Elijah Moore Requests a Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFOREVER, Oct 20, 2022.

1. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Ok. I really didn't know what scripted meant in football sense. You very clearly exppained it. Thanks. They scripted plays they run with berrios are mostly succeesful. Why would you go off that to moore?

2. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

G Wilson is definitely not more polished then Moore. What are you watching?!

Moore is our best route runner, that’s why he’s running the more complex routes to chew up defenders…and not getting the ball

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Just thought id share this for those who havent seen it yet

NCJetsfan, stinkyB and Acad23 like this.
  4. BrooklynJetsFan

We are not saying switch Berrios reverse to EM. We're saying it's a scripted play. And obvisouly MLF has scripted players for EM. He just hasn't called them. The question is why? EM is a dangerous player with the ball in his hand. That's not debateable, just watch his season highlights from last year.

5. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

moore has yet to have a game like garret had in week 2,,,

Jojo likes this.
  6. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Well, if I was going at this alone, and had no agent or ppl advising me, I’d be more inclined to agree with you. If I was 22 and did something today and a day or 2 acknowledged it was a mistake? No problem.

But that ain’t the case here. He has an agent and other ppl in his life who are MUCH OLDER than 22+ more life experience that you said Elijah lacks. Presumably they counseled him and he went about it anyway.

And even if at 30, or 26, or 42 he might go about this differently, that’s irrelevant, because we’re dealing with him right now, at 22!

So what do you suggest we do?

7. nevbeats319

ok well its about winning games and not sucking players butts. he isnt dk. he isnt deebo. he isnt cooper cupp. he isnt even a tee higgins. he is a fringe #2.

8. BrooklynJetsFan

huh?!

8 reception. 141 yards. 1 TD against MIA last year.

9. bleedgreen

Legitinate question. So what. Is MLF job to somehow equalize opportunity for all players. You think he purposely designs plays to deny moore the ball.
    Every play that goes to moore denies someone else the ball. There is only 1 football. If the team goes into a losing streak with poor offensive performance you can seek reasons. The team us exhibiting good offensive performance. Why not seek reasons

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I suggest we see how it plays out. If he continues to act like an ass, sit him or deactivate him and do nothing. Itll wreck his career. If he cools, goes in to the team apologizes, and acknowledges his mistake then we let it be. Hes going to be deactivated or sit and thats gonna cost him game money regardless.

Like i said, im not saying you cant be mad, trust me im not happy either. Im simply saying remember hes only 20 something. Its something i have to remind myself since i have a 20 something child. As annoying as she can be, shes still just a kid and will make dumb decisions just like i did.

11. nevbeats319

i know that stats are better but i would think most of the members would agree Wilsons display of play was better.

12. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Found this stat interesting

Someone needs to explain to Moore that it's not as bad as he thinks it is.

13. bleedgreen

I had 20 something children 20 something years ago. They still make mistakes. As do i, in my dotage. Its not the mistakes, thats just being human, its owning them. In your 20s age is really no excuse for not learning.

14. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Last year Moore had a catch % rate of 56%, it's 55% this year. Last year he was only in 11 games, started
    6 of them, had 77 targets. If he continues at this rate this year, he will have 82 targets if he plays in
    every game.

Good receivers have a 65-70% catch rate.

If he wants the ball, he should probably improve his catch rate. Breece Hall, Michael Carter and Tyler
    Conklin have catch rate %'s of 61.3%, 81.8% and 68.8% respectively. Even Berrios is 80%, though he hasn't
    had that many targets. (Wilson is 50% - not good either).

I have no idea why he is complaining, to me he looks like a pretty average receiver.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Im not saying take them away from Berrios at all, just saying that EM feels he should have a few in the gameplan for him each week. Not necessarily the same ones , but something ensuring he gets the ball in his hands.

im not going to defend the way he went about this, but ive thought all along they arent using moore right at all. Seems like he’s getting 50 / 50 jump balls on the sidelines if anything, and thats not his strength. Why we cant get him some quick hitters like slants and let him do some damage is beyond me.

NY Jets68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Head gets big... brain gets smaller.

NCJetsfan, REVISion and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

And im not saying that youre wrong about not learning. Youre absolutely correct, but how can he learn? Its his first team, his second year.....he has no frame of reference to personally go on.

I see both sides of the arguement. The man is friendly, he was one of the few players who stopped to take pics with fans last home game.....i have proof. However, he never should have reacted this way. His game is coming, but i would have been pissed if they didnt run more. That was the only logical gameplan to victory.

The film confirms the Pack is very good against the pass. They gave almost no separation, but the playcalling was again shit. Look at how many of them are long developing. Look how many time Moore jogged his routes.

So hes wrong, period, point blank. However MLF hasnt helped anyone on this team succeed.

We dont know if hes learned yet. We will over the next few weeks.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. BrooklynJetsFan

I think MLF was consumed with the offense playing well and just forgot about EM. And what I;m saying the Head Coach has to feel that and understand his players, especially the really good ones. It takes nothing to incorporate your #1 or #2 into a gameplan.
    Wilson is more flashy. but he drops passes, and hasn't handled man coverage well given his attributes. EM is more sure-handed (and never really dropped passes in his rookie year) and was already a far better route runner. He catches deep comebacks, inside stop and curls, just way more advanced route tree. Wilson has only been able to beat coverage coming across the middle due to his elusive strides.

I mean NFL DBs are real good nowadays. They are all over receivers, that's why you need guys who can do one-hand catches like D-hop and OBJ.

#218 BrooklynJetsFan, Oct 20, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    zace likes this.
  19. bleedgreen

A few pages back there was a video of moore plays. Now i watched the game on tv but never focused on moore. The video shows, to me, he wasnt really getting seperation on plays wilson could have thrown the ball. I know it is easily obtainable, i wonder for how many plays he was on the field. If it was a good percentage yet he had so few targets, is it the plays or the execution.

NCJetsfan and zace like this.
  20. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Imagine if our strongest positional group got stronger….

IMO Moore is important to the future of the Jets and I have 0 interest in trading him… but Derrick Brown would be an offer I couldn’t refuse.

Jets get 3rd yr DT Derrick Brown (think bigger than Q and having a top 5 season this year)

Green Bay Packers get a WR who already knows the system still on his rookie contract.

Panthers get ammo to rebuild: GB 2022 1st, 2022 Jets 3rd, 2024 Jets 4th

GB would be spending their 2023 1st on a WR and hopefully salvage this season. Other MiLF knows he’s 1st round talent I don’t see JD moving on him unless he gets… an offer he can’t refuse.

#220 KingRoach, Oct 20, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2022