF's fault that Zach wound up playing hero ball so much early in the season. That's what MLF was basically asking him to do.

Just because he has gone with a run first strategy now doesn't prove that he's a great OC. He talks with his brother every Monday. Maybe his brother asked him wtf he was doing and told him that he needed to be running the ball more. They're not putting up lots and lots of points, either. They did vs Miami and are doing better than last year and the recent past, but with all the talent they have, they should be putting up a lot of points.

One can very easily look at where the Jets are with the Mims situation, with the Moore situation, and with Zach not playing all that well, and lay that at the feet of MLF. He very esily could be ruining all 3 players. Those are 3 of our most talented players. If he is ruining or alienating them, is that acceptable?

IMO if they were focusing more on developing their young talent rather than winning, Zach would be throwing more, and both G. Wilson and Moore would be having more opportunities. The fanbase and media demanded that the Jets win, however, and this could be a result. What good does it do to win a few more games this season, if we wind up having to trade one of our best WRs or ruining Zach?

#231 NCJetsfan, Oct 21, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
    burf and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

Spot on imo.

13. NCJetsfan

Thanks for posting this. Absolutely great and spot on! I hope and pray that Moore hears this and takes it to heart.

Noam likes this.
  14. Vida

Vida Active Member

Send him to Chicago or Washington

jets_fan likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

He's not getting open, he's dogging it, and he isn't blocking. He needs to find a seat on the bench and give Mims an opportunity to play.

16. NCJetsfan

Exactly. If he wants more catches, maybe he should get open more often and improve his catch rate.I agree that a catch rate of 55-56% is not acceptable or good.

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

At this point, you could pick up Toney for a bag of Donuts, no?

18. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Jam donuts? Or those tricksters where the middle has been completely removed? These details are crucial.

K'OB likes this.
  19. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Bart nailed it. Basically stfu put ur head down and grind, end of.

NCJetsfan, hornblower and apjbfc like this.
  20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Mims couldn't separate himself from his underwear that is the reason he isn't playing, even in that great game in preseason stats wise, he wasn't really getting open, he caught all the balls in traffic v third string DB's.

He isn't the messiah he's just a naughty boy (who also requested a trade in the summer)

Right now, I'd give Moore's minutes to Berrios and sit the lad down and try and solve the problem, I really like Moore, I thought we would be set at WR for a good few years with Wilson, Moore, Berrios and a VET presence.